Author Topic: Adventure #63 - To see the Obelisk of Thenial  (Read 16521 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline X-Mieres & SAS/AV (Mark)

  • Former players
  • Noble
  • ****
  • Posts: 282
  • Regency: 15
  • Gender: Male
Re: To see the Obelisk of Thenial
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2009, 06:29:56 pm »
The Governor speaks slowly, clearly trying to wrap his own mind around what he is thinking,

"But we have a piece of it - right here.   Remember when the Obelisk reformed - there must have been hundreds of thousands of shards in the maelstrom, maybe more - and each and everyone one of them reformed upon Sarae's plea - save one.

The shard that struck Lady Faieme.  It did not reform into the Obelisk.  Out of the millions of shards - this lone piece remained separate - we still have it.  I can not think that just a mere coincidence. 

We can not move the Obelisk your holiness - but we can take the shard with us.  If it is stilled tied to the power of the Obelisk - perhaps we can use it to channel its power elsewhere - and get us out of damnable place."
Every man has a price he will willingly accept, even for what he hoped never to sell. 

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

  • Sovereign
  • ******
  • Posts: 1.607
  • Regency: 18
  • Gender: Male
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
Re: To see the Obelisk of Thenial
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2009, 07:03:49 pm »
Govenor your genious surpass us all!

Indeed we have that little part of the Obelisk with us.

Perhaps it can be used to open a shadowgate far away from the gnolls? Or to open only a tiny little shadowgate through which we can peek or send a message through so military units can be send to the Obelisk.

Shauna what use can we put the shard to?



« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 07:11:28 pm by IHH/Pontiff Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline DM B

  • Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • *
  • Posts: 5.210
  • Regency: 51
  • Gender: Male
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Re: To see the Obelisk of Thenial
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2009, 07:19:58 pm »
The shard plan does not bear fruit. Several 'days' later you are slowly making your way north, towards the border of Thenial, and the hope that you might find an entrance into the Daylight World.

Other than the general hardship of travel and the need to find water and at least some food, you suffer no harm at all. Or rather, no physical harm. In terms of the mind the extended stay in this place is beginning to wear on the men.

Lady Faieme is feeling better, not much, but enough that she can be carried along without too much discomfort.

Shauna:

We are getting nowhere. This is the third time we pass the same spot. Although it might look different to the rest of you, it is not. It has the same magical signature...we are lost...or trapped.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

  • Sovereign
  • ******
  • Posts: 1.607
  • Regency: 18
  • Gender: Male
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
Re: To see the Obelisk of Thenial
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2009, 07:45:40 pm »
The same magical signature? Do you mean we are still close to the Obelisk?

Sarae & Maire is that also your oppinion?

Perhaps it is time to try some divinations after all. I know I myself said they are limited by the Shadow World but if the four of us join hands we may work on a greater effect than usual - perhaps enough to penetrate the Shadow Worlds inherent resistence towards divinations


Maire, Wallac, Maire and Shauna join hands to increase the effect of their divinations

[OoC: I dont think there are any other npc priests present but if there are they shall join as well]
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 07:50:39 pm by IHH/Pontiff Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

  • Sovereign
  • ******
  • Posts: 1.607
  • Regency: 18
  • Gender: Male
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
Re: To see the Obelisk of Thenial
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2009, 02:15:50 am »
Having joined hands the priest’s divinations seems to be able to penetrate the fog that but for Shauna keen senses had clouded the minds of everybody else and so progress can be made and this time for real.
The trip is not a gentle walk in the countryside, though. The trees in this part of the Shadow World are enormous, leaning over the party, and immense trunks of decayed trees lies on the ground leaving the feeling of foreboding. In short the atmosphere here is oppressive; there is a feeling of being watched. The fear that slowly creeps into everyone's mind from the knowledge of being aliens to this world won’t be suppressed.

