Author Topic: End of game questions  (Read 26741 times)

Offline X-Mhoried/Constantine Mhor (Wiktor)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 8
Re: End of game questions
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2013, 09:44:09 PM »
A couple of questions:

1. Was Daen a scion of the Mhor's line?

2. What happened to the daughter of the old Mhor who went MIA?

1. As replied to in the chat: Yes. And a trueborn son. The young would-be-Mhor was married to his commoner love by a priest of Erik (can't trust those tree-huggers!)

2. Not entirely sure about this reference - do you have a name or something more?

Correction, she was a Kavarra daughter.

Your father’s firstborn was not you (Droene), but his precious daughter Deirdre (b. 1508). She disappeared in the Imperial City during the Sword & Crown in 1525 HC. She was visiting relative in the IC. Her body was never found, and all you investigations ended at the High prefect of the IHH being the last man to be seen with your daughter. Ten years have no gone by, and yet justice has not been done.
His Grace Constantine Mhor the Duke of Mhoried

Offline X-Mieres & SAS/AV (Mark)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 15
« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2013, 09:51:57 PM »
Here is a question, was that whole "crusade in the east" as big a distraction as I thought it was?
Every man has a price he will willingly accept, even for what he hoped never to sell. 

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2013, 10:13:10 PM »

OoC:

Gerad ibn Daouta and the daughter of Teried Riordian died in Osoeriene:  what was the story, in more detail?

I guess that could be the one he was looking for - it was the 'missing' part that had me confused.
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2013, 10:16:28 PM »
A couple of questions:

1. Was Daen a scion of the Mhor's line?

2. What happened to the daughter of the old Mhor who went MIA?

1. As replied to in the chat: Yes. And a trueborn son. The young would-be-Mhor was married to his commoner love by a priest of Erik (can't trust those tree-huggers!)

2. Not entirely sure about this reference - do you have a name or something more?

Correction, she was a Kavarra daughter.

Your father’s firstborn was not you (Droene), but his precious daughter Deirdre (b. 1508). She disappeared in the Imperial City during the Sword & Crown in 1525 HC. She was visiting relative in the IC. Her body was never found, and all you investigations ended at the High prefect of the IHH being the last man to be seen with your daughter. Ten years have no gone by, and yet justice has not been done.

She was killed by the Sworn Lovers (in RoE1), two fiendish mages working for Osoerde.
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #79 on: June 04, 2013, 10:18:59 PM »
Here is a question, was that whole "crusade in the east" as big a distraction as I thought it was?

That depends on how big you thought it was...

But yes, it was ultimately a distraction of sorts. A wonderful one though - promised to suck away much gold and manpower from Anuire.

I think it would have become one of the most exiting parts of the game had we continued - not a bad feat for a distraction!
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #80 on: June 04, 2013, 10:42:03 PM »

OoC:

Gerad ibn Daouta and the daughter of Teried Riordian died in Osoeriene:  what was the story, in more detail?

I guess that could be the one he was looking for - it was the 'missing' part that had me confused.

I'm sorry, but I don't recall the details. It's been too long. If you jog my memory I might recall...
DM Bjørn

Offline X-ETN/Maire Cwyllmie (Libor)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 12
« Reply #81 on: June 05, 2013, 11:07:15 AM »
1) Why did GH try to kill MC (twice, if I recall it correctly) and where did he get such an advanced technology/magic?

2) Was MC's father really "put to rest", or was he still around, ready to create some mess? Would he help MC if asked?

3) What was Rhoubhe's motive for his extravagant enterprise in Caelcorwynn? How did he get his units there?

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #82 on: June 05, 2013, 12:15:49 PM »
1) Why did GH try to kill MC (twice, if I recall it correctly) and where did he get such an advanced technology/magic?

2) Was MC's father really "put to rest", or was he still around, ready to create some mess? Would he help MC if asked?

3) What was Rhoubhe's motive for his extravagant enterprise in Caelcorwynn? How did he get his units there?

1. I recall only that one time with the spider-thingy; and that wasn't really GH's work (though admittedly he did bring the thing into your court). GH was just acting on behalf of another (Alamier's Chamberlain as a matter of fact, although GH didn't know that).

When was the second time?

2. Moeran was more of a restless ghost. He kept interfering/helping Geraldine/Ilien, so me might have aided Maire IF it was  to the benefit of Ilien (in his opionion).

3. Rhuobhe was taking a more active role in the affairs of elves all over Anuire. He was mostly there for the Erebannien - Caelcorwynn was just a side show (though I guess he was curious too - an elven realm, forgotten for so long). He didn't really bring too many of his own men; most of the elven host was made up of local sidhe + magic. Technically he transported his host (those that he brough with him) over.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-ETN/Maire Cwyllmie (Libor)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 12
« Reply #83 on: June 05, 2013, 02:29:28 PM »

1. I recall only that one time with the spider-thingy; and that wasn't really GH's work (though admittedly he did bring the thing into your court). GH was just acting on behalf of another (Alamier's Chamberlain as a matter of fact, although GH didn't know that).

