Author Topic: The Bonds Would Break on the Eve of the Dead  (Read 4270 times)

Offline X-Points East

• Grand-Maester of the P&H
  • Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 15
The Bonds Would Break on the Eve of the Dead
« on: April 18, 2010, 10:20:09 AM »

OoC:

~Adventure #67~

« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 10:22:48 AM by Points East/EL (Brandon) »

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Re: The Bonds Would Break on the Eve of the Dead
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 08:33:33 PM »
Feel free to move this thing forward.

I believe we're presently in Elinie, early in the season, just shortly after the first cold rains of autumn...you know, the ones that come down from the north, from over the Grey Hills...
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 08:58:54 PM »
OOC:

The following IC message is sent to all members of the Conclave of Temples, all major landed regents and noted members of the Arcane sort.

IC:

Manethander, the Awnsheglien is poised to escape his prison by the Eve of the Dead this very fall.

He is using the power of the Book of Law, to break the bonds put in place by my ancestors so very long ago.

I have information that reveals that he commands a vast number of minions, whom he will be calling to him as the time of his release grows near.

This threat goes far beyond the devastation of Elinie. If he is unchecked, the force he will bring to bear will threaten all of Anuire.

As the Patriarch of Elinie, it is my duty to protect the people. In this case, that duty demands that I call upon all who are willing and able to make a difference in this struggle.

This call is directed to all temples who are members of the Conclave, all landed nobles who find themselves able to assist and all guilds of such a size that they have an interest in matters of state. - Wizards and other arcane masters of the Art are also most welcome.

This foe is expected to field might both of arms and magic. If you are able to assist, contact my court at earliest convenience, and state the form of assistance is within your power to provide.

Realm spells to weaken enemies of Light and bolster our allies are also sought.

Armies to check the enemy while we strike at the heart of the foe may also be needed beyond what Elinie fields alone.

May the Light of Reason guide us all.

Rashid ibn Daouta, Duke of Elinie

OOC:

You can contact me on nielsolsen989 at hotmail or post IC here. This thread will be an IC conversation between all those who check in to vanquish Manethander. When we get close to actually going out, we will switch to face to face IC talks.

If your information is deemed delicate, use private emails.

There is quite a bit of information that is unrevealed here, to be divulged as we progress.
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 09:10:15 PM »
I'll just note that the call goes 'global' and that there is no way for the enemy not to know of your intentions (but I suppose that was the case anyway).
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 09:11:13 PM »
Another note; it will take weeks and weeks for all these letters to be prepared, sent, received, processes, mulled over, etc.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 09:41:41 PM »
OOC:

People I expect to participate so far, in one form or another, listed in no particular order:

PETG
Mhoried
Haelyn's Aegis
IHH
LPA? - Surely they will not let us all burn?
Osoerde - One who seeks the Book vigorously
- Vassals? - Tshalen is missing, feared lost to darkness.
Maester Kaleiman - Court Mage of Elinie
The Sword Mage - The Mistress of Tornilen
Ghieste?
Roesone?
Coeranys?

Another note; it will take weeks and weeks for all these letters to be prepared, sent, received, processes, mulled over, etc.

Yes, I am hoping some other actions can be coordinated, but most will probably just send a few representatives for the actual raid. - If anything.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 12:18:47 AM by Elinie/RiD (Niels) »
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 09:48:42 PM »
A lot of these people are up in Shattered Hills shouting at each other, so we'll have to see how that goes first.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Points East

• Grand-Maester of the P&H
  • Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 15
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2010, 09:58:36 PM »

OoC:

An IC dispatch (which is sent to the Patriarchy of Elinie and to all of the domains, to which RiD's IC dispatch in http://roe.twilightpeaks.net/forum/index.php?topic=1075.msg11742#msg11742 was sent {excluding Points East, assuming it to have been amongst the recipients of the said RiD dispatch}) follows. . . .

IC:

Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta & All Interested Parties:

Greetings, from Ansien!

I shall personally participate in the campaign against Manethander and provide what information I can.

Look to the East!

