Author Topic: Adventure #63 - To see the Obelisk of Thenial  (Read 16516 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

  • Sovereign
  • ******
  • Posts: 1.607
  • Regency: 18
  • Gender: Male
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
Adventure #63 - To see the Obelisk of Thenial
« on: May 26, 2009, 10:30:37 pm »
1.

Assuming all players and DM accepts I will copy-paste from adventures mail thread and here. I wait for permission. Should permission come I will take the last post in mail thread and put in bottom of 7. and then work backwards finishing te task by putting the first IC entries at the top of this thread.

Feel free

Having the permission I have started with the last entries - for all I care the adventure can carry on while I work my way back to the start.

[Done: Adventure can continue in this thread. Everything should be posted including now apparently irrelevant OoC from myself and others.

Please post me if anything is missing or put in the wrong order and I'll fix it. Bjørn & Jon can do as they will - I dont know to what extend they can controll forum
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 09:20:42 pm by DM Bjørn »
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

  • Sovereign
  • ******
  • Posts: 1.607
  • Regency: 18
  • Gender: Male
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
Re: To see the Obelisk of Thenial
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 10:31:31 pm »
Bjørn:
You’ve all gathered in Serien, which is a good jumping of point for the expedition.

Mhistecai has sent her lieutenant Shauna Nolan to represent her; this former cleric of Nesirie is also quite knowledgeable with regards to the arcane, and supposedly some form of apprentice (to Mhistecai). In addition there is a body-guard of knights led by Ser Fedéren Cerien, another high-ranking official.

Baron Zenneth is sending along a small contingent of knights as well as Daerla Faieme – supposedly the late Baron’s spymaster.

The rest will have to speak for themselves.


IHH:
Wallac Isilviere bring along a bodyguard of 20 templars and a henchman seemingly of sidhe origins. Some kind of mix between Sorcerer and Eldritch Knight (in a Haelyn temple!)

[OoC: KoH offered assistance for adventures and since no other CoT adventure seems to come up and running I'll ask him to join this one

Oops forgot to add him as CC]


ETN:
Maire Cwyllmie brings with her 15 female bodyguards under command of paladin Celina Geren.

"May I suggest we gather in Serien ETN temple for a prayer and little protective ritual before ve leave on our way?"


EOM:
Sarae Somellin has brought with her two of her henchmen: Welton (you'll find a description of him in the forum at the following link http://roe.twilightpeaks.net/forum/index.php?topic=297.0) and another young man with a mask from which one can only see two bautiful green-eyes. 15 armed men of EOM guards will escort her.
 
Sarae adresses politely all the regents, the, to ETN's High Priestess
 
"I'm glad you joined us."


KoH Dispatch to IHH:

Your Imperial Holiness,

I've already committed to travelling to Northern Alamie to try and put down the undead menace there.  You asked me to join you, I have to decline.  I recognize your authority, if you order me to go, I will, but Alamie is closer to home, and its a problem that's been troubling my neighbor for a long time.

Your Servant, Guy de Nichalier

IHH Dispatch to KoH:
"Grand Maester,

In this regard I give you no orders. I was under the impression you where uncommitted and on standby and thus I asked you to join.

I hope we will be of enough strength for the Obelisk.

Good luck with putting down the undead menace in Alamie.


In faith

Wallac Isilviere
High Prefect IHH
Pontiff CoT"


Mieres & SAS/AV:
The Governor attends with 20 or so men lead by a man he addresses as Captain Oeberon.   They do not give the appearance of regular men-at-arms.

The Governor himself is dressed lightly in studded leather, and a dark grey cloak for travel through the wilderness, a number of small daggers and a short sword strapped to his waist.  He seems surprised to see the Pontiff gathered among the travelling party but he pays him due respect.

He nods to the other leaders and representatives of the powers within Mieres and smiles wryly.  "One big happy family then."

"Please allow me to introduce Captain Oeberon.  He will be with us to ensure that we don't fall prey to any nasty suprises along the way.  I would caution that although the Gnolls were thwarted last season they were not wiped out, but scattered into the wilderness."

