Author Topic: Player presentation  (Read 38026 times)

Offline X-SASI/Orthien Tane (Rune)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 12
  • Maester Orthien Tane
Re: The Living UNDEAD
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2008, 11:55:38 AM »
LMAO.   RUNE!!  It has been a too long!

This is not fair -- the noobs are getting a bad, totally inaccurate, picture of me from old players! ;)  Diplomacy with me is a eurphoric ecstasy which leaves one blissfully god-like with the knowledge that that our correspondence could grant such utter eudaemonic existence.

I suddenly wish that I had more PC domains in Osoerde --though  I do have the IHH, ETN and Bobby to keep me occupied, I suppose.  And last time I saw Dimitris play the ETN, they were utterly insane -- more so than Gray even.

It has indeed Alan. As you might have noticed from my forum name, Bjørn managed to convince me to join in again. I will be playing SASI, a perfectly legal and nice guild. Don't let anyone tell you different!

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Rune, I'm 29 years old and I currently reside in Trondheim - sort of (with a fiance living in Leiden, The Netherlands, I tend to stay a bit there as well  :P). I have a PhD in Neuroscience, to compliment my MSc in chemistry.

I'm an old friend of Even and Bjørn, and I will make sure to tell their mum if they are mean to me. In my spare time I meddle with photography and I try to exercise enough to keep my waist smaller than Evens - though it's not much of a challenge!

RoE is the only PBEM game I've ever played, but I've been here since the start. Was it 8-9 years ago you said Bjørn? That's scary...
Orthien Tane, Maester of Southern Anuire Shipping and Imports

Offline X-Roesone/ARR (Robert)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 18
  • Arvour Raemel, Baron of Roesone
Re: The Living UNDEAD
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2008, 06:56:28 PM »
I will make sure to tell their mum if they are mean to me.

"Bjorn won't let me assassinate, plunder, rape and pillage whenever I want to!!!"

"There, there, I'll have a word with my son and I'll make sure he lets you do all kinds of nasty things"

Hmmm.... That would be a Kodak moment ;D
Arvour Raemel, by the Grace of Haelyn Baron of Roesone etc, Champion of Cuiraecen

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
Re: Player presentation
« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2008, 10:39:30 PM »
Hi all, the more I see the more there is too learn...

I'm Andy, I'm 33, single, a tax manager working in London, and occasionally overly English at people.  I got the BR setting when it came out, read it many times waiting for a group to play it with, tried once, failed terribly (cut out the boring talkie shit and give us something to kill...) and didn't start up again until a year or two ago when I found Br.net and shortly after Charles Dupin de-St Cyr convinced me to play Rjurik Winds.  Aside from RWs 13 turns I've played in 2 d4-1 games (well, d4-1 after I got into them).

Looking forward to the game, just not the pre-reading necessary (clearly lots).
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

Offline X-OIT (Joe)

• Former players
  • Freeman
  • Regency: 2
  • Ex-OIT
« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2008, 04:38:08 AM »
Hi all,

I am Joe. I have played Birthright since its inception and through its resurrection by individuals who had a passion for the game. I used to work in finance before I moved over to the video gaming industry, where I am currently employed. I look forward to the game and have been spending days reading the old forums, old turns, and information on this forum.

Looking forward to playing with everyone.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 04:29:40 AM by OIT/Narvelon Diem-Avan (Joe) »
Formerly (Turn 60.5)
Narvelon Diem-Avan
Cardinal of the Orthodox Imperial Temple of Haelyn

Offline X-Hermedhie (Andy)

• Former players
  • Freeman
  • Regency: 4
« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2008, 02:55:12 AM »
I'm *another* Andy, and will be ditching my personal name totally just to dispense with any confusion at all.

31, rooftop gardener in NYC, and have been playing and running BR since it was released.  Adore the world, and there's nowhere I'd rather be playing a game.

Have joined this game because it's a) a whole new way to enjoy Birthright and b) have been trying to move my new tabletop group into more email exchange for regency actions and this looks to be a great place to learn how that's done.

Looking forward to playing with you all.

Offline X-Alamie (Alex)

• Former players
  • Hero
  • Carilon Alam, Archduke of Alamie
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2008, 09:54:29 PM »
I am Alex, playing also in Shadows of Empire. ROE 2 is my complementary and only other way to consume the spare time left over by the job and the people.

I am 28, and working as an analyst for an investment bank in the Netherlands, though History of teh COld War had been my first cup of tea.

I am pleased to have joined you all.

