Author Topic: End of game questions  (Read 26507 times)

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Re: End of game questions
« Reply #120 on: June 08, 2013, 07:25:09 PM »
Gerad was free of anything but ambition - he felt cheated out of his birthright when Rashid was chosen solely (in his eyes) because he was the eldest son; the old Patriarch wanted to honor the traditions of Anuire, but in so doing he set aside Elinie's traditions of choosing the most able child. Rashids actions did also little to appease him; him letting guilders run the realm, the attempted assassination of Gerad (which he blamed Rashid/PETG for). Plus of course Gerad's claim to the throne was a nice excuse for invasion for his master-in-exile, the Duke of Osoerde.
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #121 on: June 08, 2013, 07:25:42 PM »

What really happened to Robhan's brother (the one who was a noble of Coeranys) in the Chimaeron?  It all seemed remarkably convenient for the Duke of Coeranys...

He was killed - by orogs. No subterfuge involved.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-WIT/Toreas Kharnmoin (Rune)

• the Nerdrager
  • Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 24
  • Archprelate Toreas Kharnmoin
« Reply #122 on: June 08, 2013, 08:07:24 PM »
Which player(s) had the honor of being part of the DMs biggest facepalm moment in RoE2? And which event was that?
Toreas Kharnmoin
Pontiff of All Anuire
Archprelate of the Western Imperial Temple of Haelyn

Offline X-Aerenwe/TS (Miloš)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 10
    • timeKraft
« Reply #123 on: June 08, 2013, 08:20:43 PM »
Which player(s) had the honor of being part of the DMs biggest facepalm moment in RoE2? And which event was that?

Did you have to ask that? -_-
Tasaenae Swordwraith,
By the Grace of Haelyn and Nesirie,
Queen of Aerenwe,
Countess of Calrie,
Protector and High Warden of the Erebannien

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #124 on: June 08, 2013, 08:42:11 PM »

When Geir decided that Duchess Flaertes would demand that the Boer army under the command of Moergan would have to give up their arms if they were to be allowed to cross Tuornen. This was the very army that was marching north after the foul assassination of their liege (for which they suspected LF to be at least involved, if not responsible). Tuornen's army and fortifications were miniscule, inexperienced and not at all on active duty. Shortly thereafter Haes was in Boer hands, as was LF's son and heir.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Avanil/Aubrae Avan (Thorsten)

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 35
  • Princess Aubrae Avan
« Reply #125 on: June 08, 2013, 08:50:41 PM »
I don't particularly envy Geir's endgame positioning, with an active (and angry) Boeruine, and an equally active (and seething) Avanil attempting to use his lands as a thoroughfare. But yeah, it doesn't strike me as the best of moves :-P
Aubrae Avan,
Princess of Avanil, Duchess of Taeghas

Diplomacy is the art of letting someone else have your way.

Offline X-Osoerde (Alan)

• The Dragon
  • Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
« Reply #126 on: June 09, 2013, 03:25:24 AM »
Can we fully unlock the Conclave forum?
Yes, wyrmling, the meat is made all the more tender by armor...

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #127 on: June 09, 2013, 11:23:04 AM »
hmm, now there's a mountain to read.

Note, if seeking deeply enlightened discussions, in depth discussions of matters spiritual and theological as the most enlightened minds of Anuire ponder the souls in their care - you may have to look hard to find it.  ::)
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Princess Aubrae Avan
« Reply #128 on: June 09, 2013, 11:36:35 AM »
I'd like to see the inner Haelynite conclave thingy too, I admit. And find out how and when it was created, because that clearly wasn't part of the charter :P
Aubrae Avan,

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #129 on: June 09, 2013, 01:33:31 PM »
there wasn't much in it - but it is in the charter - the "inner conclave" is just the discussions between the cardinal temples.  Generally bitching about the Pontiff riding roughshod over them - but doing it where the lesser temples can't see so that the Haelynics don't wash their linen in public too much
Robhan Khaiarén

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Princess Aubrae Avan
« Reply #130 on: June 09, 2013, 02:08:18 PM »
there wasn't much in it - but it is in the charter - the "inner conclave" is just the discussions between the cardinal temples.  Generally bitching about the Pontiff riding roughshod over them - but doing it where the lesser temples can't see so that the Haelynics don't wash their linen in public too much

I guess that's a matter of perspective. But I'm pretty sure it wasn't created at the same time the CoT was, and I would have been fervently against it as the RCS if I had found out about it when I played them.

One thing is the cardinal temples discussing things in private and provide council. It's completely another matter if the CoT, which was created for temples to talk on relatively equal footing, suddenly isn't because there is an inner echelon for sessions to continue in, when the rest of us are gone. I think it defeats the purpose of the CoT (as I saw it).
Aubrae Avan,

Offline X-OIT (Garth)

• Former players
  • Hero
  • Regency: 3
« Reply #131 on: June 09, 2013, 06:30:26 PM »
Take a look at my Conclave Voting Record in the CoT. It's a compilation that I put together for every issue that went to a vote. It was intended to help new players get caught up, so they wouldn't need to read everything like I did.

I thought my effort would go to waste, but with this new interest in the Conclave. . .

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #132 on: June 09, 2013, 07:14:28 PM »

I guess that's a matter of perspective. But I'm pretty sure it wasn't created at the same time the CoT was, and I would have been fervently against it as the RCS if I had found out about it when I played them.

One thing is the cardinal temples discussing things in private and provide council. It's completely another matter if the CoT, which was created for temples to talk on relatively equal footing, suddenly isn't because there is an inner echelon for sessions to continue in, when the rest of us are gone. I think it defeats the purpose of the CoT (as I saw it).

Well, it can't vote or anything - it's purely a bickering sessions.  But I take your point.  I suspect however that the Haelynics wouldn't have it any other way ;-)
Robhan Khaiarén

Offline X-Endier & KoH/GdN (JP)

• Count and Grand-Maester Guy de Nichaleir regent Endier (JP)
  • Former players
  • Freeman
  • Regency: 4
« Reply #133 on: June 09, 2013, 09:41:49 PM »
I know I am a bit late to the party but what ever happened to KoH.  I am not sure if you already discussed but I did not seem to see anything.  Thanks!
Count and Grand-Maester
Guy de Nichaleir
Regent Endier

"Haelyn himself will be your leader ... Wear his holy symbol as your badge. If you are killed your sins will be pardoned ... Let those who have been fighting against their own brothers and kinsfolk now fight lawfully against the Swordhawlks."

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #134 on: June 09, 2013, 09:59:09 PM »
I know I am a bit late to the party but what ever happened to KoH.  I am not sure if you already discussed but I did not seem to see anything.  Thanks!

I haven't written that part yet - but it involves lots of glorious action in the Khinasi plains!
DM Bjørn