Author Topic: Turn #64  (Read 9084 times)

Offline X-Tuornen/LF (Geir)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • Laela Flaertes, Duchess of Tuornen
Turn #64
« on: June 26, 2009, 09:36:30 AM »
I am pilling up a few mails in my draft folder, IC and OCC mails on ongoing and new topics. Is there a full stop on player-to-player ingame stuff now?.... by now I could posibly get a doctor to advise a partial lift on the ban on grounds of stress and mental healt.... Is there such a thing as acute game adiction syndrom?
Laela Flaertes, By the Grace of Haelyn Duchess of Tuornen

- Geir
Tuornen / LF

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
Re: Turn #64
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 11:58:48 AM »
In Denmark you can get treatment for gaming addiction but you wont like the cure.. It involves stop playing.

A less drastic approach could be to stop making those drafts and simply wait untill turn 64 is open  :D
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 12:45:15 PM by IHH/Pontiff Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 02:32:27 PM »
I'm pretty stressed over the writers ban too though... My time is more limited now than earlier, so i'd like to be able to work all the time, spreading out the ROE stuff over a longer period.

Otherwise we have a frantic buzz of emails in the last few days and miaov, screech eek ook ekkiekki zhawim baba! *insert random chatter dissolving into rabid tittering*
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 04:20:40 PM »
As long as the delay does not result in a shorter turn 64 that should not be a problem
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 05:56:07 PM »
My understanding: IC discussion is closed until the new turn is announced to begin.  OOC talk can proceed, but all negotiations, agreements, etc. - basically anything you'd need to copy Bjorn and Jon on - should be made IC after the turn begins.  Burying Bjorn and Jon under hordes of emails is NOT going to get the turn done any faster, regardless of the reasons for its delay.  Patience. 

Niels - You can write up stuff now, if you know what you need to say, and simply save it until the turn begins, as Geir's doing.  Unfortunately, the DM's time is almost always our most limiting factor, not the players' time.  Since they have to read and consider everything we send out, calling a ban on communications is the only way for them to get a break while they work on the SR and P&H.  Not only would lifting that slow them down more, it'd also add to their workload, which could lead to them burning out.  Which nobody wants. 

Until we successfully finish lobbying for government grants to provide paychecks for full-time DMs, we're just going to have to live with it, I'm afraid.

Offline X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 22
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 06:35:18 PM »

Until we successfully finish lobbying for government grants to provide paychecks for full-time DMs, we're just going to have to live with it, I'm afraid.

I'll gladly put down $20, if that helps :P

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2009, 01:05:17 AM »
Heresy but sadly true, I've been a little glad of the break the last week as things have been manic.

No worries, in the interim why not draft turn 64 actions so that they have a great description, write something in the bard's corner (I'm planning another story, but I'll probably need Niels to write the last scene, I plan to twist his arm when he comes over), have a think about some game mechanic (Brandon is currently beating me up over structures) that might work better or more easily and so on.

Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

Offline X-Tuornen/LF (Geir)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • Laela Flaertes, Duchess of Tuornen
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2009, 02:57:36 AM »

what? are you saying Bjorn and Jon are NOT the current government?.... so who rolls the dice for setting.. say...the interest rate and speeding ticket fine levels?
Laela Flaertes, By the Grace of Haelyn Duchess of Tuornen

- Geir
Tuornen / LF

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2009, 10:04:39 PM »
All that said, can we get a DM comment on what's up with the turn?  I'm fine with waiting, but it makes it easier to do so when we know what's causing delays.  Did issues come up with the turn, or something IRL?

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2009, 10:26:16 PM »
I think you're looking at a case of summer holiday break  ;)

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2009, 10:37:13 PM »
Gotcha.  Fair enough, then.  Good to know nothing's wrong.  Drink a beer or two for me.  ;)

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2009, 03:04:29 AM »
Actually I'm not in on what Bjørn is doing these days, but I'm guessing he's enjoying the nice summertime. I expect he'll order me around if he needs anything done  ;)

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2009, 09:07:02 AM »
Trondheim isn't exactly blessed by the Sun-goddess...so I'm enjoying the weather while I can. Simple as that.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 22
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2009, 09:30:10 AM »
As well you should.  ;)

I'm working on my 100th-and-something hour these last 5 days. But work is easy when it involves lending your playstation to a kid, and earning 145 DKK an hour (as well as earning a pay 22 hours out of 24).

Offline X-EOM/SS (Marco)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 4
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2009, 10:30:26 AM »
Trondheim isn't exactly blessed by the Sun-goddess...so I'm enjoying the weather while I can. Simple as that.

You're doing the right thing Bjorn ;)