Author Topic: End of game questions  (Read 26559 times)

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Re: End of game questions
« Reply #105 on: June 06, 2013, 08:35:02 PM »
Bjorn - What was the deal with the Wraith-Sorceror under Ilien, who claimed to be me? Or at least to have the same name as me and a sword that was identical to mine?

Oh, and what would have happened to me if I hadn't ditched the Eye when I did?  Conversely, would there have been direct consequences BECAUSE I ditched the Eye?

It was a possible future version of you, come back through time to make sure you got the bloodsilver blade. To set in motion certain event that were to its liking.

If you hadn't ditched the Eye you would have grown more powerful and had access to resources that might actually have let you win in Aerenwe and beyond. But I'm sure that the long-term costs would have been even more horrible than the ones you would have to bear after ditching the eye.
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #106 on: June 06, 2013, 08:42:39 PM »
Bjorn - What was the deal with the Wraith-Sorceror under Ilien, who claimed to be me? Or at least to have the same name as me and a sword that was identical to mine?

Oh, and what would have happened to me if I hadn't ditched the Eye when I did?  Conversely, would there have been direct consequences BECAUSE I ditched the Eye?

It was a possible future version of you, come back through time to make sure you got the bloodsilver blade. To set in motion certain event that were to its liking.

If you hadn't ditched the Eye you would have grown more powerful and had access to resources that might actually have let you win in Aerenwe and beyond. But I'm sure that the long-term costs would have been even more horrible than the ones you would have to bear after ditching the eye.

Oh, and if you read Kaven's adventure-conversation with the Red Wind you may stop a reference to the 'anomaly' having gone away. That was a direct result of you rebuking the Eye...so perhaps you saved all of Anuire, even if it meant the ruin of your house. Something to ponder.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-ETN/Maire Cwyllmie (Libor)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 12
« Reply #107 on: June 06, 2013, 09:34:30 PM »
When Rhuobhe was killed and Tuare took over his forces, they advanced into human part of Caelcorwynn and threatened to slaughter all humans that remained. What caused them to change their mind?

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #108 on: June 06, 2013, 10:30:51 PM »
When Rhuobhe was killed and Tuare took over his forces, they advanced into human part of Caelcorwynn and threatened to slaughter all humans that remained. What caused them to change their mind?

Tuare consolidating his gains; knowing how humans are after living among them for so long he decided now was an opportune time to scare them away without further bloodshed.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #109 on: June 06, 2013, 10:55:37 PM »
He also tried to pull it off within his 2 year stint instead of building up to it - if he'd gone for a "this is how the job should be done" 1st round, made sure that other temples were ho hum/failed, then when IHH's turn came around again they'd be more likely to get a longer period - assuming that he couldn't get elected at some point as a regent-Pontiff following some major foul-up by a successor, or get a "supporting role" made that he could maneuver into and use to maintain a measure authority.

Any attempt to win a major agenda in 8 seasons (well, 10 thanks to WIT) from nothing flat is doomed to failure in my view, they are more decades-long goals rooted in the heart of an organisation in my view.

He wouldn't get the second chance within the scope of the game.

I know that it's been answered, but to me "game length planning" is what causes most PBeMs to be d4-1 (which RoE II thankfully avoided).

I worked from start to finish on generational planning - Robhan's aim wasn't to complete all agenda's in 20 turns, he had no reason to think that the next 5 years would be "special", Robhan was working on a "over the next century how will the Aegis and my family be best served by my actions" approach.  Robhan lost out through changeovers in players but that wasn't something I'd allow him to plan for either.  As a player I knew that it wouldn't get me points, but I think that the lack of a quick-get-rich-and-win mentality made it easier for people to play with Robhan and, in my view, made him a more rounded character.
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

Offline X-Mhoried/Constantine Mhor (Wiktor)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 8
« Reply #110 on: June 07, 2013, 11:22:29 PM »
We had a constructive discussion with Andy today ref Aegos.

Both of us being certain we are right but having a completely different view we are wandering if you could enlighten us as to who/what Aegos was and what was its/his connection with Mhoried/ HA/ Regien.
His Grace Constantine Mhor the Duke of Mhoried

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #111 on: June 08, 2013, 01:44:09 PM »
Strictly Robhan is sure that he's right, I suspect that he's at least 50% wrong  ::)
Robhan Khaiarén

Offline X-Osoerde (Alan)

• The Dragon
  • Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
« Reply #112 on: June 08, 2013, 01:57:19 PM »
Strictly Robhan is sure that he's right, I suspect that he's at least 50% wrong  ::)

This is RoE...I would expect your 50% to be more like 10%. :)
Yes, wyrmling, the meat is made all the more tender by armor...

Offline X-Osoerde (Alan)

• The Dragon
  • Former players
  • Sovereign
« Reply #113 on: June 08, 2013, 02:38:46 PM »
Bjorn what was the connection between the vampires and hoa if any? 

Offline X-Mhoried/Constantine Mhor (Wiktor)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 8
« Reply #114 on: June 08, 2013, 02:47:04 PM »

Was MS fully controlled by HoA? Was the first captain pure?
His Grace Constantine Mhor the Duke of Mhoried

Offline X-Osoerde (Alan)

• The Dragon
  • Former players
  • Sovereign
« Reply #115 on: June 08, 2013, 03:30:19 PM »
What about the two dragons? One in the erebannian and the other in Hope's demise?

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #116 on: June 08, 2013, 06:43:52 PM »

Depends; not all vampires were working towards the same goal. The Manethander vampires were pursuing his agenda. The others were either HoA agents or working roughly along the same lines. Same goes for a bunch of werecreatures that never really saw much action.
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #117 on: June 08, 2013, 06:44:44 PM »

Was MS fully controlled by HoA? Was the first captain pure?

The MS had a big HoA problem initially, but managed to root out the worst of it. The First Captain was pure.
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #118 on: June 08, 2013, 06:49:51 PM »
We had a constructive discussion with Andy today ref Aegos.

Both of us being certain we are right but having a completely different view we are wandering if you could enlighten us as to who/what Aegos was and what was its/his connection with Mhoried/ HA/ Regien.

The Aegos is the Spirit of Mhoried. The accumulation of valiant deeds and valiant spirits throughout the ages, all dedicated to freedom even if it meant death. It could be called a minor local god if you will. Or a great spirit. Or the patron saint of the Mhors. Or a great many other things.

In a very real sense it was also the Wizard(s) of Mhoried, selecting them and empowering them beyond the limitations of mortal wizards. The very first time (at least on record) the Aegos manifested was when the first Wizard of Mhoried arose in the 6th Century HC. But there was a spirit, a power, even before that. Perhaps it even predated human settlement of Mhoried.
DM Bjørn

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #119 on: June 08, 2013, 06:52:44 PM »
What was behind Gerad's distrust / hate / etc of his brother Rashid Daouta?  Was it just ambition?  I figured he thought that Rashid was tainted by shadow (it would be an obvious supposition given the backstory), decided that he Gerad) was best for the throne and it went from there, but figured that it was also possible that Gerad was a Ghoul/pawn of Manetheander or that both brothers were pure(ish) and the vampires were just stirring it up.

What really happened to Robhan's brother (the one who was a noble of Coeranys) in the Chimaeron?  It all seemed remarkably convenient for the Duke of Coeranys...
Robhan Khaiarén