Author Topic: P&H stuff  (Read 6944 times)

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
P&H stuff
« on: May 05, 2013, 02:51:53 PM »
Not sure if this is the right thread, but I'm not sure where else to put it  :-\

Would a single summary page for each nation be better than separate pages for each region?  I'm wondering about using a single page on the P&H turn 1 I'm working on with a new column for region to allow the page to be filtered down if required.

My thought is that a single page would reduce the risk of duplication, omission, etc.

Any comments welcome.
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Re: P&H stuff
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 07:23:47 PM »
There is no longer a separate summary sheet for each region...there is only the realms pages and THE summary pages. The regional summaries are legacy code only.
DM Bjørn

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 10:16:38 PM »
There is no longer a separate summary sheet for each region...there is only the realms pages and THE summary pages. The regional summaries are legacy code only.

That explains the amount of updating I've had to do :-\
Robhan Khaiarén

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 12:37:51 PM »
Silly questions time.

Most domains have a "domain name" rather than a "regent name".  Some don't.  Should they all have a "proper" domain name for consistency?  If so, what name should they have?

Some offenders:

Wizards:
Daeric Dhoesone
Clumine Dhoesone
Regien (who lacks the decency even to have a surname, the cad)
Rogr Aglondier (domain name presumably s/be Ilien)

The sidhe:
Corwin Rhysdiordan
Rhuimach Taeline
Llytha Damaan
Rhuandice Tuarlachiem

The Chimereon:
Charrek Ironfist
Haeven

I have also managed to lose Ashien somehow  :o

Any help / suggestions / comments / good-natured mockery welcome.

Robhan Khaiarén

Offline X-Mhoried/Constantine Mhor (Wiktor)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 8
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 01:10:20 PM »

Regien (who lacks the decency even to have a surname, the cad)

Ignoring your prejudiced comments, I'd say for Regien you could use Court Wizard of Mhoried as a domain name.

Although I've seen Regien being cast out of Mhoried in a table top game, I'd say such a twisted turn of events is quite unlikely to happen (or be allowed on a PBeM)

And no, I was not playing Regien in that game, nor was I playing the Mhor.  8) As always, I was a bastion of stability and lawfulness.
His Grace Constantine Mhor the Duke of Mhoried

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 10:56:49 PM »
Well, I'm trying to move from "this chap with a wand" to "this arcane society" for the casters so I was thinking "Spellguard of the North" or some such title sort of thing - court mage is somewhat limiting and person focused.

And I wasn't prejudiced, being honest I'd have described him as stakebait and if you wanted prejudiced the depths would truly have to be plumbed to justify his noted depravity.

Although I accept that on the Thuried scale he barely rates .1 and even his critics must accept that Regien is notably effective.
Robhan Khaiarén

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 02:33:50 PM »
First cut of the turn 1 P&H, only Anuire attempted so far.

I obviously used the wrong version of the P&H as the course as it didn't have a nation summary so I built that from scratch.  Regents need updating, as do vassalage, etc agreements, Ashien/Bjorn's other new places need a going over.  Other nations need doing, etc.

Any comments welcome.
Robhan Khaiarén

Offline X-Ghieste & HOT/GH (Matt)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 38
  • Duke Ghorien Hiriele of Ghieste, Guilder of H/OT
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2013, 08:03:39 PM »
*sniffs at Ghieste disappearing* ;)
His Grace Ghorien Hiriele,
Duke of Ghieste,
Grand-Maester of the Highland/Overland Traders,
Viscount of Whyrthe.
Down Right Evil Bastard!

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2013, 10:13:45 PM »
*sniffs at Ghieste disappearing* ;)

Think of it more as subsuming Tornilen and half of Roesone ;-)

Got the Crown basics done now, just did a check and the vassalage on Anuire doesn't even remotely balance  :(

Robhan Khaiarén

Offline X-Brosengae [Cloene] (Linde)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 19
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 11:51:41 AM »
just a note.. Tribute is not substracted from net income if you have to pay it... But it is added if you receive it.
So the summary page has too much gold available for vassals.
Also: Port of call exchange should be noted as PCE on the summary page instead of PCS.