"Are we ready to proceed then?"

EOM:
Sarae Somellin gladly welcomes the arrival of the Governor and of his men.
 
she watches all of her companions and she said
 
"I can start whenver you want"


IHH:
The Pontiff gives the govenor a curt nod.

"Yes I believe we are ready to proceed"

[OoC: If I am not mistaken we number around 100 people bodyguards including]
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 11:13:50 pm by IHH/Pontiff Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

  • Sovereign
  • ******
  • Posts: 1.607
  • Regency: 18
  • Gender: Male
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
Re: To see the Obelisk of Thenial
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 10:33:41 pm »
Bjørn:
A week later you are deep in the forested and rugged interior of Thenial; it takes time to move such a large party as yours – there may be security in numbers, but there is no speed, nor secrecy. You have left behind the relative civilization of Serien and Dhalier, and are now deep in a land untouched by human hands. And unless you’re a deer or a goblin, there are no tracks or trails here either. But you have guides skilled in woodcraft and knowledgeable about the region, and there is no question about getting lost. Nor are the warm woods of Mieres in autumn unpleasant to travel through, they are dry and warm, but you have plenty of rations and water, and suffer no hardship.

 

Seeing as both the EOM and Mhi knows where to find the Obelisk, that also proves quite unproblematic, and you arrive without incident.

 

It is a strange thing this Obelisk. It towers a hundred feet above the ground, and probably a good piece buried in the dirt as well, a massive shard of darkest obsidian. It appears not to have been worked by any tool, yet it does have a certain shape to it, a certain geometrical symmetry that the eyes finds pleasing, one that draws the attention of the weak-willed and keep them looking at it, seeking to find hidden patterns in the darkness…already several of those who have travelled here with you are staring at it, oblivious to their surroundings…

 

Within thirty feet of the Obelisk nothing grows, and beyond that radius only some hardy mosses cover the ground…and every tree within half a mile looks sickened or dead, but covered by vines and lichen that seem to thrive well enough. Those of you that fashion yourselves men of reason wonder suddenly for how long the Obelisk has sat here – not forever, or the trees would be all de dead and rotted, not just sickened…something to take into account.

IHH:
Wallac thinking out loud remark to his Sidhe companion that another possibility is perhaps the Obelisk has changed recently - or the use of the Obelisk has. The trees surely hold some kind of key to unlocking parth of the mystery about the Obelisk.

Regardless I dont think wantom starring directly at the Obelisk for prolonged time is healthy.

Wallac instructs his bodyguards to take care not to keep starring at the huge obsidian stone. Then he turns to the others.

"May I suggest everybody take care not to starre at the Obelisk for too long"


Mieres & SAS/AV:
The Governor shakes his head for a moment and rubs his eyes he scowls for a moment and mutters something to himself.  He moves to Captain Oeberon and comments;

"We may be here for some time, and I suspect we left a trial through the wilderness obvious enough for a blind man to find.  Perhaps it best to send some men into the surrounding area to ensure nothing is sneaking up on us while we investigate."

EOM:
Sare Somellin agrees to both suggestion of the Pontiff and the Governor...


ETN:
Maire scans the obelisk and its surroundings with all detection magic at her disposal (OOC: Detect Evil is of particular importance).

"Perhaps it is the time , dear Sarae,  you can finally tell us. What ways did you plan to use this Obelisk in?"


EOM:
"For now I only want to secure the area and then EOM will start to build right near a Chapel to Eloèle."
 
OOC: I'll be out until monday morning. If Bjorn and Jon need, they can freely move Sarae and her followers since they know for sure what are Sarae's goals for this adventure

IHH:
[OoC I'll be out for the weekend in less than an hour. Returned late sunday GMT +1]
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 11:14:05 pm by IHH/Pontiff Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

  • Sovereign
  • ******
  • Posts: 1.607
  • Regency: 18
  • Gender: Male
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
Re: To see the Obelisk of Thenial
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 10:33:53 pm »
Mieres & SAS/AV:
"Perhaps we can be a little more detailed about what we know this thing."  The Governor looks at his co-travellers, and in particular Sarae and Shauna,  "I know little to nothing about the mystical, the shadow world, or anything of that nature.  In fact the extent of my ability to investigate  this thing would be to take this rock," the Governor states picking up a fist sized stone, "and throw it at the Obelisk to see what happens."

"What I do know is that this thing is a causing a great deal of tension and chaos which neither I nor the Baron can afford right now.  So I would really appreciate it if someone would explain to me exactly just what in the Burning Pits this thing is or where it comes from.  Your best guesses would do at the very least."

The Governor looks at the stone in his hand for a moment, shrugs, and hurls the stone at the Obelisk.

Bjørn:
The stone hits the Obelisk, and then sticks to it. It is strange that such a little thing – a stone that does not fall – can feel so profoundly unnatural. Sorcery…only sorcery can turn the nature of things around and make it other. You can all feel it, to one it is a strange taste to the air, to another it feels like the air has become thick and hard to breath, to yet another it is a tingling feeling down the spine…

 

The Obelisk suddenly explodes outward, turning into a million razor-sharp shards of rock that lance through the air. The quick or the lucky mange to evade the worst, while the heavily armoured generally make it though without serious injury; a score men are, however, killed or severely injured.

 

The shards of the Obelisk start swirling around and around, shredding the trees and vegetation in a 300-foot radius. It lasts for several minutes, accompanied by a cacophony of shrieking noises emanating from the cloud of rocks. Beyond the swirl you can see the rest of the group, including the pack and riding animals; they have come under attack by gnolls! Arrows are flying through the air, and gnoll warriors are leaping into melee with your men!

IHH:
Pontiff Wallac Isilviere:

"This cannot be a coincidence - within 10 yards of the Obelisk nothing grows, beyond those 10 yards only mosses and untill getting something like half a mile away from the Obelisk all tree's seems to be dead or dying. The when upon a stones impact the Obelisk explodes?"

The Pontiffs voice fade as he realizes the danger the explorers suddenly find themself in.

"Move away from the Obelisk and defend, The Gnolls are upon us.
Divine Haelyn, master of strategies and battle. All Father - please lend your children your help and give your sevant a small part of your skill that I may lead the men in battle defeating the vile Gnolls. Justicars to me, shields in tortoise formation. Forward in quick steps we engage head on!"

Lachlan gestures and seems to invoke some arcane protection and then he unleash hell against the Gnolls, ancient enemies of the Sidhe and not counted among those worthy to spare. Eldritch energy gathers in the hands of the elf only to be released in mighty clashes of thunder again and again.

[OoC: Mark I liked your last mail a lot and laughed my arse off reading it twice. I could hardly resist doing something similar myself before I left for weekend but I guess it was better someone else triggered the action since I was not able to respond before late in the weekend.
Clubbing time lol]

EOM:
Sarae looks quickly at the Governor "You're much more experienced than me in fights. Do we have chances to rebound gnolls' attack?"
Then Sarae gathers all of her men alive and put in turtoise formation near the Pontiff's men crying the others regent to do the same with their soldiers and encouraging her minions.
 
ooC: Bjorn, are AAs of mine still alive?
 
Ooc2: went out for the week-end. I'm coming back for an hard work-day and to add more pain the Obelisk is destroyed :-) ah...Mark...but Kasper is right...your action was funny...but deep in y heart I was feeling it eventually our expeditiion would have ended in a mess :-)


Bjørn:
There is a tiny problem; between group of named characters (and a smattering of aides and guards) and the baggage/guards vs. gnolls fight there is a swirling mass of obsidian shards that will present a considerable hazard to anyone venturing though.

It is also difficult to fully see/heard what is going on; between the roar of the obsidian cloud and the shredded foliage there is considerable concealment.

ETN:
"Sarae, it is time to use your knowledge of using Obelisk. Stop those rocks if you can and return obelisk into its original shape."

Then Maire looks around and thinks loudly.

"Is there a mean to form a barrier either material or magic into path of those swirling stones and slip away or inside under its cover?"

Jon:
OoC: That'll teach you not to bring heathens to a believers ball ;)

Bjørn:
Sarae prays to Eloéle for guidance in this difficult time, and here prayers are heard - by channeling the dine power of the Mistress of Thieves, she returns to Obelisk to its original shape by turning the shards into obsidian mist that quickly reforms into a great standing stone.

You are no longer separated from you other companions, but there is still the issue with the gnolls - without the shards to shield you the gnolls start firing their bows at your too.

EOM:
Sarae watches at Mairie and the Pontiff: "Now I hope you trust me. I'm able to control it and I don't want to harm you or to destabilyze the region"
 
The Sarae tries to avoid the arrows and looks at the battlefield:
 
1) Are the gnolls being repelled? or are they winning over our forces?
 
2) are AA of Sarae in her sight?

ETN:
Maire's bodyguards gather aroudn her and after quick blessing only 2 remain to protect her while Celine Geren leads the rest in formation against the gnolls. Other groups more or less quickly follow similar pattern and soon uneven wedge of groups drives deep into gnoll band.
Pontiff's assistant finally gets his chance and with burst of strange magic the gnoll archers are shrouded in veil of flames, while Maire is saving her power for healing after battle and looks around in anticipation of another nasty surprise.
Meanwhile, gnolls waver under determined onslaught and some of them are actually starting to run away.

Mieres & SAS/AV:
The Governor picks himself up off the ground from where he dove for cover and curses quite loudly, using words you are almost certain are not even remotely appropriate for unpleasant company.

He looks quickly around for Captain Oeberon and calls over what few men of his are near.  As arrows fly by he moves over to one of the already fallen dead and lifts the body up for cover.  What men he has do the same as they attempt to use the bodies as cover to close the distance with the Gnolls.

Some can clearly hear the Governor yell out, I want one of them alive enough to talk!!

EOM:
Sarae Somellin rallies her survivor men "The Lady of Mysteries is with us since we've find the sacred Obelisk...She won't abandon us....and the Governor's right. One of the gnoll must be left alive."

Bjørn:
Finding a live gnoll will not be a problem, seeing as they keep arriving in greater numbers by the minute. They must have known – either by treason or magic – you were coming and prepared accordingly. You are hopelessly outnumbered, surrounded, and soon to be very dead unless you do something quickly.

IHH:
Either EOM will be able to use the Obelisk to defend us or we will have to flee.

"Sarae seeing you are blessed by divine favour perhaps you can put the Obelisk in use defending us? If not we will have to flee right now or be quite dead"

Mieres & SAS/AV:
The Governor looks around scowls.  Not today he mutters to himself.  Grasping the desperate nature of the situation he glances at the Obelisk for a second and seems to have the same idea as the High Pontiff - he just doesn't wait for the High Priestess.  He attempts to get his companions attention and calls out to begin falling back to the Obelisk away from the Gnolls.

As soon as he has a moment he hefts another stone from the ground and calls out - We need some breathing space!  Get behind someone armored or someone already dead!  The Governor pauses for a moment and braces to duck behind another of the fallen or behind an enemy and prepares to strike the Obelisk yet again.

IHH:
Realizing the inovative Govenor is about to detonate the Obelisk once more Wallac Isilviere exclaims:

"My Lord, NO! Dont. Leave that to the High Priestess. We dont want to agrivate divine Eloéle by unmaking har recent intervention. Let her servant do what needs to be done. At the very least let the Gnolls get closer to the Obelisk so they can get a better taste of Obsidian"

Not trusting the Govenor to have heard his warning the Pontiff direct those around him to find the best available cover.

Lachlan is working himself into a frenzy throwing great balls of fire and lightning at the gnolls buying time for the rest to find cover

Mieres & SAS/AV:
The Governor holds for a moment at the Pontiff's words.  He looks for Shauna and Sarae in the specifically in the chaos and calls out, If anyone is going to pull a rabbit out of their hat NOW would be a GOOD TIME!!!

