Author Topic: End of game questions  (Read 26485 times)

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Re: End of game questions
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2013, 09:25:41 AM »
I killed Brandon Boer - my single most expensive action of the game - and was in fact multiple actions to achieve it.

GH tied his fortune to that of Avanil at the Sword and Crown - it seemed to buy credibility and put him square into the "serious realm" bracket he was aiming for. GHieste sent an army. GH killed a vassal of Avan at his request. And then he asked "who will rid me of this troublesome Boer" essentially - only more blatant than that.

Ghorien obliged.

Though I think others should be glad; just imagine the mess if GE had spent those energies on developing mhoried, Alamie or osoerde interests ;)

That you did you very bad man.

I think several players should be very happy that you let hundreds of gold bars drain away like blood into the earth of the West...what if you had pursued a guild strategy in the north and east instead? It would have made the life of the MS and PETG rather more complicated I'd say.

Oh, and let's not forget you found the resources to meddle in Ilien, Elinie AND Aerenwe too!
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Ghieste & HOT/GH (Matt)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 38
  • Duke Ghorien Hiriele of Ghieste, Guilder of H/OT
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2013, 09:38:54 AM »
*whistles innocently*

It kept *everyone* else busy. They were all worrying about what I was up to politically and not digging around in my trash! It was in fact all a Kansas City Shuffle! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas_City_Shuffle

Ilien was about Diemed and his recognition. While Aerenwe and Elinie were about keeping Osoer busy - though even Ghorien would not do the terrible thing Elinie asked of him :)
His Grace Ghorien Hiriele,
Duke of Ghieste,
Grand-Maester of the Highland/Overland Traders,
Viscount of Whyrthe.
Down Right Evil Bastard!

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2013, 09:48:55 AM »
Some Aerenwe-centric questions. Feel free to ignore those you might want to use for RoE3.

1) Who killed Rhuobhe?
2) Did Braedonnal Tuare absorb Rhuobhe's bloodline and start on a path of becoming an Awnshegh?
3) Was there something sinister behind William Osoer? How did he really get resurrected?
4) Did Tristan Bellamie really have some artifact granting him great powers or was it all about his gold?
5) Where is High Warden Lasarus?
6) Was Points East working for Osoer all the time?
7) Who is the father of ETN High Priestess' child?

1. Braedonnal Tuare
2. Indeed he did; but such a transformation takes time. Bredonnal would rule his new scattered elven and half-elven kingdom well for quite some time.
3. Nothing sinister. Just a man with too much responsibility trying to make his way through a dark and difficult world. Resurrected by the grace of Haelyn (through the High Prefect Hubaere Arminedin).
4. Errr...yes! A very old and powerful bloodstone of Azrai - the Eye of the Viper. Lost for a long time it resurfaced in Tristans hands. it promises great power - and eventual ruin. As can be seen from the handful of Khinasi realms it has destroyed.
5. On a walkabout. In the Sielwode. In Tuarhievel. In the Corwn. The list goes on.
6. Hell no!
7. High Marshall Robhan.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Alamie/CA (Marco)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 5
« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2013, 09:49:24 AM »
I killed Brandon Boer - my single most expensive action of the game - and was in fact multiple actions to achieve it.

Though I think others should be glad; just imagine the mess if GE had spent those energies on developing mhoried, Alamie or osoerde interests ;)

You did well, I never supposed you were the killer.

I know you were a rich guy, ready to open his coffers to gain respect among anuire's nobility, and so I made an alliance with you :-)

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2013, 09:50:02 AM »
Why would we want to end the red wind?
He was such a nice guy.

I know!

He was by far the nicest NPC in RoE2.
DM Bjørn

• Former players
  • Noble
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2013, 09:52:19 AM »
Who was the One True God? Azrai?

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2013, 09:55:07 AM »
1) What was the cause of undead walking in northern Alamie and Tuornen? was it related to the Warlock as I guessed?

2) Who did kill Brandon Boer?

3) Where did Anastasie Daulton go and why did she leave CA?

