Author Topic: MIRROR - To see the Obelisk of Thenial  (Read 46931 times)

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
Re: MIRROR - To see the Obelisk of Thenial
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2009, 10:51:23 PM »
Well, seeing as how you're expected to marry the couple, the ceremony will have to wait for you, eh ;)

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2009, 10:59:40 PM »
Yes but it might not be that smart since there is allready a huge amount of issues with that weding.

1 Bonus Regent and 3 Regent Actions done over 3 monts.

Now if I do an adventure action as first action does Wallac himself think he can get back in time (yes Wallacs evaluation may be wrongl)
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

• Sovereign
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2009, 06:57:04 AM »
ok. please use lachlan. He is very high level Fighter/sorcerer/eldritch knight and should be able to create a very convincing illusion or two. Bear also in mind the Shadow World seems to increase the power of illusion magic and enchantment
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2009, 08:13:46 AM »
Your actions "order" does not mean that is how they are exceuted chronologically.
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-ETN/Maire Cwyllmie (Libor)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 12
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2009, 09:38:58 AM »
You have to make a decision:

1. Try to make your way by sea. Unknown hazards.
2. Make your way north through the woods. Warned about spirits.
3. Head south into the wastelands. SHould be fewer hazards, but the trip might get awfully long.

1) No means to built reliable vessel. And those Masetians bastards didn't leave any ships behind for us  :D
2) We are protected to some degree (Protection from Shadow), but if the spirits are too strong/many/aggressive, someone probably won't make it.
3) Obvious choice, wouldn't you pay 1 action for your life?   ;)

• Sovereign
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2009, 09:42:21 AM »
Yes I would not mind to pay one extra action to increase the chances my regent survive; you put it in the right perspective.

Bear in mind though that we don't know if there are few hazards "Should be fewer hazards" nor if we survive but I concur it seems to increase chance for survival  :)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 09:49:44 AM by IHH/Pontiff Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2009, 11:13:57 AM »
ok. please use lachlan. He is very high level Fighter/sorcerer/eldritch knight and should be able to create a very convincing illusion or two. Bear also in mind the Shadow World seems to increase the power of illusion magic and enchantment

Sidhe are best with magic of the illusion/enchantment type, as well as other subtle spells. They do not frequently utilize necromancy, evocation or conjuration spells.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-ETN/Maire Cwyllmie (Libor)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 12
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2009, 03:21:44 PM »
"Governor we may need some sort of reason as to why lady Faieme is unguarded - perhaps an illusion of more than simply her being unguarded? My friend, Lachlan, will do as you ask of him"

For example all others watching curiously the show in the village can be the "reason" Faieme is unguarded.
Then Mark can start assain's obsidian chainsaw and get him to do his job.  ;D

Offline X-Mieres & SAS/AV (Mark)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 15
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2009, 05:09:15 PM »
I'm not actually sure what level Lachan is and what spells he has available to him.

I'm thinking uses of Persistent Image / Invisibility / Invisibility Sphere / or even Programmed / Permanent image if high enough level.
Every man has a price he will willingly accept, even for what he hoped never to sell. 

• Sovereign
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2009, 06:51:39 PM »
The Governor instructs Lachlan that they will require three separate illusions if such is possible.

Firstly they require to move Faieme away from her current location and secret her somewhere else without being seen while maintaining the illusion she is still there, "live bait" the Governor points out, is not something he believes Faieme would sign up for.

Second, they need to have some guards nearby to the illusion, not visible to the human eye who can grab the assassin as soon as he makes his move.

Thirdly, the Governor suggests an illusion of some grotesque monstrosity arising from the sea to attack the group.  This would give them the perfect  excuse to move the guards away from Faieme as the men would be ordered to line up near the village to defend leaving Faieme alone in the rear. 

Is Lachlan capable of these feats, does she require aid from Shauna or others?

Bjørn: Prior to Marks above quotet post I send you a mail named "RoE II: Adventure #63, Obelisk of Thenial, question about LL". For all I care feel free to simply interact with Marks post instead of considering said mail  :)

Mark: I like the concept of your plan and especially the third part. If Bjørn gives me permission to go ahead I will gladly make Lachlan interact as the Governor has asked him to though I rather not use specific spell descriptions but focus more on the effects. If Bjørn think it is better he make Lachlan action he is welcome to do it.

Libor/ETN
: You idea with watching the show in the village is a god one but for the fact it will call for a ret-con and time-loops is, as I understand it, best to be avoided or at least made by the DM's. The village show is allready over and done so we need something else to distract.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 07:00:56 PM by IHH/Pontiff Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »

Offline X-Mieres & SAS/AV (Mark)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 15
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2009, 07:14:42 PM »
All this planning has clearly spooked the assassin...he is reported as missing...probably left the group when you were in the village. Too bad.

Oeberon thinks he must have gone north. LL is inclined to agree.

AH CRAP!
Every man has a price he will willingly accept, even for what he hoped never to sell. 

• Sovereign
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2009, 07:15:40 PM »
All this planning has clearly spooked the assassin...he is reported as missing...probably left the group when you were in the village. Too bad.

Oeberon thinks he must have gone north. LL is inclined to agree.

So, once again, what are you going to do?

Quite a feat since the Governor knew who he is. This must surely be a man of great resources. Mark want us to pursue him.

Wallac, considering his old master Martin Royce recently got murdered, support attempting to go after the vile assassin

• Sovereign
« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2009, 07:19:49 PM »
Tracking a lone assassin would be impossible with such a large party of yours. He even has a head start. A small group of foresters and such COULD have a chance of catching him.

No way am I going to support splitting up in the Shadow World - that surely would mean doom to us all

Offline X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 22
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2009, 07:20:34 PM »
Well, consider that this assassin must've been aware that his cover might be blown, ever since the obsidian shard/dagger was pulled from the body of the intended victim.

Frankly when I think about it, I'm surprised he didn't attempt to get away before.  ;)

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2009, 07:29:03 PM »
Could someone pleas explain to me why you needed like five major gatherings and a lot of planning to seize an assassin you already knew who were? When Faieme survived he must have had reason for concern, when she was guarded even more so...come on people...
DM Bjørn