Author Topic: Player presentation  (Read 38025 times)

Offline X-Endier & KoH/GdN (Joe)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 7
  • Guy de Nichaleir, Grand-Maester and Count
Re: Player presentation
« Reply #90 on: November 18, 2008, 10:43:12 PM »
I'm joe, 34 yrs, from USA.  I write database code and ui code for database front-ends.  I'm married.  I starting playing D&D with the "red box" back in the mid 1980's, and moved onto AD&D, 2nd ed, 3.0, 3.5, and sadly, pretty much abandoned the game with 4.0 (my entire tabletop group quit all at once within a month of 4.0)

I played some Birthright PBEM's back when it first came out, when i was in school (think 1997-1998).  There were a lot of them back then. 

Guy de Nichaleir, Grand-Maester of the Knights of Haelyn, Count of Endier, the Red Knight

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
Re: The Living UNDEAD
« Reply #91 on: November 20, 2008, 12:26:59 PM »
I heard all of your missed me.

Those at factcheck.org, in keeping with the American Presidential season, I have them to compile a list of the misconceptions about me.

1.  Your dead.

Not quite.  Cancer, it turns out, is only a CR 14 critter (unlike Eidolons & the Eyeless One).  I am quite alive -- a little banged up -- but still my awesome chipper self.

2.  You've been spending time at the strip clubs, sipping cognac  and partaking of an widely illegal herb.

I wish that were the case.  Life has been a bit traumatic -- with a lot of upheaval.  As a side note, life, for once, oddly acted like RoE (NEW PLAYER HINT FOLLOWS)-- kicking you while your down (and if one is smart, never stopping).

But, I am scrappy and stood up.

3. I didn't miss yall.

Sadly no.  Definitely missed all of you -- and finally pleased that my life is getting back in order.

4.  We didn't miss you.

Yeah, right. ;)

5. Jon owes you money.

I would like small bills (all under $50) with non-sequential serial numbers.  I do not accept personal checks.

Looks like Harvey forgot about the dough! I knew the silent plan would work! Thanks Robert, your example inspired me  ;D

Offline X-EOM/SS (Marco)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 4
« Reply #92 on: November 20, 2008, 03:37:18 PM »
Hi,

I'm Marco from Milan, Italy.

I'm nearly 30, married with a son.

I've played RPGs since 1993 but I haven't played BR-games for years.

Marco G. Fossati

Offline X-Tuornen/LF (Geir)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • Laela Flaertes, Duchess of Tuornen
« Reply #93 on: November 21, 2008, 12:39:27 PM »

So, as many players stay very IC here, a good thing btw, I now wonder; How many girls/women (real life!) do we have as players in this game? And do they play Lords or Ladies?

I play a lady some years my senior. And I consider myself very much to be a male....
Laela Flaertes, By the Grace of Haelyn Duchess of Tuornen

- Geir
Tuornen / LF

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #94 on: November 22, 2008, 06:16:52 PM »
I've only played in one BR PbeM besides my own...it was several years ago, but I can't quite recall the name of the game or who was DM...Chris something maybe? I played the IHH for a few turns...I think some of you guys were in it...Alan, did you play Regien or some such? Can't recall. Lasted only a few turns though, but it was kind nice while it lasted.

http://www.birthright.net/forums/archive/index.php/t-2892.html - "Embers of the Empire. I think it was run by Fearless Leader."  RoE gets praise from all quarters bar one...  Fearless Leader is Chris Linebarger, he also ran Heirs of the Fallen Empire I - IV.
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #95 on: November 22, 2008, 08:22:20 PM »
That's right - Embers of Empire! I was kind of fun actually...only the Ilien and Roesone players kept getting replaced...and the DM wouldn't play NPCs, so that left me hanging in the void...
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Tornilen/SM (Alexander)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 22
  • Duchess Marya Tanar
« Reply #96 on: November 23, 2008, 12:42:37 AM »
Alexander here, I'm a 26 years and live in Denmark, currently studying to become a 4th to 9th grade school teacher in math and english.

I've participated in a few birthright pbems and have been playing roleplaying games since I was 14 years old - I anticipate I'll keep playing for the rest of my life.

