Author Topic: Re: Conclave special session during S&C  (Read 20858 times)

Offline X-Endier & KoH/GdN (Joe)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 7
  • Guy de Nichaleir, Grand-Maester and Count
Re: Conclave special session during S&C
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2009, 09:31:42 PM »
Kasper, we'll have to take this IC sometime.....as continuing here OOC would probably be inappropriate.
Guy de Nichaleir, Grand-Maester of the Knights of Haelyn, Count of Endier, the Red Knight

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2009, 09:59:51 PM »
Leak more... War with whom? - Rally to the defense of Avan?

Niels,

No war. Wallac Isilviere decided to resign as Pontiff perceiving the office to be impossible to hold due to active sabotage from some of the other temples. That is ofcause Wallacs version.

What remains is there was not exactly a friendly exchange of oppinions between IHH and WIT. WIT vetoed a vote of confidence called by IHH and it got rather technical. Even though WIT was not really in the right at that stage it got rather annoying and messy. At the end of it WIT called for a vote wether or not to turn in the special conclave session into a fullfledged Grand Conclave (also illegal) and then the Chamberlain (special guest invited by IHH) hinted it was possible to hold a Grand Conclave right here right now and that he found that CoT needed it.

WIT also wanted to have an election for Pontiff out of turn between IHH & HA (again illegally passing by NIT as next in line for Pontiff).

Wallac vehemently turned his back on it all and simply resigned from office.

Theres some that claim he cannot do so and is still Pontiff; that the Charter of CoT permit not a pontiff to resign without a new one elected; WIT even claim that Wallac never was Pontiff as he was not elected - Martin Royce was.

regardless it is one big mess and Wallac am not going to miss it one little bit. He been working his arse off and get nothing but ungratefull abuse from a group of temples that have decided in advance he should be taught a lesson. The conspirators solution to it all remains to be seen.

Well now he has been.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 10:06:54 PM by IHH/Pontiff Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) »
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-LPA/Gaerred Khaiarén (Gray)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • High Hierophant Gaerred Khaiarén
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2009, 10:09:53 PM »
I don't blame them really, wallac was an easy target !

I love this game!!

Bjorn, thank you for making me the LPA!!

• Sovereign
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2009, 10:24:13 PM »
Lets hope the real enemy, like the Shadow, will make as easy targets as the righteous zealot Wallac Isilviere; he spared no one and I have a feeling neither will the Shadow - ofcause from a different perspective that is
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2009, 10:49:12 PM »
I don't blame them really, wallac was an easy target !

I love this game!!

Bjorn, thank you for making me the LPA!!

Thank yourself. All this intirgue would not be possible without you. Sure, men and Jon are cunning and devious; but not THAT cunning  ;D
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2009, 11:23:40 PM »
Gray quoth: Actually this is a very good lesson.  I am sure how well warned you were, but the Conclave is a collection of rivals, in many ways, Mhoried is the same.

Lies, all lied, only two of the main players in Mhoried have tried to assassinate Robhan in the past year.

Even quoth: And sorry if my posts are a bit rambling. I need to hire an editor

Really, I couldn't possibly hold that against anyone, not without being lynched.

Rather than feeling Wallac has turned his back on his duty, perhaps the Grand Maester should try to realize how much many others have neglected their supposedly duty to support CoT and even to word the lack of approval to WIT's illegal disturbing of the meeting.

Hmm, I went to bed last night after a last post (in the wrong thread but a post nonetheless) and came back to a resignation - please don't mistake inaction for lack of interest or support - the Aegis didn't have the chance to do anything.

Sigh, and now robbie might get stuck with the poisoned chalice - hopefully only for a season or two when the real grand conclave can go ahead.   :'(

What we need is a ceremonial mace...  I vote WIT to go Tarzan first!  ::)
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

• Sovereign
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2009, 11:29:18 PM »
Hierarch Toreas Griene takes the floor.

"Not only do you force the CoT to it's knees! Now you suggest to ignore the CoT treaty! Nay! It is the Reformist faction that holds the CoT until the next Grand Conclave! The Pontiff must come from their ranks."

To which Bjørn anwered:

The Archprelate merely smiles:

"I do not disagree with you, but even you old friend, must admit that with the current...situation between Boer and Avan, it is best if neither of us take up the mantle. And Narvelon...is too young...and besides the OIT just held the office.

No, Robhan is the only one who CAN lead us. I'm sure you'll agree."

Bjørn please note that Reformist consist of only two temples and neither is NIT; I believe Griene refered to Reformist fraction to hold the Pontiffs office. That mean IHH & ETN and by proxy IHH being leader of the fraction.

I know not if this is on purpose but if is not I would like to know how Wallac shall perceive NIT in future interactions with Griene

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2009, 11:35:28 PM »
The NIT is, as it has been, a staunch supporter of the IHH.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2009, 11:43:47 PM »
However, they have been at odds under Royce's leadership, which led to the formation of the "True Reformation" faction  ;D
 But the NIT is actually stating that the IHH should keep the Pontifficate.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2009, 11:54:40 PM »
I was talking in relative terms; compared to how the rest of the temples treat the Pontiff, then Griene is the IHH's very best friend...
DM Bjørn

• Sovereign
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2009, 12:18:44 AM »
Well a few others have been rather nice as well

Offline X-OIT/Narvelon Diem-Avan

• Former players
  • Hero
  • Regency: 4
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2009, 12:39:20 AM »
if the OIT hadn't been at work it would have resisted the turn of events.  can't we go back 12 hours??  despite some differences the OIT believes the decision should be reversed
Cardinal Narvelon Diem-Avan
Orthodox Imperial Temple of Haelyn

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2009, 12:50:48 AM »
There's still plenty of time to do that. But which decision?

• Sovereign
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2009, 01:04:42 AM »
Really Jon I dont want to be Pontiff with WIT's constant harrasment; you are very good at it but between that, hundres of mails, constant requests for special priviledges and the fact that it cost 6 GB a season AND as leader I damn well do the same I ask everyone else and then some.

With the current rules for vote, order of votes (or rahter lack of such a thing) and everal other unclarity I am actually rather sure this is on purpose by our esteemed DM's - but since I am not native english speaker it take some effort for me and when everyone in the CoT want a little piece of the Pontiff (or at least most do) I get rather wounded in the long run

Offline X-OIT/Narvelon Diem-Avan

• Former players
  • Hero
  • Regency: 4
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2009, 01:10:27 AM »
.....reversing the resignation

it will be quite a mess to clear up otherwise, who would want the WIT to get the upper hand (not I!)
Cardinal Narvelon Diem-Avan
Orthodox Imperial Temple of Haelyn