OOC: The Governor doesn't really WANT to do this, but is pretty desperate.  He is going to hold for a moment to see if someone has a better solution, otherwise he will take his chances and re-activate the Obelisk.  He will try and give everyone of the men time to get within the radius and behind some cover, and will try and catch as many Gnolls in the stone clouds as possible.

IHH:
[OoC: For all I care we can do the adventure in forum thread for the others to enjoy]

EOM:
Sarae Somellin looks at the Obelisk and mutters some arcane words asking for the blessings of Her Beloved Goddess (OOC: Sarae will try to use to Obelisk to repel the gnolls)
 
OOC: I agree with Kasper, we could move into the forum

ETN:
OOC: Im not sure to what extent is RoE I history applicable to RoE II. I read in old RoE forum mention that Sarae used the Obelisk to teleport herself and group of other people to Valley of Mist to fight Red Wind. So she can do it again and teleport us out of there, right?

Bjørn:
That she can do; although I'd like to point out that it is not teleportation, but a shadow walk, so you'll be spending some time in the SW...what is your intended destination.

EOM:
Sarae Somellin kneels towards the Obelisk and starts praying
 
"Mighty Eloèle, Goddess of Night, your humble and trustful servant needs you in this hard hour. Show to those foul and heathen creatures how mighty are your powers and blast them with no harm to us. A beautiful chapel will be built here to remember the sign of your presence and followers forever will chant your name. I, Sarae Somellin, highest of your worshipers, but humblest in front of you, will personally lead them. Sister of Thieves help us"

Bjørn:
The surface of the Obelisk turns silky smooth and you can see your own reflection in it…when the Governor’s second rock hits it, it simply passes into the Obelisk…

ETN:
Guards are retreating towards the Obelisk where Sarae is praying. The possibility of breaktrough and flight is abandoned now. Maire and Wallac are caring for injured so that they could if not fight then move themselves back with the retreating fellows. Warriors are preparing for heroic last stand and mix of determination, fatigue and fatalism is in their faces.

Mieres & SAS/AV:
The Governor orders a few of his men through the Obelisk quickly to
secure the other side.  He then calls out for cover fire as he moves
to attempt to recover the fallen form of Daerla Faieme.  He seems hell
bent to reach her whether she is dead or alive some some reason.

If he can reach her body relatively safely he will drag her back
through the Obelisk with what few men he has remaining here.

IHH:
[OoC: As I understand Bjørns last post the Obelisk is now an opening to the Shadow World; the stone throwed by the Govenor passed to the SW and if we want to escape this is the way. I've held back posting because the Obelisk is EOM's show but I'll make an attempt now]

IC:
Wallac tending the wounded at first dont realize the Obelisk has changed. Why the Obelisk did not explode with the Govenors second rock impacting was but a mystery.. Untill the possibility of an escape route dawns on him.

"Look, the second rock passed into the Obelisk. Perhaps thats our way out - we can go through the Obelisk. Sarea, I dont know exactly what you did to the Obelisk but it sure changed it. Dont you think this is our way out?"

IHH:
Wallac orders some of his men to assist the Govenor and the rest to cover the retreat.

Lachlan wait for the priests of ETN & EOM and then he and Wallac follows through the Obelisk.

EOM:
Sarae finds a moment for a brief smile " looks like we must take a little walk in the Shadow world...will you dare? surely I don't know what will await us there"

IHH:
Wallac agrees.

"I've survived the Shadow World before - the Shadow World in it self needs not to be dangerous - as Anuire there seems to be parts to avoid and parts to enjoy. Lets go!"

Bjørn:
Moving forward.

The Governor manages to haul the injured woman back to the Obelisk, and you retreat into the Shadow World under a hail of arrows – protected by a sound Anuirean shield-wall that would have made Role proud. Two score men make it through, which is not bad considering the circumstances of this ambush.
 

All is not well, however, for the Obelisk continues to be ‘open’ and the gnolls start charging through it to engage you. Once again Anuirean discipline wins the day, and the gnolls are repulsed several times, until their will to attack is gone…which is good, for had they stormed en masse you would have been unable to stop them.

 

You can still see the Daylight World – it is a lot like looking through a stained-glass window – and suddenly you see a large shape wading forth through the mass of gnolls outside. At first glance it look like a centaur – one of the horse-men of the wastes – but it quickly becomes apparent that it is not. Instead of being an amalgamation between horse and man, this creature appears a mix of man and lion. It shakes a great spear towards the Obelisk, and suddenly three more of these creatures leap over the gnoll ranks and charge towards the Obelisk…the gnolls surge after them…

IHH:
"Sare if you and your deity hold any sway over the Obelisk, now would be a good time to close the gateway to the Shadow World and for us to make way to another entry far away to the world of the living. Those Lion-men seems not to be reasoned with and hold sway over the Gnolls far too much for my liking"

Wallac, Lachlan and what remains of Wallacs Templars try to hold back the gnoll hordes as the High Priestess of EOM close the Obelisk's gate to the Shadow World with us on the inside, and hopefully, not too many of the Gnolls with us.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 11:14:17 pm by IHH/Pontiff Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-EOM/SS (Marco)

  • Former players
  • Noble
  • ****
  • Posts: 313
  • Regency: 4
  • Gender: Male
Re: To see the Obelisk of Thenial
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 07:50:46 am »
Sarae Somellin prays for guidance from the Mistress of Night and try to lock the Obelisk's gate

Offline X-ETN/Maire Cwyllmie (Libor)

  • Former players
  • Noble
  • ****
  • Posts: 331
  • Regency: 12
Re: To see the Obelisk of Thenial
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 12:02:29 pm »
And just for the case Sarae fails, Maire prepares prayer to Nesirie for helping to hasten the effect of Shadow Ward cast on Thenial (OOC: as in my DO).

Offline DM B

  • Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • *
  • Posts: 5.210
  • Regency: 51
  • Gender: Male
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Re: To see the Obelisk of Thenial
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 12:27:10 pm »
The lion-men leap towards the Obelisk just as Sarae manages to close the gate; for a moment the trio hangs motionless in mid-air, before the stained-glass window fills with gray mist, obscuring them and the Daylight World. Then the mist is gone too, leaving you alone.

There is and Obelisk on this side of the Veil as well, when you stepped into the Obelisk on the other side, you stepped out of it on this side. And when you looked back out, you were looking though the Obelisk. Now you see only dark obsidian...

Around you is the forest, much as it appeared on the other side. Everything is darker though, seeing as there is no sun, only a faint moon high overhead. To the north and west of you the Starspire Mountains loom much higher than they do in the real world.

Shauna Nolan: We are safe for now, but we are trapped in the Shadow World, which is not good. The only exit that I know of is located in the Valley of Mist, but getting there would be impossible (she points at the mountains) on this side of the Veil - the mountains remember that once they were greater than today, and that memory is real in the Shadow World...

The Governor and the Pontiff: Meanwhile the two of them is trying as best they can to preserve the life of the Baron's representative.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-EOM/SS (Marco)

  • Former players
  • Noble
  • ****
  • Posts: 313
  • Regency: 4
  • Gender: Male
Re: To see the Obelisk of Thenial
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 12:30:55 pm »
Sarae tries to commune with Eloèle for guidance and advice

Offline X-ETN/Maire Cwyllmie (Libor)

  • Former players
  • Noble
  • ****
  • Posts: 331
  • Regency: 12
Re: To see the Obelisk of Thenial
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 12:52:56 pm »
"Sarae, you did that journey from Obelisk to Valley of Mist once before, didn't you? How was it back then?"

Then Maire thinks some more and speaks again

"And about the mountains ... hmm. They may remember they were high but we all know they are much lower now. So we may be able to persuade them that they are not as big as they try to appear." (OOC: That may sound like Pratchet but it is not meant to be funny)

Offline DM B

  • Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • *
  • Posts: 5.210
  • Regency: 51
  • Gender: Male
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Re: To see the Obelisk of Thenial
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2009, 01:15:28 pm »
Sarae tries to commune with Eloèle for guidance and advice

The gods are notoriously uncommunicative when it comes to worldly affairs...you're a priest, you're supposed to solve the problems...and anyway, the gods of Cerilia have little power in this place - the Shadow World. Even your goddess does not walk here, her domain is the shadows of the Daylight World.

