Author Topic: OOC Mirror - Turn #71 - The Rebellion in Aerenwe  (Read 8536 times)

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
Re: OOC Mirror - Turn #71 - The Rebellion in Aerenwe
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2012, 01:53:38 PM »
It seems we are reenacting Story of RoE I. Invicible Osoerde taking out their neighbours one by one.

Not that much like it.  About the only similarity is hostility between Osoerde and Aerenwe.  Past that, just about every aspect of this is different.

Offline X-Aerenwe/TS (Miloš)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 10
    • timeKraft
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2012, 02:11:48 PM »
::) isnt that very close to vanila BR? ...I belive I recall something like that, some usurper story and then onwards

Yeah, Osoerde always ends up replacing Ghoere as a bad guy great power. I have no idea why.
Tasaenae Swordwraith,
By the Grace of Haelyn and Nesirie,
Queen of Aerenwe,
Countess of Calrie,
Protector and High Warden of the Erebannien

• Former players
  • Scion
    • timeKraft
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2012, 02:13:26 PM »
Quote from: DM B
Ser Silvestre is invited to dine with Marquis Isilviere - in the Marquis new castle accommodations...

Duchess Marlae and Baron Tristan are happily united in Caer Callin.

Partition of Poland?
Tasaenae Swordwraith,
Queen of Aerenwe,
Countess of Calrie,

Offline X-ETN/Maire Cwyllmie (Libor)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 12
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2012, 02:24:02 PM »
It seems we are reenacting Story of RoE I. Invicible Osoerde taking out their neighbours one by one.

Not that much like it.  About the only similarity is hostility between Osoerde and Aerenwe.  Past that, just about every aspect of this is different.

Elinie, Coeranys-Chimaeron, Aerenwe. Am I the only one seeing pattern here? Guess who is next.

Offline X-Roesone/SG (Shido)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Count Saender Ghoried
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2012, 02:31:11 PM »
Elinie, Coeranys-Chimaeron, Aerenwe. Am I the only one seeing pattern here? Guess who is next.
Boeruine?  ;)
Count Saender Ghoried
Crown Regent of Roesone
First councillor of the Spider River Traders
Royal guild of Roesone

• Former players
  • Scion
    • timeKraft
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2012, 02:37:15 PM »

If I've done my history homework well, I think Avanil should kick Osoer's ass next and then, instead of partitioning Osoerde, Avanil and their allies will leave it alone to prepare for yet another expansionist aggression.
Tasaenae Swordwraith,
Queen of Aerenwe,
Countess of Calrie,

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2012, 02:43:00 PM »

Raenech didn't usually conclude peace treaties with the countries he went to war with that left those countries independent and with the same ruler as before the war.  Aerenwe's obviously up for all manner of interpretation, but the war with Elinie this game doesn't fit the mold you're trying to apply to it.

• Former players
  • Scion
    • timeKraft
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2012, 02:44:54 PM »

Raenech didn't usually conclude peace treaties with the countries he went to war with that left those countries independent and with the same ruler as before the war.  Aerenwe's obviously up for all manner of interpretation, but the war with Elinie this game doesn't fit the mold you're trying to apply to it.

Sure, the warmongers always have an explanation why their aggression isn't quite like the last one the history remembers. :P
Tasaenae Swordwraith,
Queen of Aerenwe,
Countess of Calrie,

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2012, 02:45:47 PM »
::) isnt that very close to vanila BR? ...I belive I recall something like that, some usurper story and then onwards

Yeah, Osoerde always ends up replacing Ghoere as a bad guy great power. I have no idea why.

Because you're located next to Osoerde, so it's more of a concern as a 'bad guy' to you than people far away?  I imagine the (former) Countess of Ilien would have different opinions about Ghieste than you, for instance.  Don't take personal viewpoints as universal moral truths.

• Former players
  • Scion
    • timeKraft
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2012, 02:55:16 PM »

Because you're located next to Osoerde, so it's more of a concern as a 'bad guy' to you than people far away?  I imagine the (former) Countess of Ilien would have different opinions about Ghieste than you, for instance.  Don't take personal viewpoints as universal moral truths.

It's more about the number of his peers Archduke of Osoerde, former and current, has invaded or intimidated into submission rather than the proximity to my domain, which forms the general opinion. Most of Anuire did unite to stop Raenech. It seems to be happening again, but it isn't over yet, and it might turn out to be a "Partition of Poland" as I already mentioned.

Also, my observation of Osoerde/Ghoere phenomenon is based on other games and Raenech's Osoerde in this one. Ghoere is long gone in the time of Osoer's Osoerde.
Tasaenae Swordwraith,
Queen of Aerenwe,
Countess of Calrie,

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2012, 02:13:32 PM »

It's more about the number of his peers Archduke of Osoerde, former and current, has invaded or intimidated into submission rather than the proximity to my domain, which forms the general opinion. Most of Anuire did unite to stop Raenech. It seems to be happening again, but it isn't over yet, and it might turn out to be a "Partition of Poland" as I already mentioned.

Also, my observation of Osoerde/Ghoere phenomenon is based on other games and Raenech's Osoerde in this one. Ghoere is long gone in the time of Osoer's Osoerde.

Well, in vanilla BR, Raenech is a vicious tyrant who's actively selling his own subjects out to the Beliniks.  He's the winner of "Most Villainous", as opposed to Ghoere's "Most Dangerous," which makes him very appealing to DMs. 

My point about proximity is that Aerenwe's got every reason to have massive issues with Osoerde over the years, but a lot of the examples Linde is trotting out don't actually apply when you dig into them - but Aerenwe again has every reason to see them through the light of its own experiences with Osoerde.  There were reasons - pretty good ones, on BOTH sides, due to some remarkable confusion on the players' parts - for the Elinie war, and when they got resolved through Diplomacy, the war ended.  Coeranys and the Chimaeron are Osoerde's ALLIES, so I'm not sure why they're even in the list.  Now Osoer is off fighting a Crusade against an Awnshegh (which, given how the last one turned out last game, seems a poor choice.  Maybe history IS going to repeat itself in that area?).  But what matters to the ETN and Aerenwe is A) what's happening in Aerenwe now, B) the basic fact that there was a war with Elinie, Aerenwe's friend, without regard for reasons, and C) Aerenwe's history with Osoerde.  Local perspective - Osoerde is an expansionistic, war-mongering villain.  Larger perspective - a lot more complicated.

• Former players
  • Scion
    • timeKraft
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2012, 02:33:15 PM »

Well, in vanilla BR, Raenech is a vicious tyrant who's actively selling his own subjects out to the Beliniks.  He's the winner of "Most Villainous", as opposed to Ghoere's "Most Dangerous," which makes him very appealing to DMs. 

My point about proximity is that Aerenwe's got every reason to have massive issues with Osoerde over the years, but a lot of the examples Linde is trotting out don't actually apply when you dig into them - but Aerenwe again has every reason to see them through the light of its own experiences with Osoerde.  There were reasons - pretty good ones, on BOTH sides, due to some remarkable confusion on the players' parts - for the Elinie war, and when they got resolved through Diplomacy, the war ended.  Coeranys and the Chimaeron are Osoerde's ALLIES, so I'm not sure why they're even in the list.  Now Osoer is off fighting a Crusade against an Awnshegh (which, given how the last one turned out last game, seems a poor choice.  Maybe history IS going to repeat itself in that area?).  But what matters to the ETN and Aerenwe is A) what's happening in Aerenwe now, B) the basic fact that there was a war with Elinie, Aerenwe's friend, without regard for reasons, and C) Aerenwe's history with Osoerde.  Local perspective - Osoerde is an expansionistic, war-mongering villain.  Larger perspective - a lot more complicated.

It's not a local perspective, it's a global opinion based on global IC knowledge, mostly from status reports and what is being posted on the forums. Osoerde invaded and subjugated Elinie. Just taking a look at the last several status reports is enough to realize that Baron of Coeranys might not be wholeheartedly feeling as Osoer's close ally. The crusade and Aerenewe are obvious.

It's not that I'm questioning reasons or roleplaying of characters in Osoerde. It's just that their IC knowledge as well as IC knowledge of our own characters about this situation isn't something that will shape global opinion about Osoer and his supporters.
Tasaenae Swordwraith,
Queen of Aerenwe,
Countess of Calrie,

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire