Author Topic: Adventure #67 - To reach the other side (the Bonds...continuation)  (Read 43218 times)

Offline X-Points East

• Grand-Maester of the P&H
  • Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 15
Re: Adventure #67 - To reach the other side (the Bonds...continuation)
« Reply #120 on: June 12, 2010, 07:25:02 PM »

IC:

As the pale man glides toward Kaleiman, Elamien slides away from her companions, to examine, as subtly as possible, the shadowy areas along the colonnade.  When the mêlée commences, she proceeds more overtly, searching for any sign of movement or peculiarity of form.

However, when the word, 'Bloodsilver', reaches her ears, she immediately turns her attention, again, to the pale figure.  Seeing him land upon the sarcophagus, she moves a little further along the colonnade, that she might approach him from behind, whilst his attention is focused upon the Marshal and the High Hierophant.  But she does not forget the shadows, as she moves along the wall, ever searching,—ever ready,—for a second threat.

Offline X-LPA/Gaerred Khaiarén (Gray)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • High Hierophant Gaerred Khaiarén
« Reply #121 on: June 12, 2010, 07:31:57 PM »
Gaerred carefully takes the book - the most holy of artifacts - the very thing the god clamor to be returned; the very thing the Anuirean spirit calls and beckons to.

He opens it and...

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #122 on: June 12, 2010, 07:34:35 PM »
Gaerred carefully takes the book - the most holy of artifacts - the very thing the god clamor to be returned; the very thing the Anuirean spirit calls and beckons to.

He opens it and...

Finds holy scripture...in Old Andu, stabbed by a flaming sword, partially singed. What did you expect?
DM Bjørn

• Former players
  • Noble
« Reply #123 on: June 12, 2010, 07:41:18 PM »
Gaerred takes the time to hand the Book of Laws to the Pontiff, while speaking.

"Hold!" he calls out, holding up his hand and moving to back from the Grey Duke to deal within Lannelach's bleeding and hopefully, Kalieman's silence.

"Maetheander, why are we here!?"
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 07:43:33 PM by LPA/Gaerred Khaiarén (Gray) »

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #124 on: June 12, 2010, 07:47:36 PM »
"You ask me? I thought you were here to take the book and put me to rest!?"
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 08:06:13 PM by DM Bjorn »
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
« Reply #125 on: June 12, 2010, 07:51:50 PM »
Rashid moves with Gaerred to Tristans prone form, covering them both.

"Fine, maybe this is the guy..."
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

• Former players
  • Noble
« Reply #126 on: June 12, 2010, 07:54:33 PM »
"Why did you take the Book of Laws?" Gaerred says while stopping Lannelach's bleeding.

Offline X-Points East

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #127 on: June 12, 2010, 08:02:09 PM »

IC:

At some distance behind the pale figure on the sarcophagus, Elamien can be seen slipping cautiously through the doorway, directly opposite the one, through which the party entred the large, domed, room.

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #128 on: June 12, 2010, 08:18:11 PM »
On and on has he chanted the words "I am Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect for the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn, Pontiff for the Conclave of Temples but before anything else I am the servant of Haelyn and I can feel the presence of the All father within the essence of my soul. His book has been lost and must be found again. The Book of Law, most blessed relic of my Lord, and I must find it, for here is not its place to rest.

In reality he has charged himself with the essence of the divine and is already brimming with holy energy when he receives the Book of Law from Gaerred.

And overflows..  Something goes off within the Pontiff when he opens the Book of Law and he suddenly seems larger than normal [a kin to triggering Divine Wrath and Divine Aura at same time, as if the Andu bloodline of Wallacs respond to the touch of the book.]
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 08:36:42 PM by IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #129 on: June 12, 2010, 08:41:55 PM »
"It's a long story - which I have already offered to tell...only you wanted to play at swords."

Looking at Kaleiman: "If he tries to spell me again I kill him instead. And Elamien...I can hear your hair growing at a hundred paces...it's impolite to snoop. Not befitting a lady of your station."

DM Bjørn

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #130 on: June 12, 2010, 08:52:22 PM »
"A thief I name you and may you be struck down with Haelyns holy might come his Justice!"

Holding the Book of Law Wallac Smite their enemy with holy energy (could be something similar to Holy Smite Cleric lvl 4, possible boosted by the overflow of holy energy in my last post)
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #131 on: June 12, 2010, 09:04:00 PM »
Kaleiman uses the opportunity to conjure forth a sphere of pure sunlight - for he is not so helpless as he has led you to believe, having prepared several of his spells for just such a situation.

The pale man screams - partly in anguish, but mostly in anger.

"You will pay for this in blood!"
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Points East

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #132 on: June 12, 2010, 09:08:20 PM »

IC:

Elamien returns to the large chambre, at a slow run, her rapier at the ready.  She closes with Manethander from behind, careful to avoid any energy surging from the Pontiff in her general direction and noting the positions of her other companions, now that she is about to entre the fray.

"I would no sooner touch your belongings than your pale and ancient skin", says the woman, with disgust apparent in her voice.  "But my blade is far less squeamish."

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
« Reply #133 on: June 12, 2010, 09:14:41 PM »
Seeing Elamien come running, and the vampire turning away from Kaleiman and the burning light. Then seeing her, preparing for her charge...

Rashid springs forward, raising the Sunsword in both hands and with a loud yell he activates the Sunswords daylight ability too, making Elamien able to finish her charge while the vampire is blinded.

He then closes to melee to help flank the beast. Since he has been told that Manethander is not a true undead, perhaps he does still have organs to be pierced by a crafty rogue.
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #134 on: June 12, 2010, 09:15:32 PM »
Marshal Balter run to the side of the Pontiff, though how would stop the demon if it sought to attack the pontiff is unclear.
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded