Author Topic: Adventure #67 - To reach the other side (the Bonds...continuation)  (Read 42441 times)

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
Re: Adventure #67 - To reach the other side (the Bonds...continuation)
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2010, 01:20:56 AM »
"I have a feeling a few of you hold back on things best not to keep from me or do you fear the justice of Haelyn and the vengeance of the Lady?"

"Here we are at the very test of our being and yet we bring with us our own fears or even worse!"

"I beseech you speak up or be forever silent. Now is not the time to test my patience. I have no rack but I have other means and if I must the means at disposal will get to bear right here and right now"
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 01:27:20 AM by IHH/Pontiff Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2010, 01:24:14 AM »
Rashid visibly relaxes, once he senses that no one is about to do anything rash.

He then address the Baron of Southhold; "Then you better enlighten me, on what can be more critical than my wife possibly being infected with taint."
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

• Sovereign
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2010, 01:32:13 AM »
And here it is the Patriach is wrong. Wallac require some quick answers or stuff will begin to happen real fast.

"Well what part in 'Now is not the time to test my patience' was unclear?"

Lachlan with complete calm move to stand next to Wallac

"What is it with your wife? Did the High Hierophant speaks the truth about Bloodtheft? Quickly we have not much time standing here. Dont elaborate but to the points."
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 01:37:22 AM by IHH/Pontiff Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2010, 01:44:39 AM »
"Your Holiness, the final blow to Adaliz the Vampire was indeed through the heart. There are but two ways to slay a vampire, by staking or decapitation, and as Elamien was wielding a rapier it would be rather difficult for her to take off the head!"

"At the time, I did not know that the bloodline had been preserved into undeath. The intent was never the theft. Such base desires are not something either I or my wife suffers from."

"The worry is, knowing what we do now, that part of the taint may or may not have traveled into Elamien. Some connection that is not full taint, or nothing at all."

"I have been with Elamien for months," Rashid finds Elamiens eyes and hold them with his. "and I have found no reason to mistrust her."

"If you feel you are fully up to speed, perhaps the Baron could speak next?"
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2010, 02:00:33 AM »
Tristan looks to Elamien, but she remains silent, watching him challengingly.  He sighs again.  "Patriarch, your wife is not bound as a ghoul, else she would have been discovered long since.  But neither is she untouched by the Shadow.  For there is another being who travels with her, and whispers in her ear, and I know not whether she uses it...

... or it her."

• Sovereign
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2010, 02:06:43 AM »
Turning to Tristan the fire in his eyes diminishing as he remembers the Barons great sorrow

"And the obvious question would be what other being, apparently of the shadow, travels with her and how do you know?”

Not forgetting the Patriarch Wallac quickly continue asking and before Tristan get a chance to reply.

“And Your Grace will kindly answer the Barons unspoken question too as soon the Baron have replied”

« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 02:12:44 AM by IHH/Pontiff Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2010, 02:09:07 AM »
The baron ignores the Pontiff completely.  He only looks at the guildmistress - gently, almost sadly.  "Elamien?"

Offline X-Points East

• Grand-Maester of the P&H
  • Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 15
« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2010, 02:56:34 AM »

IC:

Elamien studies the Baron of South Hold for several seconds before replying, nodding her head slowly and biting the inside of her lower lip, ever so softly, in apparent thought.  Then, says she, "If you would listen to a whisper, Guildmaster, then I shall reveal it:  believe not a thing, which you hear in this place.  For falsehood is strong, in the Shadow; and none of us ought to believe any word, from the mouth of an other, until the daylight has reminded us of truth.  And there is more", she adds, pausing for a moment; then concluding in a whisper:  "tarry not; for the hour is late."

• Sovereign
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2010, 03:00:24 AM »
Wallac ignoring Elamien in turn speaks again

“Do not ignore me Baron Bellamie. These matters are of grave importance and it was not be who brought it up of all places down here. Ignoring me will bring us nowhere. I ask not to spite nor to find out where to put the blame but to get ready for striking into the heart of darkness. She either can not or will not answer those questions now. Wether or not you are right in your assumptions I need to and want to hear what it is!”

