Author Topic: Player presentation  (Read 37806 times)

Offline X-SASI/Orthien Tane (Rune)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 12
  • Maester Orthien Tane
Re: The Living UNDEAD
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2008, 12:21:40 PM »
1.  Your dead.

Not quite.  Cancer, it turns out, is only a CR 14 critter (unlike Eidolons & the Eyeless One).  I am quite alive -- a little banged up -- but still my awesome chipper self.

2.  You've been spending time at the strip clubs, sipping cognac  and partaking of an widely illegal herb.

I wish that were the case.  Life has been a bit traumatic -- with a lot of upheaval.  As a side note, life, for once, oddly acted like RoE (NEW PLAYER HINT FOLLOWS)-- kicking you while your down (and if one is smart, never stopping).

But, I am scrappy and stood up.

3. I didn't miss yall.

Sadly no.  Definitely missed all of you -- and finally pleased that my life is getting back in order.

4.  We didn't miss you.

Yeah, right. ;)

Very happy to hear you're ok Alan. I'd only heard rumors from Bjørn and those were a bit scary.

For those of you who joined during the later stages of RoE 1 when I got a bit silent due to a overly hectic life, me and Harvey/Alan go "a long way back" in RoE terms. I guess he was my favorite and most annoying player packed into one "cute" package, as Bjørn put it. I blame Alan personally for a solid portion of my gray hair - I'll post a picture some time to show you guys what a few turns of diplomacy with Alan can do to a 29-year old guy...

Anyway, I registered basically to say hi to Alan. Even mentioned that RoE 2 would be starting up, I haven't checked the RoE 1 forum in ages so I had no idea this community was still alive. Right now I won't apply for a domain. I will, however, have a look at the available domains and do a bit of soul-searching to see if I have the time/motivation to tackle the verbal masturbation that is your "diplomatic" emails  ;D. There is still a few blonde hairs left on my head, so I might still have some fighting spirit in me...

Good to see that so many of you are still here though!

P.S. I see Alan is listed as a landed regent, any temples open in his area? I feel it's payback-time   :-*

I'm Bjorn's younger brother, but, due to my maturity and gravitas, some people naturally assume I'm the elder. I currently reside in Edinburgh, capital of Scotland, Athens of the North, and generally the town that must have the most dog shit on the streets.

Since when?
Orthien Tane, Maester of Southern Anuire Shipping and Imports

Offline X-Roesone/ARR (Robert)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 18
  • Arvour Raemel, Baron of Roesone
Re: Player presentation
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2008, 12:35:08 PM »
Hey Rune, wave from your regent snatcher  ::)

The only temple in Harvey's area that's still available is LPA. IHH (in conflict with Osoerde) and ETN (in conflict with Osoerde LOL) have both been taken, so you could actually play the only temple NOT in conflict with him... and then turn it around and joing the gang bang  ;D

BTW, any chance you could send some of your experiences and suggestions with regards to Aruvor my way? Nothing, much, just a 50 page summary of his life, feelings, expectations, emotional issues etc  8)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 12:55:30 PM by Roesone/ARR (Robert) »
Arvour Raemel, by the Grace of Haelyn Baron of Roesone etc, Champion of Cuiraecen

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2008, 12:51:42 PM »
The MOC could also qualify; they have holdings in Bhalaene and eastern Osoerde. They are big and mean...
DM Bjørn

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2008, 12:57:04 PM »
The MOC could also qualify; they have holdings in Bhalaene and eastern Osoerde. They are big and mean...

Ah, yes, I forgot the MOC and their cuddly leader Darth Adolf Saddam Khomeini "That's Mr. Death to you" Bates I.*

*name used by Roger Moore for Gavin Tael in Birthright Playtest :)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 12:59:35 PM by Roesone/ARR (Robert) »
Arvour Raemel, by the Grace of Haelyn Baron of Roesone etc, Champion of Cuiraecen

Offline X-MOC/Leman States (Even)

• Ser Engineer
  • Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 16
  • Patriarch Leman States
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2008, 02:22:16 PM »
Hi all.

I'm Even, and I used to play Diemed at the start of the game, but then moved over to co-DMing the game with Bjorn. That gave me more scope for tormenting the other players than just Rune.

I'm Bjorn's younger brother, but, due to my maturity and gravitas, some people naturally assume I'm the elder. I currently reside in Edinburgh, capital of Scotland, Athens of the North, and generally the town that must have the most dog shit on the streets.

I'm hoping to pick up some domain and join the game. Unfortunately my access time to mail is pretty limited these days.

Have fun, and go get those Orogs!!!
Cheers,
E

Perhaps a domain that doesn't interact too much would be appropriate? Like an orog domain :)

You all heard him! I get to play a non-human domain!!!  :P
"We are RuinsofEmpire now, and when we act, we create our own reality."

