Author Topic: The Vampires of Ansien, Elinie  (Read 35190 times)

Offline X-Mhoried/Droene Kavarra (Iasonas)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 3
  • The Mhor, Droene Kavarra
Re: The Vampires of Ansien, Elinie
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2009, 10:14:52 AM »
Bjorn rises abruptly from his seats, his claymore in his hands. He moves carefully towards the High Marshal, trying to block any vampire's advance towards the priest. His eyes stare coldly at the vampires, the initial shock long gone, as if it was never there. His moves are calculated, so that he will not be easily flanked (by choosing terrain that hinders movement around him and the other companions). If any vampire attacks, he tries to block its attacks and keep it away (OOC: defensive stance), because he does not want to risk hitting a vampire linked to one of the companions.
Droene Kavarra.
The Mhor.
The land is inherited,
The respect is earned.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2009, 10:20:33 AM »
Bjorn rises abruptly from his seats, his claymore in his hands. He moves carefully towards the High Marshal, trying to block any vampire's advance towards the priest. His eyes stare coldly at the vampires, the initial shock long gone, as if it was never there. His moves are calculated, so that he will not be easily flanked (by choosing terrain that hinders movement around him and the other companions). If any vampire attacks, he tries to block its attacks and keep it away (OOC: defensive stance), because he does not want to risk hitting a vampire linked to one of the companions.

Re-read my last post; you are ALONE in the dark, save for ONE vampire.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Points East

• Grand-Maester of the P&H
  • Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 15
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2009, 10:35:53 AM »

IC:

Almost immediately after the place is consumed in darkness, Elamien, who had been sitting quite peacefully, even during the Patriarch's speech,--though with a somewhat despondent aspect to her visage,--lifts an hand to her neck and to the relatively nondescript yet fine piece of jewellery, which encircles it.  Running her fingers across the five shapes of silver and gold, which hang thence, she removes the smallest of these and, when the voice of Ariadne has ceased, tosses it across the table,--if in fact the table remains,--toward the presumed location of the vampire, who had apparently been focused, most especially, upon her several movements.  She then spins out of her chair and backs away cautiously, either aided by the light of a projectile, which bursts into flame upon contact with some object, or trusting to her familiarity with movement in darkness, in the event that the projectile has no visible effect.  Removing a second item from the necklace, she holds this in her left hand as she readies her rapier, in her right. . . .

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2009, 10:46:55 AM »
Rashid focuses his sense of evil, probing the dark around him. "Avanalae, guide your servant. Avanalae Light My Path." With the words, the Sun Sword glows with the deep red hues of imminent dawn, spreading it rays some distance.

Long shadows dance behind Rashid, as he scans his surroundings. "Remember these masks Adaliz? - Our legacy... Our Birthright. We are slayers of those unfit to live." With one hand, Rashid pulls his mask from his belt and pulls it over his head. (See Regent Portrait)

"And you my dear sister, are long done living..." A quick spin, checking behind; "As Hammoud did, so will I. Your defeat is imminent, inevitable!"

OOC: Intimidating for all I've got. Yea, trying to enrage the vampire to fall on my Sun Sword. +13 to skill check.
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-Mhoried/Droene Kavarra (Iasonas)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 3
  • The Mhor, Droene Kavarra
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2009, 11:18:06 AM »

Re-read my last post; you are ALONE in the dark, save for ONE vampire.

[OOC: Sorry about that. ]

Bjorn slowly walks towards the closest wall (from what he remembers). His ears must serve as his eyes now [Listen check for any approaching footsteps]. He holds his claymore protectively in front of himself, ready to strike at the first sign of an approaching vampire.

His main effort is to keep those creatures from harming him [OOC: Assumes defensive stance], until a source of light is found.

Droene Kavarra.
The Mhor.
The land is inherited,
The respect is earned.

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2009, 12:01:55 PM »
Robhan's sword glows brightly and he listened intently for movement as he carefully paced to the side,  Blessed Haelyn, grant me light in the darkness to drive away the Shadows, in the daylight world the prayer would turn the crest of his helm into a beacon of light to shame any lantern that would cast light far ahead of him, and whether through Haelyn's might or Glamour of the Seeming he would have it shine for him now...

OOC: Light magic = continual light+wanting it to be that way & seeming, protective=deathward, rest is whatever is usual
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2009, 12:40:11 PM »

IC:

Almost immediately after the place is consumed in darkness, Elamien, who had been sitting quite peacefully, even during the Patriarch's speech,--though with a somewhat despondent aspect to her visage,--lifts an hand to her neck and to the relatively nondescript yet fine piece of jewellery, which encircles it.  Running her fingers across the five shapes of silver and gold, which hang thence, she removes the smallest of these and, when the voice of Ariadne has ceased, tosses it across the table,--if in fact the table remains,--toward the presumed location of the vampire, who had apparently been focused, most especially, upon her several movements.  She then spins out of her chair and backs away cautiously, either aided by the light of a projectile, which bursts into flame upon contact with some object, or trusting to her familiarity with movement in darkness, in the event that the projectile has no visible effect.  Removing a second item from the necklace, she holds this in her left hand as she readies her rapier, in her right. . . .