Happy to meet you all and I look forward to playing with you people :)
Marya Tanar, The Sword Mage
Duchess and Mage of Tornilen

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #97 on: November 23, 2008, 05:57:01 AM »
Jon, are you reading this? Another Dane? You trying to take over the game?  ;D
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Mhoired (Dan)

• Former players
  • Hero
  • Regency: 5
  • Ex-Mhoried
« Reply #98 on: November 25, 2008, 05:06:14 AM »
Nice to meet you, Alex! I look forward to things getting underway, I'm sure that you and I will have much to discuss!  ;D
Mhor Droene Kavarra, the Red Colt
Ruler of Mhoried, Lord of Shieldhaven & Highrock
Riding Towards Duty

Offline X-Endier & KoH/GdN (Joe)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 7
  • Guy de Nichaleir, Grand-Maester and Count
« Reply #99 on: November 25, 2008, 08:17:46 PM »
Jon, are you reading this? Another Dane? You trying to take over the game?  ;D

Maybe people from the country with the longest continuous line of Royal Succession feel attached to a game about bloodlines and kings.
Guy de Nichaleir, Grand-Maester of the Knights of Haelyn, Count of Endier, the Red Knight

Offline X-Tornilen/SM (Alexander)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 22
  • Duchess Marya Tanar
« Reply #100 on: November 25, 2008, 08:53:26 PM »
True, our royals have shown remarkable ability to keep themselves in one piece and ensure the survival of the line... however little good that does us in modern times :P

I always did like Birthright though, so maybe you're right :)

Thanks for the welcome Dan, I think we'll get the chance to chat :P
Marya Tanar, The Sword Mage
Duchess and Mage of Tornilen

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
« Reply #101 on: December 29, 2008, 03:22:08 PM »
Hello

I'm Niels, from... *drumroll* Denmark"

I've been looking for a chance to play Birthright since the game originally came out. I think I have two boxed sets from way back then, never got a group up and running though.

Alexander, whom I know IRL, pointed me to this PBEM, which is a first for me, but so far it seems a very good medium to represent letters and missives being sent around.

I have absolutely no clue on what happens once you go on an adventure, but I look forward to it all the same.

I'm 30 and work as a product manager in a danish sub of an international financial services corporation. The idea of shuffling money around appeals to me.  ;D

Cheers!
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-Ilien & PCE/GeM (Linde)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 12
  • Countess Geraldine el-Mesir.
« Reply #102 on: April 28, 2010, 12:43:46 AM »
Necro for the win! (Just got around to read the threads from before I joined.)

Hi,
My name is Hartwig Linde.

I am 30 years old and live in Copenhagen with my wife.

I have been playing tabletop rpg for the last 15 years or so, and have been an active member of Pfantasy Dome (a RPG & boardgame club) in Lyngby for the last 11 years.

If you ask me I spend just the right amount of time on my hobby. But if you ask my wife she will say I spend far to much time on it.

I am playing Ilien... Some of you might even have noticed that by now :P

When I am forced to spend time away from my games and my wife, I spend it in a store called Netto where I am the assistant manager.
Her Excellency Geraldine el-Mesir,
Countess of the Free City of Illien
Guildmistress of Port of Call Exchange,
Mage of Ilien & Protector of her people.

Offline X-OIT (Garth)

• Former players
  • Hero
  • Regency: 3
« Reply #103 on: March 01, 2012, 02:59:42 AM »
Hello players.

My name is Garth Flygare.  I am currently a 32-year-old painter in New Mexico, and I will soon be a 33-year-old law student in another state.  Either way, I reiside in the United States of America.

I will be assuming the role of CARDINAL NARVELON DIEM-AVAN, ruling over the ORTHODOX IMPERIAL TEMPLE OF HAELYN.

May the Book of Laws help me in my efforts, and MAY HAELYN'S WILL BE DONE.

garthflygare@hotmail.com

Offline X-Endier & KoH/GdN (JP)

• Count and Grand-Maester Guy de Nichaleir regent Endier (JP)
  • Former players
  • Freeman
  • Regency: 4
« Reply #104 on: March 01, 2012, 07:07:24 AM »
Welome!
Count and Grand-Maester
Guy de Nichaleir
Regent Endier

"Haelyn himself will be your leader ... Wear his holy symbol as your badge. If you are killed your sins will be pardoned ... Let those who have been fighting against their own brothers and kinsfolk now fight lawfully against the Swordhawlks."