Author Topic: The Vampires of Ansien, Elinie  (Read 35388 times)

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
Re: The Vampires of Ansien, Elinie
« Reply #105 on: March 26, 2009, 09:59:57 PM »
"Indeed." Rashid confirms, with a grim smile he hefts his sword and starts towards the mausoleum.

"No time like the present."; he mutters to himself, appearantly filled with a grim determination to see this through. After all, staying here is not an option.
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #106 on: March 26, 2009, 10:34:43 PM »
"Let us hope that the desperate horde was the last of her servants, and finish this now - left unharmed Adaliz will weave her web but the darker until there is no tearing it."  Dropping his mangled shield Robhan cinches his armour and hefts his sword, battered but undaunted.  "Lead on your grace, by Haelyn's Grace we will see victory - and freedom from this gloom - yet."

Patting Bjorn on the shoulder as he passed the High Marshal said "be wary my friend - our enemy is skilled at illusion, the High Hierophant is likely to appear far from friendly when we see her.  But be of courage, this battle is surely almost done"

Marching on at the Patriarch's side Robhan kept silent of his true concern, the Patriarch had mentioned nothing of Adaliz fell into darkness, but Robhan doubted she had fallen so far without aid...
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

Offline X-Mhoried/Droene Kavarra (Iasonas)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 3
  • The Mhor, Droene Kavarra
« Reply #107 on: March 26, 2009, 10:54:04 PM »
Bjorn rises reluctantly. The fatigue has not entirely left his body, but he appears once again ready to wreak havoc on the shadow spawn. He is certainly concerned about the figure on the roof. No matter how hard he tries, he cannot find any reason why someone might be helping them from inside the building, unless he is not helping them, but leading them on a trap.

"We have to keep our eyes open." he says, concern apparent on his face. "I do not like this, I do not like this at all" he thinks, but does not voice it. He tests his wrist, swinging the claymore absentmindedly, and once he is satisfied with his grip on the weapon, he looks intensely at the mausoleum. He starts moving towards the others, taking a good look of the surroundings.

[OOC: Takes Move Silently and Hide in Shadows checks, however he does not wish to be left behind. Apply whatever penalty might seem reasonable. He also tries to Spot anything unusual ahead of them.]

[edit: a few typos]
Droene Kavarra.
The Mhor.
The land is inherited,
The respect is earned.

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #108 on: March 26, 2009, 11:04:46 PM »
"Nor do I Bjorn, nor do I - but we must move with haste before any more denizens of this realm come along - the next bunch may not be frie," Robhan pauses, "be enemies of our enemies..."
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

Offline X-Osoerde (Alan)

• The Dragon
  • Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
« Reply #109 on: March 26, 2009, 11:28:08 PM »
"There is no other path but forward," Gaerred says. Naire looks to Gaerred, "Death goes there, Hierophant. Death and Darkness."
Yes, wyrmling, the meat is made all the more tender by armor...

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #110 on: March 27, 2009, 08:24:40 AM »
OOC: I'm assuming that the Osoerde post, was, in fact, an LPA post.

After a brief rest to regain your breath and quench your thirst - you find fresh enough water outside - you press on.

You enter the mausoleum - somehow you're not overly surprised when a stair lead down into the dark, connecting to a vast underground labyrinth of chambers and corridors....

There are a few enemies left, but they are not numerous, nor well coordinated. You deal with them as they appear, and fear them not.

You are drawn forward by a malevolent presence, and cannot fail to find their lair of the beast...a large vaulted chamber, containing seven stone sarcophagi; only one of them is closed.

Adaliz is there, as is one other vampire, presumably the one who fought the High Hierophant...and Medhlorie.

Now is a good time to come up with cunning plans and/or exchange words with the enemy...
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Points East

• Grand-Maester of the P&H
  • Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 15
« Reply #111 on: March 27, 2009, 10:03:50 AM »

IC:

"You know why I am come, Ariadne", says Elamien, taking a couple of steps forward from her companions and possibly drawing some level of focus away from them.  "In fact, you probably know why each of us is come:  to see that hideous head removed from the cold corpse, which you style your body.  My very skin crawls with the thought of touching your unholy frame; yet I will revel in such contact, if it will mean the end of you and all, that you represent. . . . If your master be in yonder coffin, then I suggest that you wake him:  for you can not hope to escape your approaching demise, alone. . . ."  Elamien seems to have a certain presence, as she speaks, although its effect upon the vampires may well be nonexistent. . . .