The Sidhe of IHH, Lannelah Lachlan, instructs everybody to stay close and keep the formation. He then gestures with his hands and some kind of shadowy energy lingers between his two hands for a short while gathering strength before spreading out from him in all directions almost disappearing at the perimeter of the party. The feeling of being watched quickly fades and the oppressive feeling only but lingers weakly in the back of the minds.

For a while it seems the party succeeds in making real progress to Mieres
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-Mieres & SAS/AV (Mark)

  • Former players
  • Noble
  • ****
  • Posts: 282
  • Regency: 15
  • Gender: Male
Re: To see the Obelisk of Thenial
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2009, 02:26:27 am »
The next break in the march the Governor approaches Isilviere and takes hold of him by the arm pulling him away for a moment.  "Your Holiness, if I may have a moment of your time." He asks.

When they are far enough away from the others he leans over and whispers into the Pontiff's ear as not to be heard.  "We may have a problem - or, more specifically I may know the source of our problem but I need your trust and I need a moment's discretion.  Do not do or act in any way differently but be prepared to order your own men and the Priestess into action if all hell breaks loose." He pauses for a moment and lowers his voice even further so that the Pontiff himself has to strain to hear him.

The Baron's men can not necessarily be trusted."

With that he moves to Captain Oeberon and discusses something with him and then moves on to Lady Faieme with Oeberon and a few of his men ensuring their privacy.
Every man has a price he will willingly accept, even for what he hoped never to sell. 

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

  • Sovereign
  • ******
  • Posts: 1.607
  • Regency: 18
  • Gender: Male
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
Re: To see the Obelisk of Thenial
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2009, 08:00:17 am »
Promted by the Govenors words Wallac ask the why he suspect the Baron's men may not be trutworthy
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-ETN/Maire Cwyllmie (Libor)

  • Former players
  • Noble
  • ****
  • Posts: 331
  • Regency: 12
Re: To see the Obelisk of Thenial
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2009, 10:00:43 am »
After pondering for a while Maire speaks to other regents:
"I think that the real reason we get lost is that we don't really know where we are going. We just wander aimlessly in our minds and here in this world it just took physical form. So we need clear immediate objective to aim for. And it shall be the sea. We need to get to coast and then go along the coast as it is the safest route."

Then she speaks to companions in a strong and captivating voice and inspires them to set out to journey with renewed vigour once more. She gestures theatrically in the direction she anticipates the sea and instills in the hearts and minds desire to get there:
"Sea will lead us, we can't get lost.
Sea will feed us, will be our host"


Excited murmurs arose among companions "... yes, sea ... there  ... lets get out of those forest ..." and soon the whole expedition is on the way with new spirit and eager anticipation.

And one 'day' later governor's men bring surprising news. Sea is near, we are almost there. Is it possible? We must have been pretty close already. Or did our desire and purpose get us here? Sure Shadow World works in its own ways.

Soon the whole party is standing at the top of low cliff above the sea with lower coast to the left and right. And there on the left side is a beach and ... VILLAGE?

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

  • Sovereign
  • ******
  • Posts: 1.607
  • Regency: 18
  • Gender: Male
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
Re: To see the Obelisk of Thenial
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2009, 03:15:29 pm »
The Pontiff gladly follow Maire's lead towards the coast; afterall that was our original plan and seeing how well it work he is never the less as surprised as everyone else but Maire upon setting his eyes on the village.

"Govenor pray tell what village can that be? And bear in mind it may well be but the memory of a vilage from ages past - or perhaps a village never of the Daylight World - one native to the Shadow World though as far as I know the Fey's usually live in the woods so them I surely cannot be. Who live there?"
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-Mieres & SAS/AV (Mark)

  • Former players
  • Noble
  • ****
  • Posts: 282
  • Regency: 15
  • Gender: Male
Re: To see the Obelisk of Thenial
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2009, 03:27:55 pm »
Promted by the Govenors words Wallac ask the why he suspect the Baron's men may not be trutworthy

The Governor pauses for a moment, slightly annoyed that his instructions are not simply being followed. 

