Author Topic: Cant handle warfare  (Read 2323 times)

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
Cant handle warfare
« on: April 02, 2012, 12:02:57 AM »
I have not the rl time to fit into Bjørns schedule. Instead of endless frustration having campaign move on with lots of wasted WM's due to my lack of ability to judge when time is up I quite game. It was fun both times I played.

Have fun
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-Osoerde (Alan)

• The Dragon
  • Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
Re: Cant handle warfare
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 12:14:08 AM »
Quitting seems a little extreme, Kasper.

Why not simply let Bjorn fiat it? You can put the general plan in your DO and deal with the ramifications in the next turn.
Yes, wyrmling, the meat is made all the more tender by armor...

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 12:27:13 AM »
Hi Kasper, I've made the mistake of not saying anything because I couldn't say it properly before - generally most people are understanding of RL pressures.

I know it is frustrating to see your realm 'fail' something because you were busy / ill / un-connected etc but RoE is a multi-year game so 1 action or a few war-moves here or there don't really matter, take some zen time - you can sort out a way forward that avoids you being glued to your key-board or holding up turn-close to avoid the problem happening next season.
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

Offline X-Coeranys/WD (Greg)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 4
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 12:46:08 AM »
Quitting seems a little extreme, Kasper.

Why not simply let Bjorn fiat it? You can put the general plan in your DO and deal with the ramifications in the next turn.

Kasper, why don't you try what Alan suggested - it works for me - allows me to stay in the game vs. RL time pressures and still contribute and enjoy the game.
William Deaulen
Baron of Coeranys
Count of Caudraight

Offline X-Tuornen/LF (Geir)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • Laela Flaertes, Duchess of Tuornen
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 01:54:40 AM »
Kasper, there must be other players with more time that can do the wm. Plz dont quit
Laela Flaertes, By the Grace of Haelyn Duchess of Tuornen

- Geir
Tuornen / LF

Offline X-Avanil/Aubrae Avan (Thorsten)

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 35
  • Princess Aubrae Avan
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 07:40:21 AM »
Act instead of reacting. Do instead of questioning. I've lost track of the amount of times, Bjørn has informed his players that he wont tell them what to do - they have to make the decisions (for better or worse) themselves.

"Could we do this?" - Yes, you can. But do you do it? That's what matters.

I still remember my first RoE-campaign. Little Kaven Enlien, an unknown quantity then, put in charge of a rather large host and pointed towards the gnolls in Mieres.
I made some bad calls down there. I mean, I almost lost 5.000 men and the entire campaign at one point. But I *acted*. It was made very clear that worse things would happen if I simply sat around and did nothing, so I took some decisions. Sometimes based on nothing more than a hunch and without any knowledge of the actual game mechanics.

Bjørn forces a sense of urgency to warfare. It only seems only fair - we have a week to decide actions in a game, where regents normally have an entire season to carefully plan their actions. Of course it doesn't move along at the same rate as everything else in the game. If you don't have time for it, delegate. Or write a campaign-plan for the turn - or do both.
Aubrae Avan,
Princess of Avanil, Duchess of Taeghas

Diplomacy is the art of letting someone else have your way.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 07:57:15 AM »
<facepalm>

You say WM 9, I say WM 10.

You quit.

WoW!