Offline X-Mieres & SAS/AV (Mark)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 15
« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2008, 11:53:46 PM »
Hey, I'm Mark.  Been playing BR for over a decade, but the last tabletop I DM'd and the next one looks like I will be running again as well so I look forward to just being a player.

Every man has a price he will willingly accept, even for what he hoped never to sell. 

Offline X-Points East

• Grand-Maester of the P&H
  • Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 15
« Reply #82 on: November 08, 2008, 05:54:39 AM »

OoC:

Yo.

In RoE, I submitted Domain Orders for Osoerde (under the rule of William Osoer) in Turns #44-47 and #49-51.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 09:43:28 PM by Points East/EL (Brandon) »

Offline X-Mhoired (Dan)

• Former players
  • Hero
  • Regency: 5
  • Ex-Mhoried
« Reply #83 on: November 08, 2008, 06:38:26 PM »
Hi ya, Brandon, and hello Mark (who I'm a little jealous of, along with anyone else who's able to engage in tabletop Birthright these days, you lucky devils!)
Mhor Droene Kavarra, the Red Colt
Ruler of Mhoried, Lord of Shieldhaven & Highrock
Riding Towards Duty

Offline X-Coeranys/WD (Greg)

• Former players
  • Scion
« Reply #84 on: November 09, 2008, 05:05:51 AM »
Hey Everyone!

Longtime BR fan here.  I really enjoyed playing Prince William Deaulen of Coeranys at the end of ROE1, and look forward to interacting with all of you in ROE2 as we bring this world back to life!

In RL, I live in Northern California, work at a hospital, and am happily married.  We have a 14 year old son and a 10 year old daughter.  Life is good!  :)
William Deaulen
Baron of Coeranys
Count of Caudraight

Offline X-Diemed/Carvaloen Diem (Sheldon)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 11
  • Carvaloen, Archduke Diemed
    • Urvaius: Chronicles of the Gold Knight
« Reply #85 on: November 12, 2008, 06:03:52 PM »
Wow, you must have a pretty big house ;D

Can you fit in it or is it decorative?

about 170 m2 (1800 sq ft) (Which in Rural/Micropolitan Midwest US can equate to about a 100k to 250k house with "fiscally sound*" mortgage payments ranging from 600 to 1200 per month).

Yes, It's wearable. I had to send my measurements out to a smith in Arizona and wait a year and a half.  And in doing so I found that the articulation in armor from the War of the Roses era in my opinion is much more complex and allows for much more range of motion than that of the Tudor period (My Suit).  Maybe another History fanatic better skilled than myself could tell me why.
--Archduke Diemed

Offline X-Ghieste & HOT/GH (Matt)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 38
  • Duke Ghorien Hiriele of Ghieste, Guilder of H/OT
« Reply #86 on: November 12, 2008, 09:52:12 PM »
Because War of the roses armour was built in a period in which there was much fighting in England. By the height of the tudor period armour technology was already on the wain and common use was more ceremonial and show than combat ready.
His Grace Ghorien Hiriele,
Duke of Ghieste,
Grand-Maester of the Highland/Overland Traders,
Viscount of Whyrthe.
Down Right Evil Bastard!

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2008, 10:25:16 PM »
Find another thread for the OOC chatter...
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Tuornen/LF (Geir)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • Laela Flaertes, Duchess of Tuornen
« Reply #88 on: November 18, 2008, 04:48:43 AM »
Hi

My name is Geir. I have played rpgs for well over 20 years now, mostly as a dm from 2ed ADD up to 3.5 when old age made it too painful to even look at 4ed DD rules. Still think of 3.5 as "the new strange modern curse", and often with great conviction argue about rules until bluntly subdued by upstart 20-someting kids with 3.5 books... , was into Shadowrun before the D20 age, now I don’t know it. Done a fair bit of PBEM in other games, mostly WWII tactical war games with a good amount of rpg in the mix.
Played rpg-heavy Birthright with friends a few years and did some BR PBEM after that.
For money I do odd jobs for the army and work for a security firm. And yes I also study Middle eastern culture, history and politics at UiB.
I play way to much games for my own good as you may guess so Im singel and have no kids ;-)

Still not been granted a playing role in RoE but lurking around trying to follow the action as best I can.

..and I'm in!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 03:45:09 AM by Tuornen/LF (Geir) »
Laela Flaertes, By the Grace of Haelyn Duchess of Tuornen

- Geir
Tuornen / LF

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #89 on: November 18, 2008, 11:13:12 AM »

Still not been granted a playing role in RoE but lurking around trying to follow the action as best I can.

I beg to differ  :)
DM Bjørn