Author Topic: Heat wave in Norway  (Read 10463 times)

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
Re: Heat wave in Norway
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2009, 01:35:12 AM »
Lol, well, I've been circling going over to the states for years now. Let me know if people want to get serious about it, maybe next summer?

After all, ROE2 will take 3 real life years to complete.  ;D
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-Tuornen/LF (Geir)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • Laela Flaertes, Duchess of Tuornen
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2009, 01:37:48 AM »
Lol, well, I've been circling going over to the states for years now. Let me know if people want to get serious about it, maybe next summer?

After all, ROE2 will take 3 real life years to complete.  ;D

I'm with you! :-)
Laela Flaertes, By the Grace of Haelyn Duchess of Tuornen

- Geir
Tuornen / LF

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2009, 09:06:02 AM »
So I vote the next RoE meet is in California in Greg's pool!

I'm happy to host!  though I think it might be pretty damn expensive for most of you guys to travel over here!  San Francisco is nearby, and for wine lovers, the Napa valley is a "10".  For computer geeks, Silicon Valley is about an hour away, as are the beaches.  Lake Tahoe is about 2-3 hours away, that's also a "10".  Just say the word!  :)

We could always Shadow Walk over...or take the Obelisk Transoceanic - might cheap carrier I hear :)
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 22
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2009, 09:33:46 AM »

We could always Shadow Walk over...or take the Obelisk Transoceanic - might cheap carrier I hear :)

It might be cheap, but their control-posts are a bitch. I mean, last time I went, I had my collection of pretty rocks with me, and some guy behind the desk went totally nuts, almost like I was a terrorrist or something... I mean, how much trouble can a *rock* cause? Really?

(Mark is going to hear for that one for some time to come...  ::))

Offline X-EOM/SS (Marco)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 4
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2009, 10:52:27 AM »
I bet I have the warmest summer among all of the players...Maybe only Iasonas can match with me :P

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2009, 01:07:11 PM »
So I vote the next RoE meet is in California in Greg's pool!

I'm happy to host!  though I think it might be pretty damn expensive for most of you guys to travel over here!  San Francisco is nearby, and for wine lovers, the Napa valley is a "10".  For computer geeks, Silicon Valley is about an hour away, as are the beaches.  Lake Tahoe is about 2-3 hours away, that's also a "10".  Just say the word!  :)

Yeah, but they ruin luggage all the time.  Last time I took them, it looked like someone had been beating on my suitcase with a free-floating cloud of jagged obsidian, and someone animated half my shirts.  They nearly strangled me when I opened the suitcase.  And the folks on the complaint line just began laughing maniacally and hung up when I tried to get a refund.

Offline X-Coeranys/WD (Greg)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 4
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2009, 05:07:42 AM »
I bet I have the warmest summer among all of the players...Maybe only Iasonas can match with me :P

OK, so I guess we ARE having a heat wave... Yesterday's Official High Temperature in Vacaville, California (my home) was 112F!
William Deaulen
Baron of Coeranys
Count of Caudraight

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2009, 02:17:53 PM »

OK, so I guess we ARE having a heat wave... Yesterday's Official High Temperature in Vacaville, California (my home) was 112F!

Thats.. 45 degrees celcius in the measurements of civilized people. Thats huge!  ;D
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2009, 06:47:12 PM »
Anything past 35 and its not fun anymore...
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Tuornen/LF (Geir)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • Laela Flaertes, Duchess of Tuornen
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2009, 07:22:13 PM »

Bjorn, now its bad, there is no rain in Bergen. Not for days!! Who's got the Sources and Temples around here anyway? I'm suspecting foul play...
Laela Flaertes, By the Grace of Haelyn Duchess of Tuornen

- Geir
Tuornen / LF

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2009, 11:59:35 AM »

Bjorn, now its bad, there is no rain in Bergen. Not for days!! Who's got the Sources and Temples around here anyway? I'm suspecting foul play...

Its the other way around... the the lack of Faith and rampant pollution that is the cause. The ancient blessings and protections have dissipated and dissolved in front of the barrage of anti-divine and anti-arcane beliefs spreading among the people.

Armageddon is imminent! Repent ye Sinners!!  ;D

P.S. In the coming floods, I'm moving to Norway btw. I'll stake out some old mine and plot my scheme for world domination.