He gives the Pontiff one last looks and whispers "Because one of them is an assassin that has already tried to kill Faieme once and I don't know about the others - but I will know the reason why." He then continues on to where Faieme is resting.
Every man has a price he will willingly accept, even for what he hoped never to sell. 

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

  • Sovereign
  • ******
  • Posts: 1.607
  • Regency: 18
  • Gender: Male
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
Re: To see the Obelisk of Thenial
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2009, 08:32:48 pm »
The Pontiffs face reveal no emotions on getting that piece of information nor the governors almost undetectable annoyance

"I need you to tell me more if not now then soon. I need to know the details"
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-ETN/Maire Cwyllmie (Libor)

  • Former players
  • Noble
  • ****
  • Posts: 331
  • Regency: 12
Re: To see the Obelisk of Thenial
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2009, 10:52:40 am »
Maire turns to Shauna as if suddenly remembering something. "Is it so, that the shard of Obelisk we have exists simultaneously in Shadow World and in our plane as well? If yes then I fear we can be traced on the other side of the Veil. On the other hand, in such a case it can be the key component to our way home."

Offline X-EOM/SS (Marco)

  • Former players
  • Noble
  • ****
  • Posts: 313
  • Regency: 4
  • Gender: Male
Re: To see the Obelisk of Thenial
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2009, 11:50:47 am »
Sarae Somellin has examined the Obelisk's shard for a long period during the travel..She has thought more and more and then she has reached to her conclusion.

She asks to her regent companions, Arron, Maire and Wallac to leave the column for a while with her.

Then she looks to them and says

"I'll speak directly...this rock is not a shard of the Obelisk, its and obsidian rock shaped to act as a dagger. Green-eyes had told me he had already seen weapons like this among assassins but he cannot trace who's the assassin among us..."

Offline X-ETN/Maire Cwyllmie (Libor)

  • Former players
  • Noble
  • ****
  • Posts: 331
  • Regency: 12
Re: To see the Obelisk of Thenial
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2009, 07:02:53 pm »
Maire stares in disbelief at Sarae for a moment, but then scouts arrive from the "village" and her attention is turned elsewhere. Scouts are reporting that "village" is deserted and no one is near.

Soon all can see for themselves. Handful of houses built in a strange style from wood and stones and in contrast finely made basin from smooth boulders, which is fed by a small stream from forest and empties itself to the sea. And then there are few other things. All the houses are just too small to fit to a man. And everything looks like the inhabitants left just before a while. Captain Oberon assures that there is nobody else in the vicinity and no trails leading into forest. The only trails lead to the beach near the village and then straight to the sea. Everything seems so tranquil yet people shiver with uneasy feeling of impropriety. Like if sea was watching them.

"It is odd" speaks Maire "but i recognize the location. In our world there is a Nesirie's temple here." Then shakes her head "probably mere coincidence".

Then to regents:
"What now? shall we stay and look around or continue along the coast? And how far? When we are to turn west for Brenlie? Can anyone say what is our immediate goal now? Because if we don't know, we will probably get lost like we did before."

Offline DM B

  • Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • *
  • Posts: 5.210
  • Regency: 51
  • Gender: Male
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Re: To see the Obelisk of Thenial
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2009, 07:24:26 pm »
The village, which upon closer inspection appears quite large, looks like it was abandoned only yesterday...everything is fresh and neat, there is even unspoiled food here, and one of the fireplaces is actually almost warm...but where are the people? From the tracks it would appear that they boarded small boats and sailed away.

As for temples...there IS a temple here as well, which at first glance looks like a temple of Nesirie...but a closer look reveals the truth - it is a temple of Masela, the dead goddess of the sea. Anyway, although the village appears well-maintained, it isn't new...but feels rather old.

Bet that as it may, this is the most pleasant spot you've seen so far. There is even a hint of a setting sun far away across the sea, to the east...
DM Bjørn