Author Topic: Grand Conclave OOC  (Read 9375 times)

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
Grand Conclave OOC
« on: May 07, 2009, 10:22:43 PM »
[OoC: Bjørn for all I care you can decide what we vote about - what I really care about is NOT seeing the Grand Conclave to be unfinished because of real life time constrains; I wish not to first to decide about who is Pontiff and then the CoT in chaos because half think its Pontiff for 2 years and the other half that it is for what reamains of the 2 years of Royce's election; why elect a pontiff for such a short time?

Basicly I think its best to have that established first

Please note I do not object against May 24th as deadline for new DO - I try to adjust to it]
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-LPA/Gaerred Khaiarén (Gray)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • High Hierophant Gaerred Khaiarén
Re: Grand Conclave OOC
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 10:30:37 PM »
Hunh?

• Sovereign
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 11:07:09 PM »
Would LPA please consider to vote; for, against or abstein
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

• Sovereign
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 11:13:02 PM »

Would ETN also please consider to vote; for, against or abstein?

Offline X-ETN/Maire Cwyllmie (Libor)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 12
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 11:27:58 PM »
I really think the question in the vote is not formulated very well. Such vote won't make anything clear. It will just cause more chaos.

• Sovereign
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 11:33:47 PM »
Then perhaps vote against?

My real problem is CoT is, to me at least, not very clear to begin with.

Feel free to come up with an alternative wording in the Ooc thread - if I like it I can substitute it for the one I put up to vote since noone has yet voted.

Alternatively Bjørn to set what we vote for since we have only 17 days to wrap it all up and the CoT also should ideally also get to formulate some kind of policy before the session ends.

The thing that everyone seems to be able to high jack each and every vote last session does not exactly make me want to freaking wish to keep the office
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 11:57:44 PM by IHH/Pontiff Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »

Offline X-Osoerde (Alan)

• The Dragon
  • Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 01:45:32 AM »
And the CoT shouldn't be clear...

You should be wheeling and dealing in the background -- ensuring that BEFORE you call a vote you KNOW the outcome.

You should be looking to expand you 'authority' and when you are called out on it, you should hide behind the 'lack of clarity' in the charter of the CoT.

The Pontiff is an AWESOMELY powerful position -- it just requires you to be subtle.
Yes, wyrmling, the meat is made all the more tender by armor...

• Sovereign
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 07:35:50 AM »
True but for the kind of character Wallac is with his morale and allignment restrictions. He is not one to hide behind unclarity.

Besides since we have 17 days and the emails have been closed up to now I decided to stuff upfront since we have very little time.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 08:51:04 AM »
[OoC: Bjørn for all I care you can decide what we vote about - what I really care about is NOT seeing the Grand Conclave to be unfinished because of real life time constrains; I wish not to first to decide about who is Pontiff and then the CoT in chaos because half think its Pontiff for 2 years and the other half that it is for what reamains of the 2 years of Royce's election; why elect a pontiff for such a short time?

Basicly I think its best to have that established first

Please note I do not object against May 24th as deadline for new DO - I try to adjust to it]

I did not OOC, understand what was being voted over; 2 years for the IHH as Pontiff or 2 years for Wallac. Big difference.
DM Bjørn

• Sovereign
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2009, 08:36:28 PM »
Well it was 2 years for whatever domain that gets to be pontiff. I had not thought that it would be understood exclusively for either IHH or Wallac. It was not intended to.

So if HA gets to supply CoT with the next Pontiff there should be 2 years in office

Offline X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 22
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2009, 09:56:54 AM »
Thing is, as I read it, what we're voting for is that "baring extraordinarie" issues the pontiff is to remain in seat *no matter what*.

I'm not out to get you, or anything... it just seems like a pointless vote.

As it is, a new pontiff is chosen at each non-special grand conclave (ie. each two years). To remove the pontiff from office would require 2/3rds of the votes.

If this vote goes through, a pontiff is elected for a two year period at a time. To remove him from office would *still* require 2/3rds of the votes... only this time the Pontiff cannot abdicate (unless that's one of the extraordinary things?)

This is more or less how I percieve this... Feel free to correct me, if I am wrong!

• Sovereign
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2009, 10:45:26 AM »
Thorsten that is your interpretation and I happens to disagree with you.

• Sovereign
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2009, 09:48:32 AM »
Once more how many GB did CoT has to spend for having the Grand Conclave?

I can come up with a number by myself if the DM's want me to  ::)

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2009, 10:51:38 AM »
Once more how many GB did CoT has to spend for having the Grand Conclave?

I can come up with a number by myself if the DM's want me to  ::)

We'll say 1GB + 1GB per faction (incl. the unaligned); that is 7GBs total.
DM Bjørn

• Sovereign
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2009, 11:57:17 AM »
Thanks.

I regard to CoT I ask for another boon from the DM's - IHH DO will likely have to be turned in next friday, May 22nd, as I leave for extended weekend.

Assuming the Grand Conclave still have issues not finished the DM's should feel free to take control over Wallac/IHH where needed