Author Topic: Very busy period - elections, RL rebellion.  (Read 13464 times)

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
Re: Very busy period - elections, RL rebellion.
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2009, 03:09:41 PM »
Aye, it's the name o' the game. Good luck nonetheless and remember to put on your most charming face whate'er you do or think  ;D

Offline X-Coeranys/WD (Greg)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 4
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2009, 04:36:44 AM »
Saw the videos!   ... Didn't understand a word though (sorry), but loved the "cheering"! 

Best wishes and good luck in your campaign to make your part of the world a better place.  :)

William Deaulen
Baron of Coeranys
Count of Caudraight

Offline X-Roesone/ARR (Robert)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 18
  • Arvour Raemel, Baron of Roesone
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2009, 11:50:09 PM »
Tnx, I'm trying but I'm being sabotaged at every turn.

Today, the incumbent mayor's press conference was published in the papers in which he literally stole my lines from the debate, the same lines the papers censored yesterday so now he gets "bragging rights" on "some very innovative notions on the theory of politics, how we should not think ideologically when it comes to local politics, but should instead think "project-ly" and concentrate on what we can achieve in practice..

Sigh.... depressing.

Wow.... not only is politics a whore (as the saying goes in my language) but I get to learn it from first hand experience.
Arvour Raemel, by the Grace of Haelyn Baron of Roesone etc, Champion of Cuiraecen

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2009, 11:52:47 PM »
The established media far to often stinks  ::)

I feel with you man!
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2009, 10:01:37 PM »
Of course, if your ideas don't work then the blame reverts to you...  At least your peers are taking notice of you!
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2009, 05:53:25 PM »
Election day... a little over an hour until the ballots close. Then we'll know if "living among the drow" was worth anything. Its been a heck of an experience in any case, stressful, yes, but also satisfying in a way :)

I'll let you know how things ended after we all sober up from the celebration/grief party :)
Arvour Raemel, by the Grace of Haelyn Baron of Roesone etc, Champion of Cuiraecen

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2009, 03:51:29 AM »
So!? How did it go!?  :o

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2009, 09:14:23 AM »
Well... they certainly partied through if he is still sleeping... so...  ;D
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2009, 11:12:48 PM »
Hmm, I'm still stuck on the 'living among the drow' comment - it can be read so many ways given the rather dubious artwork often on display in drow books... scheming treacherous scum who would sell their father for a new hat, or half-naked whip wielding fetishists with a fondness for the esoteric.  Either way their politics sounds even more interesting than our lot who recently went from 'drab' to 'grubby'.
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2009, 10:17:20 PM »
Election day... a little over an hour until the ballots close. Then we'll know if "living among the drow" was worth anything. Its been a heck of an experience in any case, stressful, yes, but also satisfying in a way :)

I'll let you know how things ended after we all sober up from the celebration/grief party :)

Some party eh?

I'll be without net May 22nd to May 24th

If you want to discuss how to prevent the open rebelion with your statefaith you should start real soon
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2009, 01:53:18 AM »
Yo everyone.... Sorry I've been absent, but if I though the elections themselves were a hassle, the "post-" period is even worse.

Basically, I got 8% of the votes and ended up 4th out of 6. Taking into account mine and my party's relative anonymity and the media blockade I'm satisfied with the result. We got 10.5% for city council and our two councilors (two buddies of mine) are now the swing vote between the incumbent independent mayor + right wing (8) vs left wing (9).

We're in a very tough position and pressured from all sides... we're talking two major national parties, left and right, demanding we submit. The mayor and the left challenger are going to round two, and they both want our support.

We're resisting, but I've been in several 3-4 hour meetings (being vice president of the branch) these last two days and I'm spent, drained, stressed and mad...

I'll get to replying to emails first thing tomorrow morning... unless I get called into an emergency meeting which, I hope won't happen since.

And now... sleep....must sleep

Offline X-Tornilen/SM (Alexander)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 22
  • Duchess Marya Tanar
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2009, 02:12:57 AM »
Sounds stressful man, but good that you're willing to do the work. The world needs reasonable people in politics.

Just take your time, RoE will be here when you find time for it :)
Marya Tanar, The Sword Mage
Duchess and Mage of Tornilen

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2009, 01:27:52 PM »
Sounds stressful man, but good that you're willing to do the work. The world needs reasonable people in politics.

Just take your time, RoE will be here when you find time for it :)

You think he is reasonable?  ;D

But yea, he seems nice enough.
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2009, 09:55:26 AM »
I know I've said I'd come back after the 17th but things happened that turned everything upside down. The piranha life of politics screwed me over a lot. Being the swing vote is not all fun since the more experienced parties take this very very seriously.

We've been receiving veiled carrots... but also sticks. I can't put anything in writing now but it hasn't been all fun and games and its gotten very very uncomfortable for some of us. I think I'll be able to submit my DO on Monday, but I'll be gone for the weekend and unable to send IC mails.

I apologize for this and I remain committed to the game, but RL is pretty damn messed up lately :( 

Offline X-SASI/Orthien Tane (Rune)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 12
  • Maester Orthien Tane
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2009, 10:05:48 AM »
No worries, in your absence Bellamie is acting as Baron of Roesone. I'm sure you won't mind.

;D
Orthien Tane, Maester of Southern Anuire Shipping and Imports