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2013, 12:23:00 AM »
just a note.. Tribute is not substracted from net income if you have to pay it... But it is added if you receive it.
So the summary page has too much gold available for vassals.
Also: Port of call exchange should be noted as PCE on the summary page instead of PCS.

Thanks Hartwig, for some reason the formulae went a bit bonkers with the source holdings too.  Fixed now.  Need to consider the other trbiutes, etc necessary - those sources don't build themselves you know - not to mention the temples.

Robhan Khaiarén

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2013, 11:52:15 AM »
Hmm, copy and pasting the regency tribute column to the GB tribute column to get all the formula's didn't work so well either!

I attach the current version, any comments on additional tributes, grants, etc or other issues with the main Anuire page would be appreciated.  Also any comments on errors/omissions/link failures / etc on realm pages of course.
Robhan Khaiarén

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2013, 11:58:12 AM »
Gorgon's Crown
I put the Crown realms onto their own nation sheet as I figured that they are fairly isolated from the rest of Cerilia and do more together than with other nations.

I switched El Stony to being a "god on high" type - now everything is held by vassals, or vassals of vassals, with tribute then flowing up to him.  The Gorgon himself then has massive RP and a minor amount of GB representing Shadow World oddities, magical stuff, and a few luxuries.

Do you think that it will make it easier to contest/etc holdings around the Crown if the holdings are held via vassals (many of whom would be loathe to run to the Gorgon with problems)?  At the moment I don't think there is enough internal conflict and tension - it would work better if a cunning PC could play off two minions to carve out some influence at I'm not sure how well that will work at the moment.

Also I've added some under-dark realms for Mur Kilad (as I did with Baruk Azhik) which are unknown to the rest of the Crown (thus relatively low tribute from some of the Karamhul) and added a Shadow World realm (I see the Gorgon's real conflicts being with foes on the Shadow World).

I'm awful at names so any suggestions for improvement would be greatly appreciated.
Robhan Khaiarén

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2013, 12:12:15 PM »
I'm now starting on the Rjurik, from various comments in the past I'm adding sheets for a realm along the Hjarring river - squashing Jurva, Gundviir, Sjarkhoelle, Innsmark and Hrukk to make a realm along the upper valley that borders Svinik, Rjuvik, Jankaping and the Barony; and also adding an island between Jankaping and Thaele (basically an Iceland made of three provinces, volcano, kelp bay, and pine forest).  The idea behind them is to add some depth to the Highlands and avoid the "I talk to the neighbour on each side and that's all" issue.  Any suggestions on province or jarl names would be appreciated, so far I've guesstimated:

Bjorn Gronnsson
Leif Poulsson
Freya Hap-Sidhe
Brandi Karasdotter
Bjorn Gronnsson
Dane Edricsson
Linna Heddasdotter

As Jarl names.  The Hap-Sidhe surname was my guess for a Half-Elf, but since I didn't know a Scandanvaian word for "half" it looks like I went Brecht after the caffeine wore off  ::)

I don't have any province names, and no ideas, I'd look up an atlas of Iceland, etc but suspect that my keyboard would whine and die if I tried copying the names, plus when I tweaked letters here and there I'd probably wind up saying something rude.

Any ideas on a name for the White Witch?  She took the realm from her Uncle Gunnar but Abominations is then silent.  The realm works far better if it is possible to trade, carry out diplomacy, etc with it so I took an idea from the Rjurik Winds campaign I was in an renamed it Gandvick, with the idea that it would appear to have 2 rulers, the beautiful young queen, and the crone head of the church who was the power behind the throne.

Ideally to stop a "turn 1 romp 'n' stomp" of her holdings her holdings in "Erik-loving" realms would be via vassals, so any ideas on names for the law and guild domains or their nominal rulers would be great.
Robhan Khaiarén

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2013, 05:55:50 PM »
How is this possible?  I ask Google to translate "looter" and "pillager" from English into Danish and it fails me  :o
Robhan Khaiarén