Author Topic: Dawn at the Cathedral of Cuiraécen  (Read 26735 times)

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Re: Dawn at the Cathedral of Cuiraécen
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2009, 11:50:15 AM »
The barrier breaks down, people scream - wounded or not - and mill around in confusion. Someone, guardsmen or servants, strive to bring the wounded and the dying to safety...

...chaos reigns, but around the Green Knight a circle has cleared. None dare approach him...save baron Enlien, who has his full attention - incidentally allowing others to be save while the Knight is otherwise occupied. Well, good Enline would have been dead already, had not the Knight slowed down somewhat. Gone is the whirlwind of death, and now his silently stalks his prey.

Clang. Clang. Clang. The baron's left ear is half sheared of.

Clang. Clang. The Knights shield smack's into his foot, weakened by an old injury.

Clang. Clang. The baron armor saves his life, leaving him with a few broken ribs instead.

'Stoooooop. Everyone stooooooop.'

A bright light suddenly engulfs the arena as a thunderous voice carries over the noise. Even the Knight.

A lone figure, clad in simple robes, emerges from the crowd...he looks like...Pontiff Aurlien???
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Roesone/ARR (Robert)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 18
  • Arvour Raemel, Baron of Roesone
« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2009, 12:01:42 PM »
In all the commotion the baron of Roesone's guards lead by a grim looking captain encircle their fallen regent and the Swordmage and quickly drag the baron and usher the duchess of Tornilen to a relatively safe distance from the wild Green Knight and his ever growing number of opponents and victims.

Then, an elderly figure wearing the robes of the Stormlord approaches Arvour and begins chanting a prayer. It is in fact Leman States, the patriarch of the MOC, who sees to the baron's wounds. Afterwards he orders the guards not to move the baron too suddenly and then proceeds to check if the duchess needs to be seen to before proceeding to the maimed duke of Ghieste.

He utters a prayer to stop the bleeding from Hiriele's stump and orders one of his attendants to take the severed hand, carefully. "There is nothing we can do for your hand here. You must follow me and we'll see what can be done about it."

OOC: Leman States' intervention authorized by the DM.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 12:21:34 PM by Roesone/ARR (Robert) »
Arvour Raemel, by the Grace of Haelyn Baron of Roesone etc, Champion of Cuiraecen

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2009, 12:09:11 PM »
In the silence that follows you hear the thunder of hundreds of heavy boots marching to a beat. Several cohorts of the Imperial Legion are approaching, led by scores of the Chamberlain's knights.

The robed figure speaks:

"You fools! You win one battle, and you think the war over? The war will never be over."

With that the light flares even more brightly, and when it dies down the man is gone, disappeared into the fleeing crowd.
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2009, 12:13:33 PM »
The current Pontiff, Wallac Isilviere that is, is busy trying to save those that can be saved - injured guardsmen, trampled commoners; none are too low to receive his attention.

His work done, and the apparition of Aurlien gone, he strides to face the Knight, knowing that he must be stopped, lest more innocents become victims.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 12:33:47 PM by DM Jon »
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2009, 12:15:48 PM »
OOC: We'll halt here for a while, to let Alex/SM get a chance to respond. This is, after all, his thread - even if it somehow became very communal  :)

So feel free to make little posts, but nothing grand and sweeping until Alex is back.

And with that DM Bjørn logs out and will soon be heading for cold beer and REALLY EPIC BR gaming. DM Jon is in charge while I'm away - I'll be checking the forums once in a while, but don't count on me posting.

Thanks for a very good time btw  ;D
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
« Reply #80 on: March 12, 2009, 12:23:01 PM »
The Patriarch rallies at the rails, heals himself to stop bleeding, and speaks, his voice hoarse; "Guards, keep the commoners back, if you have powers of healing, use them to save the dying. Do not engage combatants!

Alycia, stay here with me, that stomach wound is not fully healed."
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 12:46:29 PM by Elinie/RiD (Niels) »
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
« Reply #81 on: March 12, 2009, 12:39:23 PM »
The Green Knight looks a complete mess, he's splattered by blood and gore. His breath is coming in ragged gulps, eyes dart wildly to one side and the other. It looks like the bright light burnt the divine wrath clear out of him, but it's clear enough he's still in total war mode.

Total confused war mode...

Offline X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 22
« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2009, 12:49:10 PM »
Lowering his swordtip to the ground and leaning on it, Kaven raises his right hand in a gesture of peace and pants slightly, blood seeping from his ear and colouring his blond hair a dark matted red. He nods to the Green Knight.

"Peace, Ser Estevan... Peace... I am bested and battered, and not afraid to admit it. Clearly, Haelyn saw fit to intervene through an intermediary, and for that I count my blessings."

