Author Topic: Still Here!  (Read 3187 times)

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
Still Here!
« on: April 29, 2011, 11:14:00 PM »
I have now survived being inside an F5 tornado.  Do I get a prize?

...Can the prize be never having that happen again?

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Re: Still Here!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 07:29:12 AM »
Yes you can have a prize - and you can have not having it happen to you ever again!
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Coeranys/WD (Greg)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 4
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 06:17:00 PM »
I have now survived being inside an F5 tornado.  Do I get a prize?

...Can the prize be never having that happen again?

Inside?!?!???   Sheez!  Where were you?
William Deaulen
Baron of Coeranys
Count of Caudraight

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 06:05:58 AM »
I am glad you survived
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 05:18:46 PM »

Linen closet.  Best we had.  Next house I get in a tornado region is going to have a friggin BOMB SHELTER under it.

I live in Pleasant Grove, AL, USA.  We had an F5 track clear across three states last week and tore the hell out of our area.  My wife and I were fine - pretty minimal damage to our place, actually - but there's a track about a third of a mile from our house that's a quarter mile wide where there's nothing but rubble and foundations.  It was... we'll go with exciting.  That sounds better than "Well, I didn't piss myself, at least."  The really fun part was the series of 100-ft pine trees in our back yard snapping in half and missing the house by about 5 feet.

Moral of the story: Tornadoes are bad and should not be taunted, lest they become enraged and charge you.

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 10:09:57 PM »
Looking on the positive side, you now have plenty of wood handy for barbecue's  :-\

Glad to hear that you are ok, hope the neighbours are too.  As the player of a priest character I should note that a) you should give thanks for your well-being and b) the gods move in mysterious and frequently extremely violent ways  :P
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

Offline X-ETN/Maire Cwyllmie (Libor)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 12
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 10:56:34 AM »

Linen closet.  Best we had.  Next house I get in a tornado region is going to have a friggin BOMB SHELTER under it.

I live in Pleasant Grove, AL, USA.  We had an F5 track clear across three states last week and tore the hell out of our area.  My wife and I were fine - pretty minimal damage to our place, actually - but there's a track about a third of a mile from our house that's a quarter mile wide where there's nothing but rubble and foundations.  It was... we'll go with exciting.  That sounds better than "Well, I didn't piss myself, at least."  The really fun part was the series of 100-ft pine trees in our back yard snapping in half and missing the house by about 5 feet.

Moral of the story: Tornadoes are bad and should not be taunted, lest they become enraged and charge you.

It is nice to see you don't lose spirit even when faced with real danger. Keep it up, man.