The last time you were here you were able to use the Obelisk to shadow-walk to the Valley of Mist, but this is different. Now you are here, in the SW, whereas the last time you merely passed through it on your way to another place.

Finding an exit is one goal...but it still leaves the question...why are you really here, and what were you trying to accomplish? Your 'claim' to the physical manifestation of the Obelisk seem somewhat contested by the gnolls, and until that is solved you're no closer to a solution.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Mieres & SAS/AV (Mark)

  • Former players
  • Noble
  • ****
  • Posts: 282
  • Regency: 15
  • Gender: Male
Re: To see the Obelisk of Thenial
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2009, 01:41:38 pm »
The Governor is kneeling beside the body of Daerla Faieme attempting to aid the Pontiff as best he can.  He attempts to carefully remove as much of her armor and clothing as possible to allow the High Pontiff to better inspect her wound.  "No time for propriety..." he mutters as he works.

He looks around and orders any of the Baron's men (if any are remaining) to search out for some materials so that something can be made to carry Faieme since, if she even survives, she likely will not be able to walk under her own power for long, if at all.

To the Pontiff he points out a large piece of obsidian sticking out from under her left armpit, and it doesn't look good.  He questions the Pontiff as to whether pulling it out would cause her to "...bleed out like a stuck pig...."
Every man has a price he will willingly accept, even for what he hoped never to sell. 

Offline X-EOM/SS (Marco)

  • Former players
  • Noble
  • ****
  • Posts: 313
  • Regency: 4
  • Gender: Male
Re: To see the Obelisk of Thenial
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2009, 02:33:04 pm »
To Bjorn: are my AA's still with us?

Offline X-ETN/Maire Cwyllmie (Libor)

  • Former players
  • Noble
  • ****
  • Posts: 331
  • Regency: 12
Re: To see the Obelisk of Thenial
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2009, 02:36:47 pm »
Maybe it would be good to make a summary: What named characters are still alive and able and how many guards from each faction.

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

  • Sovereign
  • ******
  • Posts: 1.607
  • Regency: 18
  • Gender: Male
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
Re: To see the Obelisk of Thenial
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2009, 10:29:46 am »
My goal for comming to the Obelisk is partly resolved - I wanted to learn something about its location, nature and who if any that took an interest in it. I believe the Gnolls have pretty much showed an interest in keeping the Obelisk to themself and their masters.

We have little or no chance to remove the Gnolls physically and thus what remains is to get escape from this place and the Gnolls. I suggest we heal the wounded and count heads. Lets find out what resources we have left and then discus what options we have left.
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-ETN/Maire Cwyllmie (Libor)

  • Former players
  • Noble
  • ****
  • Posts: 331
  • Regency: 12
Re: To see the Obelisk of Thenial
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2009, 03:17:57 pm »
After some time spent by resting and tending to wounded, Maire gets attention of survivors and speaks:

"Fear not, men and women of Anuire. Here, in the Shadow World, we are safe from the gnolls now. We are also well protected from shadowspawns by grace of Nesirie, they have no power over you. There is a gate in Valley of Mist leading back to our world and we will reach it one way or another. Just have faith and endure whatever lies before us and we will make it home soon. Then we will assemble an army, return to Thenial and cut the gnolls to pieces. So our most pressing task now is to find Valley of Mist."

Then Maire pauses for moment and turns to regents:

"Sarae Somellin and Shauna Nolan know the way and they will guide us. Pontiff Wallac Isilviere is a wise man and military leader with expirience of Shadow, he will be our commander. Governor, can you please organize a vanguard and shield us from another nasty surprises?"

Then back to common audience:

"Now, who of you are able to walk themselves and  who will need a help?"

OOC: Quick summary of people present and their shape would be really helpful