Author Topic: P&H #69 uploaded - Feedback in this thread please  (Read 7313 times)

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
P&H #69 uploaded - Feedback in this thread please
« on: December 21, 2010, 11:43:49 AM »
For P&H feedback

Note that v1.41 doesn't contain all minor NPC actions and lacks some events.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Avanil/Aubrae Avan (Thorsten)

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 35
  • Princess Aubrae Avan
Re: P&H #69 uploaded - Feedback in this thread please
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 12:19:25 PM »
I believe the Princess received a gift of goods worth 4GB from CJS
Aubrae Avan,
Princess of Avanil, Duchess of Taeghas

Diplomacy is the art of letting someone else have your way.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 12:37:33 PM »

Possibly; but it would not be included in the P&H. Check with the CJS player.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-ETN/Maire Cwyllmie (Libor)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 12
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 01:35:17 PM »
ETN is missing the regular grant of 1GB from Osoerde.

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 04:31:58 PM »
It is not expressly stated in the spell description of "Excommunication" that there is also a loss of Stability involved.

I am aware that the wording is probably not how you play it anyway, but I thought I'd bring it up. *cough*

Also, the estates of Viscount Nathal used to pay tribute of both gold and regency. - Am I to interpret that PETG taking them over has specifically seized to pay this tribute? - I would expect the holdings to continue as they always have, until ordered to do otherwise.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 04:34:30 PM by Elinie/RiD (Niels) »
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-LPA/Gaerred Khaiarén (Gray)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • High Hierophant Gaerred Khaiarén
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 04:51:01 PM »
It is not expressly stated in the spell description of "Excommunication" that there is also a loss of Stability involved.

I am aware that the wording is probably not how you play it anyway, but I thought I'd bring it up. *cough*

Also, the estates of Viscount Nathal used to pay tribute of both gold and regency. - Am I to interpret that PETG taking them over has specifically seized to pay this tribute? - I would expect the holdings to continue as they always have, until ordered to do otherwise.

What description are you looking at, Niels?  The Regent Guide v3.5 states:

Target provinces suffer a –3 penalty to prosperity, and the targeted domain suffers a –2 penalty to stability (provided that the Court province is one of those covered by the spell).

In addition, each of the caster’s temple holdings must immediately conduct a free contest domain (costing no GBs to initiate) action against any one holding belonging to the target regent (provided there are any in that province). Normal modifiers apply, and both sides can spend influence normally.
During subsequent turns target provinces suffer an additional –2 penalty to prosperity and the contest action must be repeated. The caster cannot voluntarily cancel the spell.
The caster must pay an additional number of RPs per province equal to the difference in target province level and his holding level. Example: Casting Excommunicate in a province (6), where the caster has a temple (4), costs an additional 6-4 = 2 RPs.

Character Level Equivalent: None. A regent that is targeted by this spell can limit its effects with a successful Will save (modified by stability). The spell is fairly focused, so the DC of the Will save is increased by 5. If the save is successful, the initial prosperity modifier is –2 (for all affected provinces) and the stability penalty becomes –1. A new save can be attempted during subsequent turns, and if successfully the prosperity modifier for that turn is reduced to –1.

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 06:14:44 PM »
That is a brutal spell.

Bjorn, I'm not sure how one of my actions, an Agitate, was resolved.  It's listed in my DO twice because it was my Lt. action - once, under the Lt. Action slot, and once for reference in the Lt.'s character actions as "Bonus Lieutenant action".  In the Lt. Action slot, it's shown as a success; in the character slot, it's shown as an Exceptional Success.  The P&H showed a +1 from Agitate, so I'm guessing it was only a regular success and the Ex. Success in the character slot was an error, but I wanted to check and be sure.

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 08:09:06 PM »
@Gray, Ah, I see it and its a -2 because of the +1 default winter thing... ouch.
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-LPA/Gaerred Khaiarén (Gray)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • High Hierophant Gaerred Khaiarén
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 09:25:06 PM »
@Niels Yeah. That hurt, sorry.

Incidentally, I don't think Ansien is suppose to be rebellious. In theory, Bless the Holy Lands is applied last and since the province would have been rebellious already, +1 temporary modification to that would push prosperity to Defiant.  I don't think this helps you though...so maybe it is better to leave it the way it is?

Offline X-CJS/Ruormad Coumain (Tristan)

• Former players
  • Scion
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2010, 12:52:47 AM »

It's in my DO and marked as successful so I guess you can add 4GB to your stockpile or maybe make a stockpile out of the the 4GB  ;D

For the CJS stability shows as -1, but I'm a lawful-neutral temple so shouldn't it be 0 now?
Most Sacred Broker Ruormad Coumain, Patriach of the Celestial Jewel of Sarimie.
The wise man invests in times of plenty to ensure plenty in times of hardship.

Offline X-Osoerde (Alan)

• The Dragon
  • Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2010, 04:18:50 AM »
Tshalen GB tribute should probably have been restored. I probably shouldn't be recieving RP from Tshalen though.
Yes, wyrmling, the meat is made all the more tender by armor...

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2010, 08:09:00 AM »

It's in my DO and marked as successful so I guess you can add 4GB to your stockpile or maybe make a stockpile out of the the 4GB  ;D

For the CJS stability shows as -1, but I'm a lawful-neutral temple so shouldn't it be 0 now?

My fault; as a Sarimite temple I tagged you as CN. But obviously that is not the case. So you should be at 0 now.
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2010, 08:09:34 AM »
@Gray, Ah, I see it and its a -2 because of the +1 default winter thing... ouch.

-3 +1 = -2

(finally got SOME math right - did you see that Brandon?)

:D
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2010, 08:10:57 AM »
That is a brutal spell.

Bjorn, I'm not sure how one of my actions, an Agitate, was resolved.  It's listed in my DO twice because it was my Lt. action - once, under the Lt. Action slot, and once for reference in the Lt.'s character actions as "Bonus Lieutenant action".  In the Lt. Action slot, it's shown as a success; in the character slot, it's shown as an Exceptional Success.  The P&H showed a +1 from Agitate, so I'm guessing it was only a regular success and the Ex. Success in the character slot was an error, but I wanted to check and be sure.

The bonus from the supportive action to the regent action was exceptional, but the regent action itself had only a normal success, so +1.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-CJS/Ruormad Coumain (Tristan)

• Former players
  • Scion
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2010, 09:03:21 AM »
It seems that current boring bonus from Sahdow Ward may be missing in Nortmoor, Sorelies and Hildon in Alamie, and possibly Illien, but Illien's prosperity is so stupid (beause I am envious) that I may be wrong.
Most Sacred Broker Ruormad Coumain, Patriach of the Celestial Jewel of Sarimie.
The wise man invests in times of plenty to ensure plenty in times of hardship.