There were 2 those spider-like things. One attacked MC in Ilien. Second attacked in ETN court in Calrie about the same time and killed unnamed priestess (though probably seeked for MC).

And why would Alamies's Chamberlain want MC's death and how he made GH serve him?

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
« Reply #84 on: June 05, 2013, 07:04:29 PM »
Wallac - what was the deal with that guy? Anything sinister or just plain crazy?

I'd say it was a matter of a completely impossible major agenda, which the player tried to achieve anyway. Unfortunately, the same personality that got him to try to finish the agenda, was also the one that got him into conflict with a lot of others. His sense of what was truly achievable didn't really synch with what the world was throwing in his face...

I have a great deal of respect for him, he took my creation and kept it alive - if nothing else than through sheer force of annoyance. Everyone knew that the CoT was truly a dangerous organization if you left it in the hands of just anyone. It was too bad that Bjørn gave him that mission though, might as well have given him "major mission - lose the game whatever you do".

Offline X-Ghieste & HOT/GH (Matt)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 38
  • Duke Ghorien Hiriele of Ghieste, Guilder of H/OT
« Reply #85 on: June 05, 2013, 07:13:11 PM »
GH bargained dropping that spider into ETN's temple in exchange for stopping the hit on the Duke of Alamie who he wanted to keep alive at the time.

As is Bjorn is slightly incorrect in that I was very sure who it was I was talking to, though I never 100% confirmed it.
His Grace Ghorien Hiriele,
Duke of Ghieste,
Grand-Maester of the Highland/Overland Traders,
Viscount of Whyrthe.
Down Right Evil Bastard!

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
« Reply #86 on: June 05, 2013, 07:14:32 PM »
A couple of questions:

What happened to Regien, did not see him much in the last few turns.
Was the Warlock he who I (as Regien and Constantine) thought?
Was the activity of HoA related to the black prince coming back?
Was Regien visited by a demon infested corpse who was acting as a lieutenant to a temple?
What happened to the only logical priest I ever met in RoE?

Was Daen a scion of the Mhor's line?
What happened to the daughter of the old Mhor who went MIA?

"The most logical priest" - ah now I understand why he ended up losing his post :D

Gielbert Aurlien went up against the Gorgon at a crucial point in the recovery of the Book of Laws. He basically drew his fire while the rest were allowed to escape.

He fought the Gorgon for a few rounds in the awnsheglien's library, then he got his ribcage crushed by a thrown bookshelf. By this time the others had fled behind a wall of force planted in the underground corridor. The Gorgon rushed after them, but was pricked most annoyingly by Gielbert's last act, a summoned lantern archon, zapping the great beast with DR ignoring rays of light.
 Quite annoyed, the Gorgon didn't manage to catch the fleeing heroes with the Book of Laws.

Then Gielbert melded into the earth - and you can read the rest in "All the earth I have".

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #87 on: June 05, 2013, 07:56:22 PM »

There were 2 those spider-like things. One attacked MC in Ilien. Second attacked in ETN court in Calrie about the same time and killed unnamed priestess (though probably seeked for MC).

And why would Alamies's Chamberlain want MC's death and how he made GH serve him?

Alamie's Chamberlain was a cultist MOST vile. Possible the vilest man in all of Anuire. In the event he was also doing some work from the HoA, which included killing off high clergy.
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2013, 07:57:03 PM »
GH bargained dropping that spider into ETN's temple in exchange for stopping the hit on the Duke of Alamie who he wanted to keep alive at the time.

As is Bjorn is slightly incorrect in that I was very sure who it was I was talking to, though I never 100% confirmed it.

Now that you mention it...it's been too long for me to remember all the details. Only 95% of them :D
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #89 on: June 05, 2013, 07:59:00 PM »
Wallac - what was the deal with that guy? Anything sinister or just plain crazy?

I'd say it was a matter of a completely impossible major agenda, which the player tried to achieve anyway. Unfortunately, the same personality that got him to try to finish the agenda, was also the one that got him into conflict with a lot of others. His sense of what was truly achievable didn't really synch with what the world was throwing in his face...

I have a great deal of respect for him, he took my creation and kept it alive - if nothing else than through sheer force of annoyance. Everyone knew that the CoT was truly a dangerous organization if you left it in the hands of just anyone. It was too bad that Bjørn gave him that mission though, might as well have given him "major mission - lose the game whatever you do".

I could pretty much argue that all major agendas are impossible...

IHH's wasn't so bad IMO - with some diplomacy he could have held the office in return for major concessions to the other temples. Difficult, yes, but doable.

But I'll grant you - not doable for Kasper, because he lacked the diplomatic suave than would have been required to pull it off.
DM Bjørn