Author Topic: Bloodtheft  (Read 6636 times)

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
Bloodtheft
« on: March 30, 2009, 02:38:33 PM »
How does blodtheft work besides killing the victim by stabbing through the heart?

Say blodtheft on a vampire with Major 35 => (35+34+33+...+3+2+1)RP = 630 RP spend immediately to incease blodline strength.

Say having Minor 25 => 25 RP to get to 26, 26 RP to get 27 etc,.. 42 RP to get to 43 in bloodline strength for a total spend of 603 wasting the last 27 RP of the 630 RP from the blodtheft.

EDIT: So a character with Minor 25 BS making blodtheft on a Major 35 BS gives the character a new BS of Major 43?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 03:03:53 PM by IHH/Pontiff Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Bloodtheft
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 02:50:32 PM »
Stab someone through the heart and get a slight increase in BS; you get more points if the victim has a much higher BS than you.

Stab him in the eye and you get nothing.
DM Bjørn

• Sovereign
Bloodtheft
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 03:00:20 PM »
So the mechanics I mentioned is only in my imagination? Not even close?

You get the same amount for transfering blodline as for blodtheft right? So simply get the exact same blodline if unbloded and a slight increase if bloded yes?

Are the modifier for ECL allready in use? Say I have a level 10 charater with major blodline his ECL will be +1 => 11?

His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
Bloodtheft
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 03:25:38 PM »
Commoner stabs scion = Ends up with a bloodline of around the strength said scion would get if he had a child with a commoner (i.e. BS/2 or so, maybe a little less)
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
Bloodtheft
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 08:42:53 PM »
Commoner stabs scion = Ends up with a bloodline of around the strength said scion would get if he had a child with a commoner (i.e. BS/2 or so, maybe a little less)

Hmm, so the murderous would-be king should start by slaughtering the kings bastards to become blooded, and only kill the father when all the sons have been slain assuming wastage is higher with a higher BLS differential...
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

Offline X-Roesone/ARR (Robert)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Arvour Raemel, Baron of Roesone
Bloodtheft
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 10:19:21 PM »
Provided that would be king had access to the bloodline rulebook, then yes  ;D
Arvour Raemel, by the Grace of Haelyn Baron of Roesone etc, Champion of Cuiraecen

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
Bloodtheft
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 11:32:51 PM »
Stab someone through the heart and get a slight increase in BS; you get more points if the victim has a much higher BS than you.

Stab him in the eye and you get nothing.

This is completely different than the standard BR rules. Do we just handwave it and you give a few BS points and normal regency boom is just gone?

As I remember it, the regency from bloodtheft does not use the normal 1xcurrent bs to see if you grow, it uses your max regency capacity pr. bs point.

So the 630 points would be added to current regency until you hit the 25*5=125 mark, then +1bs, then add 130 to 26 then 135 to 27, then 140 to 28, thats 530 regency spent, leaving 100 regency in the regency "bank" of the bloodthief.

If thats what you are doing, then yea, its just a couple of points. - But the whole boom thing for an eye stab is gone? - Here I think it was you filled the regency reserve of each person close to the blast, until you ran out of regency, so noone would immediately rise but gain a bonus to their stored regency.

Anyway, thats off the top of my head.
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
Bloodtheft
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 09:46:07 AM »
No idea where these rules come from. Definitely not the 2ed BR book. Some form of BRCS? In which case, read the RG - it clearly states that the BRCS is anathema.
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
Bloodtheft
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2009, 09:47:23 AM »
Btw: I might be mistaken, but I think this is the first time a PC regent has actually committed bloodtheft in the history of RoE...so it is not a very common occurrence.
DM Bjørn

• Sovereign
Bloodtheft
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2009, 11:57:15 AM »
No idea where these rules come from. Definitely not the 2ed BR book. Some form of BRCS? In which case, read the RG - it clearly states that the BRCS is anathema.

I assume you refer to Niels post. For what it is worth my guess work was based on Wiki combined with how you increase BS in RoE II by spending RP.

And yes it should be a rare thing to happen. Never the less I would be nice to know how it works if for nothing else curiousity; I cannot imagine IHH regent to commit blodtheft.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
Bloodtheft
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2009, 12:09:49 PM »
General guidelines:

Enemy Bloodline strength much lower than yours = 0 BS points
Enemy Bloodline strength lower than yours = 1 BS point
Enemy Bloodline strength equal to yours = 2 BS points
Enemy Bloodline strength greater than yours = 3 BS points
Enemy Bloodline strength much greater than yours = 4+ BS points
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Diemed/Carvaloen Diem (Sheldon)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 11
  • Carvaloen, Archduke Diemed
    • Urvaius: Chronicles of the Gold Knight
Re: Bloodtheft
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2009, 10:28:50 PM »
...What of Thighmaebhril? (or howerver it's spelled)

And who bloodthefted who?  PC's have never bloodthefted before in RoE!!! what about the 4 turns of non-agression?  My shock is compared to that of Lt. Lenina Huxley when she witnessed Simon Phoenix commit the first MDK that San Angeles has seen in decades. (ref. Demolition Man)  ;D
--Archduke Diemed

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2009, 10:59:58 PM »
...What of Thighmaebhril? (or howerver it's spelled)

And who bloodthefted who?  PC's have never bloodthefted before in RoE!!! what about the 4 turns of non-agression?  My shock is compared to that of Lt. Lenina Huxley when she witnessed Simon Phoenix commit the first MDK that San Angeles has seen in decades. (ref. Demolition Man)  ;D

Have a read of the vampires of Ensien thread, a certain somebody decided to commit bloodtheft on a vampire, thus opening their soul to the corruption of the devourer in darkness.

That said, I don't think that vampires come under the non-aggression pact, even when they are sisters of PCs...
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

Offline X-Diemed/Carvaloen Diem (Sheldon)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 11
  • Carvaloen, Archduke Diemed
    • Urvaius: Chronicles of the Gold Knight
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2009, 11:30:08 PM »
That was PC vs NPC though right?  I was under the impression from the reading here that it was PC vs PC.
--Archduke Diemed

• Sovereign
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2009, 11:55:42 PM »
The vampire in question indeed was the sister of the current ruler of Elien.

But was NPC to the best of my knowledge. Now very dead.

The bloodtheft was committed by a PC vs a NPC yes