Offline X-Ghieste & HOT/GH (Matt)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 38
  • Duke Ghorien Hiriele of Ghieste, Guilder of H/OT
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2008, 02:24:19 PM »
Hi Even, long time no beer!
His Grace Ghorien Hiriele,
Duke of Ghieste,
Grand-Maester of the Highland/Overland Traders,
Viscount of Whyrthe.
Down Right Evil Bastard!

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2008, 02:26:16 PM »
You all heard him! I get to play a non-human domain!!!  :P

There goes Bjorn's integrity.... downed by his kid brother ;D

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2008, 03:10:02 PM »
Ahem, I never claimed to have any integrity in the first place...as Matt well knows I'm partial to some good Rioja - PM me and I'll send my address. I accept bribes by the case only...
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Osoerde (Alan)

• The Dragon
  • Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
Re: The Living UNDEAD
« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2008, 04:57:45 PM »
Very happy to hear you're ok Alan. I'd only heard rumors from Bjørn and those were a bit scary.

For those of you who joined during the later stages of RoE 1 when I got a bit silent due to a overly hectic life, me and Harvey/Alan go "a long way back" in RoE terms. I guess he was my favorite and most annoying player packed into one "cute" package, as Bjørn put it. I blame Alan personally for a solid portion of my gray hair - I'll post a picture some time to show you guys what a few turns of diplomacy with Alan can do to a 29-year old guy...

Anyway, I registered basically to say hi to Alan. Even mentioned that RoE 2 would be starting up, I haven't checked the RoE 1 forum in ages so I had no idea this community was still alive. Right now I won't apply for a domain. I will, however, have a look at the available domains and do a bit of soul-searching to see if I have the time/motivation to tackle the verbal masturbation that is your "diplomatic" emails  ;D. There is still a few blonde hairs left on my head, so I might still have some fighting spirit in me...

Good to see that so many of you are still here though!

P.S. I see Alan is listed as a landed regent, any temples open in his area? I feel it's payback-time   :-*

LMAO.   RUNE!!  It has been a too long!

This is not fair -- the noobs are getting a bad, totally inaccurate, picture of me from old players! ;)  Diplomacy with me is a eurphoric ecstasy which leaves one blissfully god-like with the knowledge that that our correspondence could grant such utter eudaemonic existence.

I suddenly wish that I had more PC domains in Osoerde --though  I do have the IHH, ETN and Bobby to keep me occupied, I suppose.  And last time I saw Dimitris play the ETN, they were utterly insane -- more so than Gray even.
Yes, wyrmling, the meat is made all the more tender by armor...

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2008, 09:40:33 PM »
I imagine we can keep you from getting bored.  You're partly responsible for my breaking my previous opinion and staying with Tristan, you know - it would have been irresponsible for me to flit off to something else and leave some poor unsuspecting new guy to try and accomplish any kind of negotiation as Bellamie with you in less than 10,000 words.

Offline X-Tornilen/SM (John)

• Former players
  • Freeman
  • Regency: 4
  • Ex-Tornilen (SM)
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2008, 10:08:52 PM »
Ah, yes, I forgot the MOC and their cuddly leader Darth Adolf Saddam Khomeini "

Hey, that's my brother you're talking about there!

I can see that we are going to have  ... issues ... with our southern neighbours.  ;)
Formerly
Mary Tanar,
Duchess of Tornilen,
the Sword Mage of Anuire.

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2008, 10:44:39 PM »
Hey, that's my brother you're talking about there!

Really? Did Leman States die (already?) and make your brother leader of MOC?  :P

Or is futuresight just one of Sword Mage's many talens?

• Former players
  • Freeman
  • Ex-Tornilen (SM)
« Reply #72 on: September 29, 2008, 11:05:03 PM »
Right you are, my apologies.  Brother dearest is just heir-apparent, though naturally I have high hopes for him and full confidence in his abilities.

Leman won't live forever.  :)

Formerly
Mary Tanar,
Duchess of Tornilen,

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #73 on: September 29, 2008, 11:30:26 PM »
though naturally I have high hopes for him and full confidence in his abilities.

I hear he's got talent for business, too. Seems he's signed a distribution deal with "Slippery-Soaps-R-usTM." I'm sure he'll revolutionize the MOC with that :)

Would any sane person doubt an "ex-"Belinite in charge of the MOC? Of course not, such a notion is absurd to the extreme.

• Former players
  • Freeman
  • Ex-Tornilen (SM)
« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2008, 11:42:46 PM »
Would any sane person doubt an "ex-"Belinite in charge of the MOC? Of course not, such a notion is absurd to the extreme.

Not if they wanted to see old(er) age, they wouldn't. :D  I suspect brother-dearest knows how to use his weapon and has a rather low threshold for such insinuation.  He also has hundred of knigths of Cuiraecen who might take exception to people doubting the choice of Haelyn's Son in elevating said brother-dearest ...

lol, MOC could be fun to play. :)
Formerly
Mary Tanar,
Duchess of Tornilen,