Ignoring Wallac is not an option which will only too soon become apparent. Righteous fury simmers under the apparent calm. IHH may not be the monsters of Haelyn, OIT, but they do have an inqusition..
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 03:06:22 AM by IHH/Pontiff Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2010, 03:04:14 AM »
Tristan looks at Elamien for a long moment, then smiles crookedly and without humor.  "I see.  True enough for now."  He looks over at Wallac.  "Pontiff, you yourself gave me entry into the Heart's libraries to learn of the Shadow and how it might be fought.  Discovering its passage and presence was the first purpose I set myself to, else I should be of no value whatsoever to your quests.  As for her companion, inquire of her if you must.  For the moment, I am satisfied of its safety."
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 03:06:15 AM by Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby) »

• Sovereign
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2010, 03:09:58 AM »
"I asked you and reply you will or so help me the All Father"

Drawing his sword for the first time Wallac steps closer to Tristan justice of the true believe burning in his eyes.

"THIS IS THE LAST TIME I SHALL ASK"

Gone is what remnisens of stealth there was. Only furious anger remains [OoC Divine Wrath Major + Divine Aura Major]

Offline X-Points East

• Grand-Maester of the P&H
  • Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 15
« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2010, 03:41:29 AM »

IC:

Not unaware of the actions of the Pontiff or the tone of his voice, Elamien cautiously circles away from Wallac and the Baron, around the party, toward the door, which the Patriarch opened some minutes ago.

"Rashid", she states, on her way, "you must stop him; or we must leave Tristan to fend for himself.  There is no time for this!"

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2010, 04:00:53 AM »
Rashid nods, then whispers, barely audible but enough for the elf to hear. "Lachlan, your friend needs you now. Calm him or all may be lost."

He then backs to the door, waving the old Marshal in after Elamien and waits to see if Tristan can evade the irate Pontiff.

• Sovereign
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2010, 07:26:55 AM »
Thoughts running through Lachlan’s head since the first veiled hints start flowing through the air.

First they have hinted things and danced around the real issue nobody wanting to speak it out first but neither wanting to let the others avoid the issue. Then they stop being just throwing hints about the real issue but actually speak it straight and when the matter becomes revealed, that the thing is Elamien stabbed the sister of of the Patriarch through the heart - that she absorbed that vile creatures bloodline they suddenly want to speak no more.

Baron Bellamie knows something and he seems not to have forgotten entirely who assisted him by giving lessons in shadow lore. Lessons given a little more than a year ago. The Baron should be aware that Wallac knows things. That Elamien and her answers is not really helpful given her situation – the Pontiff needs to know what Bellamie by coincidence or research have become aware of. These answers he need before they can find out how to best deal with Elamien.

Then Elamien begin to circle away, leaving and the Patriarch clearly blind with love speaks to distract. Words that are ignored. Oh yes Wallac need his friend and Lachlan is ready to act though not as the blinded Patriarch seems to hope.

“Lady please stop where you are. While the Pontiff indeed requires some answers from the Baron we are not going to ignore you entirely. This is not a matter of putting you on the rack which clearly some of those present seems to think but you will please desist leaving before we can find out what meaning this have”

Lachlan moves a little toward Elamien and motions for her to stop.

[OoC: This really is going too far. I suggest we take a break until Bjørn takes action one way or the other]

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2010, 11:12:41 AM »
A wide door further down the hall opens and a man in the traditional garb of a Khinasi freedman emerges. He stops to watch your little argument, then speaks, in heavily accented Anuirean:

"Lords, ladies. This is most unbecoming. The master is expecting you. Please join him."

You can't see the room from which he emerged, but you hear the sounds of laughter and music, and the scents of fine foods and good drink.

It feels unreasonably not to agree to his request - you are, after all, misbehaving like little children.
DM Bjørn