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #112 on: March 27, 2009, 10:05:28 AM »
The Patriarch steps to the front, brandishing the Sun Sword before him. He does not attack however, but speaks to Adaliz; "Repent now sister, and there may be hope for your immortal soul. Tell us what you know of Manethander.

Did you go to him? - Or did he corrupt you?

Did you try to end him?"

He moves to the right of Elamien, the vampires will have to be open to a flank attack if they face either.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 10:07:46 AM by Elinie/RiD (Niels) »
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-LPA/Gaerred Khaiarén (Gray)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • High Hierophant Gaerred Khaiarén
« Reply #113 on: March 27, 2009, 12:20:16 PM »
"There is no other path but forward," Gaerred says. Naire looks to Gaerred, "Death goes there, Hierophant. Death and Darkness."
OOC: Used Harvey's computer to checks posts while mine was doing some updating.virus checking...should have logged him out...

Offline X-LPA/Gaerred Khaiarén (Gray)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • High Hierophant Gaerred Khaiarén
« Reply #114 on: March 27, 2009, 12:34:51 PM »
OOC: I have an idea.

Gaerred, is probably currently the most powerful, full-cleric left.  What if all who were capable used 'aid another' with Gaerred, while he used Turn Undead and the Sun Domain?  Naire, Robhan, and the Patriarch could all aid a +2 to the Turn Attempt. Naire can used Eagle's Splendor on Gaerred to increase his CHA??  It have an effect (and at least makes for a good story?)

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #115 on: March 27, 2009, 12:41:00 PM »
OOC: I have an idea.

Gaerred, is probably currently the most powerful, full-cleric left.  What if all who were capable used 'aid another' with Gaerred, while he used Turn Undead and the Sun Domain?  Naire, Robhan, and the Patriarch could all aid a +2 to the Turn Attempt. Naire can used Eagle's Splendor on Gaerred to increase his CHA??  It have an effect (and at least makes for a good story?)

A very nice idea.
DM Bjørn

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #116 on: March 27, 2009, 01:10:05 PM »
Rashid, still awaiting some kind of reply of even a hostile hiss from Adaliz, moves one hand behind his back, giving three fingers as the count for the previously prepared agreement to mass-turn undead with Gaerrad as the focus.

Rashid taking the right flank, Gaerrad in the middle protected by Elamien, the High Marshal on the left.

Naire in the rear. Like rays from the Sun centered on Gaerrad; is Rashid, Robahn and Naire.

Leaving Bjorn to protect Maester Kaleiman when he unleash any final spells he may have prepared.

When there is no reply from Adaliz, Rashid reduces to two fingers...
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 01:14:10 PM by Elinie/RiD (Niels) »

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #117 on: March 27, 2009, 01:43:25 PM »
OOC. Anyone else before the final conversation/clash?
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Mhoried/Droene Kavarra (Iasonas)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 3
  • The Mhor, Droene Kavarra
« Reply #118 on: March 27, 2009, 06:35:42 PM »
[OOC: I hope I made it in time. I am currently away from home...]

Bjorn says in a booming voice:

"I on the other hand am not here for revenge, or salvation or anything noble. I am here because I consider you and your kind a challenge I have to face", he smirks, and continues:

"I hope you corpses will provide me with the entertainment I expect", he says and laughs. He tries to avert the vampires' attention from the spellcasters, and turn it on him. In addition he tries to focus on the battle ahead, his senses entering the special state of complete awareness only a veteran can approach. His laugh has now vanished, an inviting and challenging grin taking its place.

[OOC: If the battle begins, Bjorn tries to enter a battlefrenzy - berserk state - and use his blood ability. I hope I will be able to post once again before events get out of hand :)]
Droene Kavarra.
The Mhor.
The land is inherited,
The respect is earned.

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #119 on: March 27, 2009, 06:37:11 PM »
Reduce to 1 finger. Action imminent.