Elamien Lamier
Guildmaster, Points East

« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 10:38:44 PM by Points East/EL (Brandon) »

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2010, 12:12:15 AM »
Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta

Your Grace,

Recovering the Book of Law and defeating the undeads and their lord the Grey Duke is of the uttermost importance,

I come in person bringing my most able assistants, Archbishop Bellamie of Roesone, Lachlan the elven Eldritch Knight, Rogal Destar my personal assistant and my personal bodyguard, IHH templars consisting of 2 Crack units of Dragoons & 2 Crack units Armsmen (mounted).

We start marching tommorow on the first day autum marching from Ghoried to Fairfield, then by road to Bellamie, to Banaro, to Bhalaene, to Achiese, to Chalseden (OoC: Avoiding the Greyhills. Not entirely sure of how the map works)

In faith

Wallac Isilviere
Pontiff CoT
High Prefect IHH"

« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 12:39:09 AM by IHH/Pontiff Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2010, 09:04:53 AM »
Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta

Your Grace,

Recovering the Book of Law and defeating the undeads and their lord the Grey Duke is of the uttermost importance,

I come in person bringing my most able assistants, Archbishop Bellamie of Roesone, Lachlan the elven Eldritch Knight, Rogal Destar my personal assistant and my personal bodyguard, IHH templars consisting of 2 Crack units of Dragoons & 2 Crack units Armsmen (mounted).

We start marching tommorow on the first day autum marching from Ghoried to Fairfield, then by road to Bellamie, to Banaro, to Bhalaene, to Achiese, to Chalseden (OoC: Avoiding the Greyhills. Not entirely sure of how the map works)

In faith

Wallac Isilviere
Pontiff CoT
High Prefect IHH"

I think we can drop phrasing like 'first day of autumn' etc. and let it be slightly more fluid; by the time any word has reached the Pontiff, and a reply been sent back, weeks of autumn will already have passed. So by instead using terms like 'early' and 'as quickly as we can' etc. we can save us a lot of headaches later on.
DM Bjørn

• Sovereign
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2010, 11:08:17 PM »
Somewhere near the province of Bellamie IHH will cast a couple of realm magic spells on friendly army units: Vestment of the Gods (3rd lvl) and Aid the Righteous (2nd lvl) on our 4 units. I can bless 5 units more if they meet me in the province of Bellamie around 4th or 5th war move. Please let me know if you are interested
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

• Sovereign
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2010, 07:38:06 PM »
RoE Diplomacy IHH - dwarves of B-A regarding silver weapons for 4 unit (copy send by email as well)

"Long beards and artisans of metal under the mountain,

Please excuse me if I fail to address you in the fashion of your people. This is done out of knowledge of how to do it and not disrespect. I honour the ancients and traditions bound with doing the work of ones forebears and would like nothing better than to show you and your people the respect you are due.

I am in dire need of the skills of you and your people. My temple have gathered all its might and all our most skilled templars and are moving to challenge the servants of the Grey Duke. Undeads and worse. Shadow spawn enemy of all good and living. Law and order must be preserved and the daylight world need to be defended. The Grey Duke have abducted the most holy of holy artifacts for our god Haelyn, The All Father ancient Paladin of light enemy of the Shadow.

My templars need silverweapons to be able to hurt the unnatural beasts fighting for the Grey Duke. We will be honored if the dwarves most skilled artisans and smiths of weapons would allow us to use weapons made by you. Needless to say we will gladly offer whatever compensation covering the expenses and work as well as a suiteable gift signaling the esteem we as warriors place in the abilities of the best weaponsmiths of Anuire.

My units are moving out as we speak so time is an issue. My men numbers not much below 1000!

In fath and with respect

Wallace Isilviere
Pontiff CoT
High Prefect"

« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 07:56:38 PM by IHH/Pontiff Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2010, 11:04:53 PM »
Diplomacy can only be initiated if parties agree; please dispatch using e-mail.
DM Bjørn

• Sovereign
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2010, 11:11:03 PM »
Dispatch send. More or less same content but send as dispatch and suggesting diplomacy among the other stuff

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2010, 01:06:45 PM »
This 'adventure' thread got filled with clutter; moved to the Great Beyond and locked. I'll start a new thread when you're actually ready to adventure.
DM Bjørn