You catch a glimpse of the the vampire as it leaps away from the flames, faster than any human could hope to move. You strongly doubt you ability to hit it with a projectile. The flames do, however, create some light, which is in all ways beneficial to you (since you assume that vampires can see - perfectly well - in the dark).
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2009, 12:44:07 PM »
Bjorn slowly walks towards the closest wall (from what he remembers). His ears must serve as his eyes now [Listen check for any approaching footsteps]. He holds his claymore protectively in front of himself, ready to strike at the first sign of an approaching vampire.

His main effort is to keep those creatures from harming him [OOC: Assumes defensive stance], until a source of light is found.

There is no light, unless you make your own. Your hearing and sense of presence is, however, quite keen...the vampire tries, three times, to assault you from behind. Each time it is met with enchanted steel; against which undead flesh seem resistant, but not immune. Each blow would have cut a man in half, but the vampire comes across but lightly injured. It hisses, then falls back into the darkness.
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2009, 12:46:01 PM »
Robhan's sword glows brightly and he listened intently for movement as he carefully paced to the side,  Blessed Haelyn, grant me light in the darkness to drive away the Shadows, in the daylight world the prayer would turn the crest of his helm into a beacon of light to shame any lantern that would cast light far ahead of him, and whether through Haelyn's might or Glamour of the Seeming he would have it shine for him now...

OOC: Light magic = continual light+wanting it to be that way & seeming, protective=deathward, rest is whatever is usual

The previously so handsome male vampire that sat opposite your comes snarling into the light, turned into a hideous monstrosity of fangs and claws and undead flesh. It is not a subtle creature, but one of rage and ferocity. Monster and champion of light clash, and Robhan is fighting the fight of his life...
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2009, 12:48:56 PM »
Rashid focuses his sense of evil, probing the dark around him. "Avanalae, guide your servant. Avanalae Light My Path." With the words, the Sun Sword glows with the deep red hues of imminent dawn, spreading it rays some distance.

Long shadows dance behind Rashid, as he scans his surroundings. "Remember these masks Adaliz? - Our legacy... Our Birthright. We are slayers of those unfit to live." With one hand, Rashid pulls his mask from his belt and pulls it over his head. (See Regent Portrait)

"And you my dear sister, are long done living..." A quick spin, checking behind; "As Hammoud did, so will I. Your defeat is imminent, inevitable!"

OOC: Intimidating for all I've got. Yea, trying to enrage the vampire to fall on my Sun Sword. +13 to skill check.

The light of the Sun Sword is not as bright as it uses to, but that is to be expected. It does, however, create more than enough light for you to see by.

Your opponent, one of the male vampires, turn to mist before your eyes, and then his is gone, only to reappear on the other side of the hall, laughing. Three great black worgs stand at his side. He points at you and they race forward and around your flanks...
DM Bjørn

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2009, 01:42:35 PM »

The light of the Sun Sword is not as bright as it uses to, but that is to be expected. It does, however, create more than enough light for you to see by.

Your opponent, one of the male vampires, turn to mist before your eyes, and then his is gone, only to reappear on the other side of the hall, laughing. Three great black worgs stand at his side. He points at you and they race forward and around your flanks...

"Worgs, you send Worgs to do your bidding?" Rashid shifts forward, into the press, getting the table on one flank, he takes the Sun Sword in both hands and cuts deeply twice into the nearest worg.

He parries the lunge from the one at his front, and the other climbs the table to jump him from there. Rashid then lifts his hand, and a ripple of force booms through the room "Begone animals!" his voice echoes, empowered by his bloodability.

As the animals cower and turn, he swiftly makes an attack of opportunity as they pass.

Getting his breath, Rashid tries to find the will to alter the dream; "Oh ancient Basaïa, let the wings in my blood manifest. Let the eagles of the plains stand vivid in my mind, and let them come to my aid in this dark place, begone roof, let sky be shown and talons of vengence descent!"

OOC: I'm using my Aura of Charm to scare the worgs, if they are less than 6th level they run on a failed save.
Then, since the wolves were "new", Rashid tries to match his opponent, by thinking of the one animal he is most tied to, the eagles. He has Animal Affinity as a Major, so he speaks with them, and with Charm Aura he can charm them for further control. - He might just be standing there, muttering to himself though...  :)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 01:44:12 PM by Elinie/RiD (Niels) »
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2009, 02:04:08 PM »
The previously so handsome male vampire that sat opposite your comes snarling into the light, turned into a hideous monstrosity of fangs and claws and undead flesh. It is not a subtle creature, but one of rage and ferocity. Monster and champion of light clash, and Robhan is fighting the fight of his life...

Robhan grinned ferally, "so your true face is revealed demon, no wonder you preferred glamour and left the speaking to your fellows!"

Giving ground as required the High Marshal fought defensively, with his blade he had reach on the beast, it could not approach without injury and so long as he kept moving could not close as it clearly desired.  Robhan grimaced in pain as a swinging claw left scores in his bracer and ducked the follow up blow, courage Haelyn's child, so ferocious an onslaught cannot endure, even with vampiric vitality stern martial training mixed with faith in his soul and the Marshal remained icily calm.  Swallowing his pain the High Marshal battled on, should some taunt or continued failure enrage the brute further, then careless rage would leave Robhan some opening, some chance to make a skillful blow that would cripple the beast, skill always beats brute force if courage holds...

Taunting the Vampire whenever he had breath and praying for light and protection against evil whenever he could Robhan fought grimly on - others needed his aid, if the beast did not falter soon, he would have to act more aggressively or fail his allies, spotting a chair broken on the floor  Robhan began easing the fight round to it, if the vampire did not see the chair in its ferocious rush, then a stumble might grant Robhan the chance he needed...
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2009, 02:13:00 PM »
"Worgs, you send Worgs to do your bidding?" Rashid shifts forward, into the press, getting the table on one flank, he takes the Sun Sword in both hands and cuts deeply twice into the nearest worg.

He parries the lunge from the one at his front, and the other climbs the table to jump him from there. Rashid then lifts his hand, and a ripple of force booms through the room "Begone animals!" his voice echoes, empowered by his bloodability.

As the animals cower and turn, he swiftly makes an attack of opportunity as they pass.

Getting his breath, Rashid tries to find the will to alter the dream; "Oh ancient Basaïa, let the wings in my blood manifest. Let the eagles of the plains stand vivid in my mind, and let them come to my aid in this dark place, begone roof, let sky be shown and talons of vengence descent!"

OOC: I'm using my Aura of Charm to scare the worgs, if they are less than 6th level they run on a failed save.
Then, since the wolves were "new", Rashid tries to match his opponent, by thinking of the one animal he is most tied to, the eagles. He has Animal Affinity as a Major, so he speaks with them, and with Charm Aura he can charm them for further control. - He might just be standing there, muttering to himself though...  :)

OOC: Not entirely sure what this Aura of Charm is? Bloodline related? Doesn't ring any bells. BRCS perhaps? But we'll assume that you're pretty intimidating.

OOC2: This is the way to do it; move the action forward. Of course, since you casually dealt with this round of opposition, I do get a freer rein this time around.

IC: You deal with the worgs, kill them or drive them away. Unfortunately, while you are preoccupied with your dreams of the sky and eagles, you are hit by some force and tossed against the wall. The fabled sun sword flies out of your hand, the vampire moves to seize it, but then thinks better of it and just kicks it away.
DM Bjørn

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2009, 02:24:14 PM »
Rashid grabs hold of his holy symbol of Avanalae and presents it firmly. "Back off, creature. My Faith is strong and you will not have me!" He then begins to edge towards the sword, knowing that without it he is in serious trouble.

OOC: Yes, the Charm Aura is BRCS, I must admit I'm a little lost with regards to what source we are looking up our powers from?

Offline X-LPA/Gaerred Khaiarén (Gray)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • High Hierophant Gaerred Khaiarén
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2009, 02:37:46 PM »
Medlorhie quickly stands from the table just as the darkness consumes her, but darkness does not completely pass over her.  A subtle light hidden by ambient light surrounds her head with a subtle glow before reaching ever so slightly towards the heavens before succumbing to the darkness.  It is as if a single ray from the Lady of Light has descended upon her. Medlorhie is channeling a direct aspect of Avanlae ([Lesser Planar Ally], cast prior to the adventure start). As she stands, she touches a plate to infuse it with the power of light. [Daylight]

Holding she raises her hand to her chest over her holy symbol and four fingers of her other hand to her forehead and says quietly.

"O Great Lady, Most Benevolent Light, I seek refuge in Your Light from the Shadow and I seek refuge in Thee, My Lady, that they may know their works be undone." [Death Ward & Protection from Evil]

The next prays is in the most ancient of Basarji, used only when the clergy of Avanlae calls out to Her Divine Light in the Face of the Shadow.  Medlorhie places her hands before her chest, palms toward one another. 

"Avanlae is the light of the heavens and the earth. The allegory of Her light is that of a concave mirror behind a lamp that is placed inside a glass container. The glass container is like a bright, pearl-like star. The fuel thereof is supplied from a blessed oil-producing tree, that is neither eastern, nor western. Its oil is almost self-radiating; needs no fire to ignite it. Light upon light. Avanlae guides to Her light whoever wills to be guided. Avanlae thus cites the parables for the people. Avanlae is fully aware of all things. And now I return you to the Lady, She Who Cannot Bear the Darkness, I return you to death."

As she speaks, white light gathers in her hands. She calls out in a loud voice while thrusting her hands out a brief flash of light. [Turn Undead powered by the Sun Domain & Holy Smite]

Should these things not be enough, she switches to Searing Light or utilizes Summon Monster III/IV to confer upon herself a suitable attack form from one of Avani's servitors (Lantern Archon Light Ray for instance, or something like that).

OOC: Modified, since I read Bjorn's post, and since we are alone.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 08:23:00 PM by LPA/MH (Gray) »