Author Topic: Deathwatch Online Game - Gauging Interest  (Read 3255 times)

Offline X-Tornilen/SM (Alexander)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 22
  • Duchess Marya Tanar
Deathwatch Online Game - Gauging Interest
« on: December 27, 2010, 06:41:27 PM »
So, I've gotten ahold of a pdf of the deathwatch rules. So far it is a dubiously legal copy, but after skimming the rules it looks solid enough that I am going to purchase it.

Anyway, I don't quite have the time to set up a face to face table top game with deathwatch, but I would be very interested in playing a game over skype or similar online voice communication. Likely supplemented by rp tools or something else that at least provides a white board.

Now, an important thing to me is that this would be with rotating gms. At least one other guy who is interested in gm'ing as well as playing would be a necessity. I want to play as well as gm. Other than that, I am very open.

So, would anyone here on the forums be interested in playing in an online deathwatch game? Using voice communication of some kind.

For those not in the know, Deathwatch is the newest Warhammer 40k roleplaying game from Fantasy Flight Games. It looks very solid and the rules are fairly tight. We have a pdf of the rules, which I am willing to share, on the condition that those getting it promise to either delete it or buy if after playing in the game for a while.

As for schedule, I would be interested in european time zones, with a weekly or biweekly schedule.
Marya Tanar, The Sword Mage
Duchess and Mage of Tornilen

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
Re: Deathwatch Online Game - Gauging Interest
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 07:06:13 PM »
I'm interested in joining :)

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 08:10:21 PM »
I can be tempted, but am on the verge of launching my own GMing effort, so only as a player.

- One advantage of doing it online could be that there can be a larger pool of players, and the missions might involve different ones in the same campaign world.

So, GM 1 says, this saturday I have time to play a mission scenario. It will take 5 hours. I need 4 players. - Then 4 players buy in and they play the mission. The GM then post the run onto the forum, and makes adjustments to the persistent world if events in the mission warrants it. (fx. character deaths)

Work?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 08:14:12 PM by Elinie/RiD (Niels) »
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 08:25:00 PM »
You could always shop around Dark Reign for players; though I cannot vouch for the quality you get:

http://darkreign40k.com/drjoomla/forum/
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 08:25:54 PM »
I would have liked to have played an angst-ridden Dark Angel...but alas, no time...
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Tornilen/SM (Alexander)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 22
  • Duchess Marya Tanar
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 08:40:08 PM »
That's a good idea Niels. I am already imaging a sub-forum here, with an inquisitorial command subforum (for those gm'ing) and some mission reports. Hmm... might be possible to tie it in with Bjørn's campaign :D

Just brainstorming here.

And about the gm rotation thing - I just want one other guy to take up the gm mantle, besides me. I want opportunities for play as well.

As for what the campaign could be about, there is a series of adventures for deathwatch about a crusade in the region of space that is the focus for the fantasy flight games books. It would be a solid start I think.
Marya Tanar, The Sword Mage
Duchess and Mage of Tornilen