Author Topic: OOC Mirror: Siege of Ilien  (Read 6845 times)

Offline X-Ilien & PCE/GeM (Linde)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 12
  • Countess Geraldine el-Mesir.
OOC Mirror: Siege of Ilien
« on: June 11, 2010, 07:16:47 PM »
Wow this is going a little too fast for me...

We just color write open doors in a well prepared defence to give us a chance of opening a gate?

Is it okay if I color write the diemans armors to fall off for a better chance to hit them?

okay... provokating questions aside, I have lost the idea of how the battlefield looks.... so please help me by correcting my misunderstandings.

Kaven is holding both the medoran and the dieman standard?

Kaven is on the wall but the Diem is outside the wall?

The green knight is outside the walls?

The diemans attacked the wall away from the main gate but has now traveled along the top of the wall to reach the main gate?

Her Excellency Geraldine el-Mesir,
Countess of the Free City of Illien
Guildmistress of Port of Call Exchange,
Mage of Ilien & Protector of her people.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Re: OOC Mirror: Siege of Ilien
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 07:39:00 PM »
Diemans are in another sector than the Ghiestan - nowhere near the damaged gate (they will gain no benefit from it).

Diemans have gained the wall and are fighting to expand their bridgehead. Duke Diem, Kaven and Ser Estevan are all ON the walls.

Kaven is carrying the Dieman standard (for some reason - let's assume Diem's standard bearer was killed - by the classic arrow to the eye).

---

Ghiestans have been thoroughly fucked by realm magic and red-robed wizard supporting the defenders.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 22
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 07:44:49 PM »

Kaven is carrying the Dieman standard (for some reason - let's assume Diem's standard bearer was killed - by the classic arrow to the eye).

Kaven is carrying his Lieges personal standard, though that could well be the same, because he had asked for the dubious honour in order to stick close to the Archduke. Kaven did NOT expect his lieges next post to have him in the thick of the fighting.  ::)

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 07:48:29 PM »
See...ask and all will be revealed...
DM Bjørn

Offline X-SASI/Orthien Tane (Rune)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Maester Orthien Tane
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 11:20:22 PM »
Question concerning this post.

When player place their characters in situations like this, is it ok to assume that they will be "pinned down" there until the siege is lifted, or are sieges considered to be leaking enough for them to get out and do other things? Also, how easy would it be to get inside Ilien when there is a siege in effect?
Orthien Tane, Maester of Southern Anuire Shipping and Imports

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 11:41:10 PM »
Since she is in Ilien on a CoT sanctioned mission and has been to the best of my knowledge been given permission to enter and leave Ilien she should be able to get out. (I assumed being allowed by both sides but Runes post makes me wonder)

Valid question though.
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 11:51:07 PM »

When player place their characters in situations like this, is it ok to assume that they will be "pinned down" there until the siege is lifted, or are sieges considered to be leaking enough for them to get out and do other things? Also, how easy would it be to get inside Ilien when there is a siege in effect?

I did tell Libor that going into Ilien would most likely mean searches of his ship and the likes. But I was somewhat confused about this at first too - especially since I was/is supposed to have men with him.

Related question for the DM:
Does a character who place themselves in an actual warzone like this (ie. behind the lines, but still in possible danger) have a chance of catching a sudden case of death?

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 11:51:37 PM »
Is the CoT trying to set up the International Red Cross?

Offline X-Ilien & PCE/GeM (Linde)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Countess Geraldine el-Mesir.
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2010, 12:15:56 AM »

If they do, then welcome to Ilien ^_^
Her Excellency Geraldine el-Mesir,
Countess of the Free City of Illien
Guildmistress of Port of Call Exchange,
Mage of Ilien & Protector of her people.

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2010, 12:49:57 AM »

Ask Libor. I just said the High Priestes is in Ilien on a CoT sanctioned mission - I did not say the mission was to be making a red cross. However ETN being ETN it kinda makes sense dont it? Neserie being the good of healing heh
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2010, 09:38:53 AM »

Ask Libor. I just said the High Priestes is in Ilien on a CoT sanctioned mission - I did not say the mission was to be making a red cross. However ETN being ETN it kinda makes sense dont it? Neserie being the good of healing heh

Healing and death...

Besides everyone knows that the Ilienese need their souls saving and even if its posthumously then its still important to the Conclave.  If she redeems a few from worshiping the Red Wind's god while they're alive then all the better.
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

Offline X-ETN/Maire Cwyllmie (Libor)

• Former players
  • Noble
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2010, 03:37:08 PM »

I can say it is quite easy to get in if both sides agree to let you pass. Im yet to discover how easy is to get out.  ;)

ETN just does what it does allways. Help the poor and suffering. Besides, RCS does the same (and more) for the besiegers.

Does a character who place themselves in an actual warzone like this (ie. behind the lines, but still in possible danger) have a chance of catching a sudden case of death?

I suppose some stray boulder from catapult might kill anyone in the city. But that is the risk she took agreeing to go to the mission.

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2010, 04:23:58 PM »

ETN just does what it does allways. Help the poor and suffering. Besides, RCS does the same (and more) for the besiegers.

The difference being, that I'm not going against direct orders to do so. ;)

And just to be clear - the RCS are tending to the wounded on both sides.

Offline X-ETN/Maire Cwyllmie (Libor)

• Former players
  • Noble
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2010, 04:34:56 PM »

The difference being, that I'm not going against direct orders to do so. ;)

Direct orders? I don't recall anyone who could order ETN to heal or not to heal.  :P

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2010, 05:02:00 PM »
Depends on whether you jeopardize your mission by running around where catapults could hit you, I guess. I'm just saying you have direct orders - and they don't necessarily involve frolicking in the battlezone :P