Author Topic: Recent events in Thenial  (Read 8406 times)

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
Recent events in Thenial
« on: July 12, 2009, 03:46:33 PM »
Reading the Status Report I find no indications that the massive undead horde released during the adventure to the Obelisk is public knowledge nor the loss of divine powers of all priest present (please correct me if I am wrong).

Thus I assume that all knowledge of such things is not known IC unless told by one of those present by dispatch or somehow f2f IC.

Leaving out secret sources given in returned DO/Secret or otherwise it should be a well kept secret for now ::)

His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
Re: Recent events in Thenial
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 04:29:06 PM »
All quite correct

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 09:23:59 AM »
Imagine this:

A small fishing community in Morocco is wiped out...would this be news in the great courts of Europe?

No  :)
DM Bjørn

Offline X-ETN/Maire Cwyllmie (Libor)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 12
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 10:12:36 AM »
Yes. And moreover that massacre can be easily attributed to forces of Red Wind rampaging in Thenial at the same time.

But I expect that rumours will spread out soon. Like: Cwyllmie, Pontiff and other priests in service of Red Wind sacrificed all populace of big town to dark gods they have sworn their own souls to. And then raised them as undead to bind them in eternal servitude to evil and to reinforce armies of Red Wind. Only swift action of valiant governor, who beat Pontiff unconscious and chased the undead to sea, prevented catastrophe for all Anuire.  ;)

Offline X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 22
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 10:44:58 AM »
Only if someone from your adventuring group spills his beans... As I understand it, you and a single traumatized child are the only survivors.

More evil people might at this point wish to kill of henchmen to avoid excactly such a problem  ::)

Offline X-Tuornen/LF (Geir)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • Laela Flaertes, Duchess of Tuornen
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 10:50:19 AM »
ooc:
Thanks for this sum-up. As it is not ic to me I have not taken the time to read much.

Cwyllmie, Pontiff and other priests in service of Red Wind sacrificed all populace of big town to dark gods they have sworn their own souls to. And then raised them as undead to bind them in eternal servitude to evil and to reinforce armies of Red Wind. Only swift action of valiant governor, who beat Pontiff unconscious and chased the undead to sea, prevented catastrophe for all Anuire.[/i]  ;)
Laela Flaertes, By the Grace of Haelyn Duchess of Tuornen

- Geir
Tuornen / LF

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 11:09:17 AM »
It was not a sum up from Libor - it was kind of a joke;

the point is the rest of the world dont really know about what took place yet and when they do it may not exactly be the truth they get to know.
The one who did set 3000 undead free in the world and as a consequence had them butcher a whole village was ETN's High Priest Cwyllmie.
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-Tuornen/LF (Geir)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • Laela Flaertes, Duchess of Tuornen
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 11:13:43 AM »
It was not a sum up from Libor - it was kind of a joke;

ooc:
;-)
Laela Flaertes, By the Grace of Haelyn Duchess of Tuornen

- Geir
Tuornen / LF

• Former players
  • Noble
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2009, 01:07:04 PM »
ooc:
Thanks for this sum-up. As it is not ic to me I have not taken the time to read much.

Cwyllmie, Pontiff and other priests in service of Red Wind sacrificed all populace of big town to dark gods they have sworn their own souls to. And then raised them as undead to bind them in eternal servitude to evil and to reinforce armies of Red Wind. Only swift action of valiant governor, who beat Pontiff unconscious and chased the undead to sea, prevented catastrophe for all Anuire.[/i]  ;)

Oh no! That was a RUMOUR. The truth is this: When governor Vaumel, pontiff Isilviere, Sarae Sommelin and various other priests were on their way back from their pleasant trip from Obelisk, they stopped at big fishing village for the night. At that night, hordes of Red Wind's zombies attacked the village. Adventurers cowardly fled to safety of the local temple, only women of ETN led by Maire Cwyllmie herself defended the villagers, managing to save many, especially children. Celina Geren, paladin of ETN sacrificed her life and Cwyllmie escaped death only narrowly. When all villagers vere killed by the abominations or in brought to safety, head of ETN called upon powers of sea itself, which in great splash washed the entire undead army under the waves never to release them again. That certainly saved all Mieres from disaster from hands of those horrible plague. Many more lives could be saved had other adventurers intervened. Instead of it they engaged in pointless quarrels leading even to fist fight between Vaumel and Isilviere in the sacred place!

And that is really the pure and only truth. Believe me  ;)

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2009, 01:13:49 PM »
Libor, I'm in awe of your ability to keep finding deeper holes to jump in.  Since everyone knows Nesirie is a goddess of misinformation and butt-covering, that should have your casting powers back in no time.

Wait, no.  I'm thinking of Eloele.  Interested in switching teams?

Advantage: dark goddess!

Offline X-Mieres & SAS/AV (Mark)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 15
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2009, 05:07:29 PM »

Actually:

Advantage: Non-Priest Regents who have enough information to blackmail all the others. (Translation: I OWN YOU ALL ... MUAHAHAHAHA)
Every man has a price he will willingly accept, even for what he hoped never to sell. 

Offline X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 22
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2009, 05:52:26 PM »

Actually:

Advantage: Non-Priest Regents who have enough information to blackmail all the others. (Translation: I OWN YOU ALL ... MUAHAHAHAHA)

Wait... So, you've personally witnessed one person calling forth thousands of undead creatures, sacrifice a village and her own servants... and you want to blackmail her!? Are you sure your not just throwing rocks at ancient objects of power once more? :o

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2009, 06:53:23 PM »
"Let me get this straight.  You believe that your employer, one of the richest, most powerful men in the world, is secretly a masked vigilante who spends his nights beating hardened criminals to a pulp with his fists... and your plan is to blackmail him?   *smile*  Good luck with that."

Offline X-Ghieste & HOT/GH (Matt)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 38
  • Duke Ghorien Hiriele of Ghieste, Guilder of H/OT
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2009, 07:11:14 PM »
"Let me get this straight.  You believe that your employer, one of the richest, most powerful men in the world, is secretly a masked vigilante who spends his nights beating hardened criminals to a pulp with his fists... and your plan is to blackmail him?   *smile*  Good luck with that."

Yeah that sounds like it might be a short term theory. One that concludes in death.  ;D
His Grace Ghorien Hiriele,
Duke of Ghieste,
Grand-Maester of the Highland/Overland Traders,
Viscount of Whyrthe.
Down Right Evil Bastard!

• Former players
  • Noble
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2009, 09:09:44 PM »
Wait, no.  I'm thinking of Eloele.  Interested in switching teams?

Not dark enough.