Author Topic: MIRROR - To see the Obelisk of Thenial  (Read 47381 times)

Offline X-Osoerde (Alan)

• The Dragon
  • Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
Re: MIRROR - To see the Obelisk of Thenial
« Reply #90 on: June 04, 2009, 05:26:12 PM »
Maire should be able to make a place hallowed of the Great Mother, I suspect.
Yes, wyrmling, the meat is made all the more tender by armor...

Offline X-ETN/Maire Cwyllmie (Libor)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 12
« Reply #91 on: June 04, 2009, 05:26:54 PM »
Weren't many Masela temples converted to temples of Nesirie?  Perhaps that temple can act as a 'foci' to the ETN temple on the other side?

Im not sure what you mean by 'foci'. Would that allow us to go or communicate trough the Veil? Or to call Nesirie's power into the SW?

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #92 on: June 04, 2009, 05:27:20 PM »
Don't look at the DM...he doesn't know either.
DM Bjørn

• Former players
  • Noble
« Reply #93 on: June 04, 2009, 05:29:37 PM »
Nice one  :)

I think/hope thats what Libor/ETN is aiming for as by his last post

Not exactly. Im somewhat more abmitious trying to pose as the goddess of the sea ;)

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #94 on: June 04, 2009, 05:31:58 PM »
Im not sure what you mean by 'foci'. Would that allow us to go or communicate trough the Veil? Or to call Nesirie's power into the SW?
I believe you have allready made quite a show of calling Nesirie's power into the Shadow World and succeeding doing so - remember the recent fights? The light and stuff? If for that we would surely have been in for even worse experience than the one the party got.
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

• Sovereign
« Reply #95 on: June 04, 2009, 05:37:19 PM »
Having done all that she could for others, Maire tries to get some rest and consolation herself. She goes to the sea and Masela's temple trying to commune with sea and draw an inspiration from it as she is used to do. To calm her mind and clear it from anger and frustration like the sea calms and sky above it clears after storm. Maybe if she clears her mind she will be able to come up with a solution to this mess. Or will even sea answer the call of Masela's blood in Maire's veins?

Something happens all right. But not what you had...expected, if you had any expectations at all.

First one appears. Then one more. Then a few more at a time. Faster and faster. What say you? The bloated corpses of lost Masetian sailors...hundreds, nay thousands, slowly drifting to the surface, chocking the beach and the ocean beyond. It is an eerie sight to say the least. Nothing works the way it is supposed to here, and all that you do turn into something dark and distorted.

I guess that pretty much want me to NOT waiting around to see Maire investigating how to interface with the old temple; next thing is she direct the thousands of corpses to march through the Obelisk  ;D

Bjørn you are nasty in an extremely entertaining way  :P
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-Mieres & SAS/AV (Mark)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 15
« Reply #96 on: June 04, 2009, 05:38:07 PM »
OH DEAR GOD!  I think the Governor just shat himself  ???
Every man has a price he will willingly accept, even for what he hoped never to sell. 

• Sovereign
« Reply #97 on: June 04, 2009, 05:39:59 PM »
First a quick little recap and then an army of dead on the shore of the erstwhile "safe" village lol.

Wallac goes to take a piss trying to aim for somewere outside his armour 8)

• Former players
  • Noble
« Reply #98 on: June 04, 2009, 05:45:47 PM »
Having done all that she could for others, Maire tries to get some rest and consolation herself. She goes to the sea and Masela's temple trying to commune with sea and draw an inspiration from it as she is used to do. To calm her mind and clear it from anger and frustration like the sea calms and sky above it clears after storm. Maybe if she clears her mind she will be able to come up with a solution to this mess. Or will even sea answer the call of Masela's blood in Maire's veins?

Something happens all right. But not what you had...expected, if you had any expectations at all.

First one appears. Then one more. Then a few more at a time. Faster and faster. What say you? The bloated corpses of lost Masetian sailors...hundreds, nay thousands, slowly drifting to the surface, chocking the beach and the ocean beyond. It is an eerie sight to say the least. Nothing works the way it is supposed to here, and all that you do turn into something dark and distorted.

I guess that pretty much want me to NOT waiting around to see Maire investigating how to interface with the old temple; next thing is she direct the thousands of corpses to march through the Obelisk  ;D

Yes! They answered the call of their goddess. Now they will serve me, follow trough the Obelisk and kick those gnoll asses  8)

Offline X-Mieres & SAS/AV (Mark)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 15
« Reply #99 on: June 04, 2009, 05:51:38 PM »
Why do I have visions of Return of the Jedi where the Ewoks were going to sacrifice the party to their "God" 3CPO?  :o
Every man has a price he will willingly accept, even for what he hoped never to sell. 

• Sovereign
« Reply #100 on: June 04, 2009, 05:56:13 PM »
Well you asked that question yourself - better also answer it because I can surely not see why you would think that? Those sailor are not fluffy and sweet  ;D

As for ETN turning into master of an undead army or should I say navy? Ok Army. they lack the ships yet. "Maire would you please ask the nice gentlemen if they know where we could find a ship? Oh they allready offered one; and you said the name was something with flying and dutchman?"

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #101 on: June 04, 2009, 06:00:26 PM »
They are just floating
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Osoerde (Alan)

• The Dragon
  • Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
« Reply #102 on: June 04, 2009, 06:03:12 PM »
By foci, I was thinking more like how a temple acts as a 'source' for wielding realm magic.  In this particular case, I was thinking that the temple could be made to allow Maire to access her temple network which would mean that she has realm magic, but more aptly, she could undo her shadow ward.

It doesn't really matter though, since it looks like this won't work.
Yes, wyrmling, the meat is made all the more tender by armor...

• Sovereign
« Reply #103 on: June 04, 2009, 06:03:58 PM »

• Sovereign
« Reply #104 on: June 04, 2009, 06:05:14 PM »
Perhaps we could simply walk on the corpses and thus cross the sea  ???

No no I did not mean that!