Author Topic: Can a character do two administrative tasks in a turn?  (Read 7903 times)

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
Re: Can a character do two administrative tasks in a turn?
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2009, 10:58:23 AM »
So an advisor could get promoted to 3 different administrator posts and each season attempt them all 3 albeit with -2 on check because he is only advisor?

I tried to promote XXX, a hireling, to his third administrative position.

Grant Title, Court action: XXX is granted the additional title “Castellan”.

Result:
title Failure – XXX is already overtasked as it is with two positions to his name

I wonder if this is simply because it is more difficult and can actually be done (but I just did not have the needed luck) or if it is impossible to have 3 seperate administrative titles. Inputs and answers from everyone welcome but I will most definately also like to get an answer from Bjørn (though I expect it not to be ASAP ;-) )
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2009, 11:12:26 AM »
It is possible. Not sure its wise, but its possible.
DM Bjørn

• Sovereign
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2009, 09:39:08 PM »
Not wise? Can you please elaborate?

Because it possibly influence other Ply Trade administration actions done with same AA when you do too many? Like same character attempt 3 actions and is more likely to fail in each and everyone (or just one) than if he do only one or two? Or because loosing said administrator means 3 vacant spots?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 10:43:20 PM by IHH/Pontiff Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-Ghieste & HOT/GH (Matt)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 38
  • Duke Ghorien Hiriele of Ghieste, Guilder of H/OT
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2009, 10:21:08 AM »
Piling a third task on an individual is always going to be a difficult call. Too many eggs in one basket.

I would imagine granting a second admin task, let alone the third, would suffer significant penalties. You are asking someone to run a whole section of your government, then run another, and another. That is never going to be easy. In RL I have previously handled the work load of what was five people at one point - what it meant was none of it gets done properly and I am well aware that there were tasks that needed doing that had not been done months after they should have been resolved and when this refers to in game running a country I would hate to see the effect on your economy, let alone your poor monks starving in their monastries.

Then is then also the fact that some people might object to your "favourite" being given yet another high profile position when he already has two..... Admittedly some of those might be people you want to recruit....

I would agree with Bjorn; what you are trying IS possible but it really is not very wise. And a poor example of rulership.  ;)
His Grace Ghorien Hiriele,
Duke of Ghieste,
Grand-Maester of the Highland/Overland Traders,
Viscount of Whyrthe.
Down Right Evil Bastard!

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2009, 03:35:00 PM »
Poor little NPC hireling...spending all his waking hours (all 20 of them)...eight days a week...laboring for the regent. When is a man to have some time to himself?

;D
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2009, 07:03:23 PM »
If he wanted personal time or control of his own life, he shouldn't have been an NPC.  People always blame others for their own poor life choices!

Another argument against loading one guy with three positions is that he can only do three actions in a season anyways, regardless of his titles.  I prefer to give them a max of two positions, which still allows them to support one of my own actions each season.  Those AA bonuses add up, and with a little ingenuity, the Ply Trade (Administration skill) action can support an astonishing array of actions.

• Sovereign
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2009, 09:33:25 PM »
Silly me. I assumed the AA was not personally doing all the work himself and that since he had 3 orders a season he could do it. Guess I forgot to apply rl considerations to the game!

:P :P :P

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2009, 09:57:18 PM »
If he wanted personal time or control of his own life, he shouldn't have been an NPC.  People always blame others for their own poor life choices!

Another argument against loading one guy with three positions is that he can only do three actions in a season anyways, regardless of his titles.  I prefer to give them a max of two positions, which still allows them to support one of my own actions each season.  Those AA bonuses add up, and with a little ingenuity, the Ply Trade (Administration skill) action can support an astonishing array of actions.

Clever fellow the Baron. Don't trust him...
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 22
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2009, 10:02:35 PM »

Those excact words are framed and hung above my bed so it's the first thing and last thing I see every day.

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2009, 10:26:02 PM »

Those exact words are framed and hung above my bed so it's the first thing and last thing I see every day.

...But I don't even INTERACT with Medoere!  Why am I being distrusted by people I've barely met?!

Offline X-Ilien & PCE/GeM (Linde)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 12
  • Countess Geraldine el-Mesir.
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2009, 10:34:59 PM »
Perhaps it is just Barons in general that he distrusts
Her Excellency Geraldine el-Mesir,
Countess of the Free City of Illien
Guildmistress of Port of Call Exchange,
Mage of Ilien & Protector of her people.

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2009, 10:39:22 PM »

...But I don't even INTERACT with Medoere!  Why am I being distrusted by people I've barely met?!

Perhaps the reason we've barely interacted, is because of the words on my wall, eh?  :D

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2009, 10:43:35 PM »
Perhaps it is just Barons in general that he distrusts

No no, you're getting it all wrong. It's two sentences:

"Clever fellow that Baron." (always nice to start the day with some encouragement)

and

"Don't trust him..." (him obviously being Bobby)

• Sovereign
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2009, 02:33:21 PM »
Please consider to move some of above stuff to an OOC thread. I deliberately posted my question in an old similar thread as to avoid cluttering up Q&A section.

Pretty please?

:)