Author Topic: MIRROR - To see the Obelisk of Thenial  (Read 46927 times)

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Re: MIRROR - To see the Obelisk of Thenial
« Reply #180 on: June 05, 2009, 12:11:56 PM »
Anyone wants to go on an adventure involving A) Undead or B) The SW or C) Both?

They can sign up in the Governor's palace in Seaward... ::)
DM Bjørn

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #181 on: June 05, 2009, 12:16:18 PM »
All the priests present, save poor Celina, have lost their divine powers. You have helped, or did not try hard enough to prevent, a horde of undead from entering the Daylight World. An act more heinous or stupid would be hard to imagine. Penance is in order...surelythere must be acts of goodness that can wash away the stain upon your souls!?

I guess it cannot be any different but the use of undead was totally against my and my regents wishes. If for Bjørns statement that only entering the temple was near safe, Wallac would have fleed the village along with all that would follow.

That said I've found the adventure really entertaining - thanks to all for your part  :)
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

• Sovereign
« Reply #182 on: June 05, 2009, 12:17:36 PM »
Anyone wants to go on an adventure involving A) Undead or B) The SW or C) Both?

They can sign up in the Governor's palace in Seaward... ::)

Remember to bring along Maire or only one of the two things can be achieved  :D
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

• Sovereign
« Reply #183 on: June 05, 2009, 12:20:17 PM »
What are the consequences for a temple domain with a regent out of favour with the boss? Sadly I should think stability loss or perhaps even a forced change of leadership; That would surely make Archbishop Bellamie most happy.

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
« Reply #184 on: June 05, 2009, 12:23:23 PM »
It depends on the temple's current situation I would think - and whether it is a competitive temple. And on what the leader actually does.

• Sovereign
« Reply #185 on: June 05, 2009, 12:34:31 PM »
And I am sadly void of any ideas of what kind of action to take; but that could well be IC for Wallac - he is completely devastated. His erstwhile ally, the High Priestess of ETN, Maire, has committed the most gruesome attrocity, and if not exactly on purpose, then against all better judgement and utterly ignoring any interference. And a sleeping village paid for it with all but an infants life.

How can justice be served? Sadly I can not see any other way than the High Priestess must take responsebility for her acts though that wont bring back the dead [oh no I mean the dead villagers]

Damn it!

• Sovereign
« Reply #186 on: June 05, 2009, 12:42:42 PM »
I consider having Wallac escape Lachlans restrain and be dragged to the sea and drown together with the villagers - will such a retcon be possible?

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Slide
« Reply #187 on: June 05, 2009, 12:52:44 PM »
Well... She's guilty of doing the act, the rest of you priests are guilty of letting it happen and doing nothing to stop it. You knew what would happen if they got through to the real world...
 A certain amount of ignorance of what would actually happen, protects her from the full extent of the deed. But you don't play around with negative energy as a priest of a benevolent deity.

Thus there's no doubt that you should all take a long and hard talk with your deities. But how to get into contact with them? Holy quest time.

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Slide
« Reply #188 on: June 05, 2009, 12:57:08 PM »
I consider having Wallac escape Lachlans restrain and be dragged to the sea and drown together with the villagers - will such a retcon be possible?

I say go for it, run down from the temple roof, out the temple, down to the sea and see what happens.

• Sovereign
« Reply #189 on: June 05, 2009, 01:03:20 PM »
I can do that?

Say godbye to Wallac :-[

Offline X-EOM/SS (Marco)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 4
« Reply #190 on: June 05, 2009, 01:15:53 PM »
Bjorn has written

"All the priests present, save poor Celina, have lost their divine powers. You have helped, or did not try hard enough to prevent, a horde of undead from entering the Daylight World. An act more heinous or stupid would be hard to imagine. Penance is in order...surelythere must be acts of goodness that can wash away the stain upon your souls!?"

does this count also for Sarae, since her alignment?

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Slide
« Reply #191 on: June 05, 2009, 01:18:23 PM »
Bjorn has written

"All the priests present, save poor Celina, have lost their divine powers. You have helped, or did not try hard enough to prevent, a horde of undead from entering the Daylight World. An act more heinous or stupid would be hard to imagine. Penance is in order...surelythere must be acts of goodness that can wash away the stain upon your souls!?"

does this count also for Sarae, since her alignment?

Eloele is the goddess of thieves and the night, she's just as opposed to the undead as any of the goodie two shoes gods. So yeah, it counts for you as well.

Offline X-EOM/SS (Marco)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 4
« Reply #192 on: June 05, 2009, 01:18:23 PM »
Guys, this adventure was funny.

Kasper, Libor and Mark (in alphabeticcally order) and Bjorn/Jon, thanks a lot...

you were great

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
« Reply #193 on: June 05, 2009, 01:50:53 PM »
Bah... that was an easy out Kasper! - I'd much better have liked to see the Pontiff live with the horror of his deeds.
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-Mieres & SAS/AV (Mark)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 15
« Reply #194 on: June 05, 2009, 01:54:13 PM »
I don't suppose it was possible for the Governor to grab the Pontiff as he ran out of the temple and bludgeon HIM unconscious.

Damned if the Governor is going to add the death of the Pontiff to the heap of shit already piled at his feet. 
Every man has a price he will willingly accept, even for what he hoped never to sell.