4) Was Draco Moergan going to become what Jaison Raenech was in RoE I?

1. Not as such. It was the lingering effects of the Eyeless One's magic (from RoE1). But the Warlock didn't do anything to fix it either, because it created such a nice buffer between him and civilization.

2. Agents of Ghieste.

3. Into the Five Peaks, searching for the Hidden Temple. If she found it she would have qualified as a potential slayer of the Red Wind.

4. Too early to tell. His main function was to be dangerous and unpredictably independent...so that it would be a difficult choice for the players if they wanted to groom him or get rid of him. He could have been a great general if/when the Gorgon came knocking...but he might not have played along well with wathever power games were going on at the time.
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2013, 09:56:40 AM »
I also came within a gnat's whisker of kidnapping another regent and wangling concessions from them ;)

Indeed you did - with a little help from your Princess f(r)iend.

That kidnapping was an example of how weird thing can get when players let the narrative take them places their DOs do not. In RP terms the kidnapping should have worked out quite nicely. In terms of the domain rules, not so well.
DM Bjørn

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2013, 09:57:22 AM »
Marco - yes well... GH stopped an assassination of the good Duke at the Sword and Crown, so you had reason to be thankful even though you never knew it. I believe some of your court were nasty cultists the same as ghorien - I am sure the all knowing DM will be amused to reveal the truth of that too ;)
Duke of Ghieste,
Viscount of Whyrthe.
Down Right Evil Bastard!

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2013, 10:00:18 AM »
Who was the One True God? Azrai?

The One True God is the One True God: He who came before. He who knows all. He who forgives all. He is the never-ending light who protects us from the darkness that gnaws at the roots of creation. All other gods are but an aspect of the One True God, imperfectly glimpsed by the imperfect hearts and minds of men. There are no other gods but the One True God.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-WIT/Toreas Kharnmoin (Rune)

• the Nerdrager
  • Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 24
  • Archprelate Toreas Kharnmoin
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2013, 10:02:26 AM »
Now that Toreas could recognize the dopplegangers - any persons of interest he might see "differently" next time he met them?
Toreas Kharnmoin
Pontiff of All Anuire
Archprelate of the Western Imperial Temple of Haelyn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2013, 10:03:23 AM »
Marco - yes well... GH stopped an assassination of the good Duke at the Sword and Crown, so you had reason to be thankful even though you never knew it. I believe some of your court were nasty cultists the same as ghorien - I am sure the all knowing DM will be amused to reveal the truth of that too ;)

That is correct. Alamie's Chamberlain is a nasty dark-hearted cultist. With Anasatiae Daulton out of town his next move would be getting rid of the Duke, marrying a suitable noblewoman and setting himself up as regent (until such a time as he had the heir and power requied to get rid of the Duke's child).

Later he would face the same dillemma as Ghorien - try to keep his ill-gotten gains or bow before the Gorgon's  might? In his case the latters seems more likely, but perhaps if Ghorien turned traitor he would do the opposite.

All this assuming his plots would succeed (not given).
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2013, 10:05:32 AM »
Dude,

I was ALL over that.  The Governator was planning a little reconnaissance voyage to look into o'l Breezy.  He just couldn't believe HE was the one doing it.

I was looking forward to that expedition. I was quite hoping that the religious zeal of the people of Eustan would really hammer down the insidious nature of the faith of the One. When you got back you would then have the opportunity to see the signs of the new faith within your own realm - and gotten the opportuinty to decide wether to fight it og embrace it.
DM Bjørn

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2013, 10:12:58 AM »
The One True God is the One True God: He who came before. He who knows all. He who forgives all. He is the never-ending light who protects us from the darkness that gnaws at the roots of creation. All other gods are but an aspect of the One True God, imperfectly glimpsed by the imperfect hearts and minds of men. There are no other gods but the One True God.

HERESY! BURN THE HERETIC!
Duke of Ghieste,
Viscount of Whyrthe.
Down Right Evil Bastard!

• Former players
  • Noble
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2013, 10:13:37 AM »
Who was behind the dopplegangers' affair?