Author Topic: MIRROR - To see the Obelisk of Thenial  (Read 46884 times)

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
Re: MIRROR - To see the Obelisk of Thenial
« Reply #195 on: June 05, 2009, 01:56:41 PM »
I don't suppose it was possible for the Governor to grab the Pontiff as he ran out of the temple and bludgeon HIM unconscious.

Damned if the Governor is going to add the death of the Pontiff to the heap of shit already piled at his feet.

lol! As I said, do your thing and see what happens. Just because Bjørn has defined a part of the story doesn't mean it's over. However, talking about it OoC isn't going to get you anywhere.

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #196 on: June 05, 2009, 01:57:06 PM »
But Wallac would not sorry to disapoint you Niels.

Actually I thought from Libors last post before Bjørn transported us all back that Maire had changed her mind and tried to stop what she was doing. Unfortunately Bjørn thought otherwise. This is ultimately how I perceive Wallac and he was after all regent for a temple to a god with courage as a chief portifolio
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-Mieres & SAS/AV (Mark)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 15
« Reply #197 on: June 05, 2009, 02:01:21 PM »
lol! As I said, do your thing and see what happens. Just because Bjørn has defined a part of the story doesn't mean it's over. However, talking about it OoC isn't going to get you anywhere.

Good point - I just wondered as the IHH post ended with the Pontiff being dead.  I'll post at least something and let the dice fall where they may.
Every man has a price he will willingly accept, even for what he hoped never to sell. 

• Sovereign
« Reply #198 on: June 05, 2009, 02:02:07 PM »
I don't suppose it was possible for the Governor to grab the Pontiff as he ran out of the temple and bludgeon HIM unconscious.

Damned if the Governor is going to add the death of the Pontiff to the heap of shit already piled at his feet.

I think she it trying to tear a hole in the Veil.

Man the Baron of Serien is gonna be PISSED

Baron Zenneth - So Governor how did things go.

Governor Vamuel - Not well, got ambushed by Gnolls and stuck in the shadow world for a time - but we did learn some important information and managed to foil an assassination attempt against your spymaster and the regents got back alive.

Baron Zenneth - Well at least it ended well then.

Governor Vamuel - Yeah well go to go - Oh! I forgot, we also ripped a permanent hold into the Shadow World and let thousand of shambling undead into your realm.  Anyway drop me a line next time your in Seaward!"

Baron Zenneth - Wait - WHAT??!!!

Swap with his last statement
Governor Vamuel - Yeah well go to go - Oh! I forgot, we also ripped a permanent hold into the Shadow World and let thousand of shambling undead into your realm, getting a whole village drowned along with the Pontiff.  Anyway drop me a line next time your in Seaward!"

;D

His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Slide
« Reply #199 on: June 05, 2009, 02:03:39 PM »

Good point - I just wondered as the IHH post ended with the Pontiff being dead.  I'll post at least something and let the dice fall where they may.

Aye, just as Kasper has taken certain liberties with the story. So you can take liberties with his. Nothing like a good knock on the head to send a fellow to dreamland eh

What's with the quote function!? It's not supposed to include the reply in a quote on it's own... Strange
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 02:13:47 PM by DM Jon »

• Sovereign
« Reply #200 on: June 05, 2009, 02:05:19 PM »
Please don't - please just let him make his attempt to stop the undead tide

• Sovereign
« Reply #201 on: June 05, 2009, 02:06:43 PM »
Heh and seems I also got cursed for killing the Pontiff... What jerk did that? No don't tell  :P

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Slide
« Reply #202 on: June 05, 2009, 02:11:05 PM »
Please don't - please just let him make his attempt to stop the undead tide

Terribly sorry, you're going to have to live with what has happened and what you did or did not do. Live to do something about it, not die completely in vain so the sacrifice of all those people who served you and died was worthless. Haelyn does not want your death, he wants your willing and worthy service in life. As does Nesirie and Eloele of their priestesses.

So you screwed up? But at least you're alive and able to do something about what has transpired! Take heart from that and don't bother with the ignominy, it only lasts until you set it right!

• Sovereign
« Reply #203 on: June 05, 2009, 02:15:05 PM »
This stinks!

Shall I make a post where one of my templar clubs the Governor right before he does Wallac and let the Governor dream that hed succeeded and its only Wallac having a dream - its get rather impossible dont it?

• Sovereign
« Reply #204 on: June 05, 2009, 02:18:06 PM »
So you screwed up? But at least you're alive and able to do something about what has transpired! Take heart from that and don't bother with the ignominy, it only lasts until you set it right!

I just set it right - I joined those poor bastards beneath the waves and they would have had Wallac to look after them in the afterlife but for the interference from Mark and Jon. The villagers are probably better of though

• Sovereign
« Reply #205 on: June 05, 2009, 02:21:16 PM »
No wait Wallac club's Maire with a special tool called a "ret-con" - right back when the Governor could not stomach doing so and everything since has been a dream of Maire's - how is that?

Scene: Corpses lie on the beach and Maire lies in an old temple in the Shadow World. Standing over her is Wallac gleefully laughing. "Never saw that one comming now did ya?"

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #206 on: June 05, 2009, 02:21:44 PM »
Bah... that was an easy out Kasper! - I'd much better have liked to see the Pontiff live with the horror of his deeds.

Me too. Which is why the Guvner, being a high-level rogue and all, managed to sneak-attack him to oblivion...
DM Bjørn

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Slide
« Reply #207 on: June 05, 2009, 02:29:19 PM »
No wait Wallac club's Maire with a special tool called a "ret-con" - right back when the Governor could not stomach doing so and everything since has been a dream of Maire's - how is that?

Scene: Corpses lie on the beach and Maire lies in an old temple in the Shadow World. Standing over her is Wallac gleefully laughing. "Never saw that one comming now did ya?"

You were not allowed to retcon anything, I urged you to take the story from the point it had reached. Which obviously allowed the others to react to your actions as well.

• Former players
  • Noble
« Reply #208 on: June 05, 2009, 02:30:58 PM »
Me too. Which is why the Guvner, being a high-level rogue and all, managed to sneak-attack him to oblivion...

GO GO Sneak Attack Dice!  ;D
Every man has a price he will willingly accept, even for what he hoped never to sell. 

• Former players
  • Noble
« Reply #209 on: June 05, 2009, 02:38:20 PM »
You were not allowed to retcon anything, I urged you to take the story from the point it had reached. Which obviously allowed the others to react to your actions as well.

Actually I felt kinda bad about interfering personally - as it was kind of a poetic death.  The Governor though... well he sure as hell doesn't care about the poetics - he just cares about not having to explain the Pontiff's death on top of anything else