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2009, 01:21:09 PM »
Striving to save the soul of Baron TsHalen Wallac Isilviere missed a lot of the chaos but the apparition of the old Pontiff Aurlien.

http://roe.twilightpeaks.net/forum/index.php?topic=463.msg4159#msg4159

Now however, he is very much aware

Hands empty the Pontiff steps to Ser Estavan

“By Divine Haelyn I implore you to stop the madness!"
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 01:28:07 PM by IHH/Pontiff Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Slide
« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2009, 01:44:34 PM »
The Green Knight first looks over Baron Enlien with a wild look in his eyes, then understanding creeps in and he mutters.

"Yes, good. Drop your weapon then. I shan't hurt you."

Then he looks suddenly slightly ... sane? As he sees your blood flowing.

"Kaven... Did I do that?"

Then the Pontiff intercedes. And Baron Tshalen stands next to the Pontiff.

"Yes Ser Estevan, the duel is over. I take my words of insult back and allow Haelyn's forgiveness to take hold. Put down your sword Estevan."

But the Green Knight doesn't put down his sword. In fact he wildly looks about himself in search of the Swordmage.

"You do not tell me when it is over! It is NOT over! WHERE IS SHE!? I MUST DEFEAT THEM ALL!"

Meanwhile the Chamberlain's legion is streaming into the plaza, surrounding the Green Knight and the few of you still standing. He's completely oblivious to them...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 01:47:12 PM by DM Jon »

Offline X-Tornilen/SM (Alexander)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Duchess Marya Tanar
« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2009, 01:46:33 PM »
It is a mess, an ungodly mess. While all has been occupied generally trying not to be killed, details are easily missed. The Swordmage has recovered her sword and is clutching her injured leg, but she is moving.

Waving of the attention of the Patriarch and the Baron of Roesone, she has been moving toward the edge of the duelling circle.

Reaching the edge of the circle, she turns toward the Green Knight and raises her voice, using some manner of sorcery to make her voice clearly cut through all the confusing.

"Sir Estevan, I yield!"

She steps over the edge of the circle, ending her participation in the duel and conceding.

"I hereby concede the right to Baron Tshalen to voice his accusations whereever and to whomever he pleases! It is over, let this end!"

Tired, she slumps, barely remaining on her feet. He faces is covered in lines of grime and sweat, blood flowing from her broken lip and a from other places beneath her robe. However, she seems determined not to fall down.

OOC: Bedlam! Chaos! I go away for a few hours and this happens!? Cool :P
Marya Tanar, The Sword Mage
Duchess and Mage of Tornilen

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Duchess Marya Tanar
« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2009, 01:49:52 PM »
As she spoke, she raised her sword high above her head. With her final words, she throws it down into the sand inside the circle.

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Slide
« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2009, 02:04:27 PM »
Ser Daulton doesn't look particularly happy with your surrender and he lifts his sword to advance on you. Now he's smiling again...

"You're delusional Marya, you can't surrender, you wouldn't! Your brother wouldn't! RAENECH WON'T! I MUST BE READY FOR HIM! SO COME! LET US FINISH THIS! PICK UP YOUR SWORD!"

But 300 of the Chamberlain's legionnairies surround him with tower shields, closing him in, throw nets on him, clobber him senseless, tie him up and drag him off to the dungeons.

Leaving the rest of you bloodied, wounded, bleeding and bereft on the sands of an arena where something happened that wasn't supposed to have happened. Baron Tshalen looks down in shame.

OoC: And THAT is how you defeat the Green Knight  ;D
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 02:37:17 PM by DM Jon »

Offline X-MOC/Leman States (Even)

• Ser Engineer
  • Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 16
  • Patriarch Leman States
« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2009, 02:23:55 PM »
As the commotion is dying down, somebody is starting to point up towards the balconies of the Cathedral. On one of them Auxiliary-Patriarch Tanar can be seen, standing with his arms crossed and a grim expression on his face. All he does is slowly shaking his head.
"We are RuinsofEmpire now, and when we act, we create our own reality."

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Duchess Marya Tanar
« Reply #89 on: March 12, 2009, 02:45:41 PM »
Striding from the edge of the circle, the Swordmage approaches Baron Arvour of Roesone. She glances at the Green Knight being dragged of, but she seems distracted - almost absentminded. Perhaps it is the loss of blood.

Halfway there she halts, looking down at her masked helmet lying in the sand. With a shrug she bends down and pick it up, then continue toward the Baron with it in her hand. Her sword is hanging by her side again, picked up after the Green Knight was attacked by the legionaires.

She steps in between the aides and bodyguards surrounding the Baron, then approaches him where he is being propped up by his men. He is standing, but is clearly still weakened by his wounds.

Bowing her head to him, she speaks. "Thank you, my lord, for saving my life. If you will still hear it, the answer to your proposal is yes." She looks up, catching his eyes. "We have both too much left to accomplish to die this day, or to leave the future unsafe. Besides, after a day like this, loneliness seems... wasteful."

She awaits his response.