Author Topic: MIRROR - The Vampires of Ansien, Elinie  (Read 22978 times)

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
MIRROR - The Vampires of Ansien, Elinie
« on: March 10, 2009, 01:16:55 PM »
Because we will need one...

Here is the link to the adventure: http://roe.twilightpeaks.net/forum/index.php?topic=433.0
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Re: MIRROR - The Vampires of Ansien, Elinie
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 01:21:11 PM »
The DM would like to note that this is a much more difficult (and therefore dangerous) adventure than the Wraiths of Ilien.

Good luck  :o
DM Bjørn

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 02:01:16 PM »
Oh joy!  ;D
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 02:22:33 PM »
Can a Character go on two adventures in same season? ei. do Wraiths of Ilien part 2 and The Vampires of Ansien?
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 02:36:35 PM »
Yes, but you would probably have to pay a second regent action... And somehow get an invitation.  ;)

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 02:39:25 PM »
Can a Character go on two adventures in same season? ei. do Wraiths of Ilien part 2 and The Vampires of Ansien?

Yes, but since they are unrelated you'll need two adventures.

Moreover, sometimes it doesn't work; depends on whether it fits with the DMs conceptual timing of actions.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 02:40:22 PM »
There are no limits on the number of adventure actions you can conduct. However, to participate in three stories, located in each area of the Anuirean mainland, is stretching it. You would most likely have to spend an additional travel action to get there.

• Sovereign
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 03:17:57 PM »
Speaking specifically; Can I participate in both Wraiths of Ilien part 2 & the Vampires of Ansien if I do just 2 adventuring actions? Or do I have to include a travel action on top of the adventuring action?
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2009, 03:19:40 PM »
I see no reason why the Pontiff suddenly should become involved up in Elinie; if allowed at all it would definitely require an additional travel action.
DM Bjørn

• Sovereign
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2009, 03:25:57 PM »
Yes I concur there is no apparent reason for the Pontiff to participate in Elinie. From your answer I also get an idea of what distance between to adventuring locations that at least mean taking an additionally traveling action; I guess less distance can also mean that

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2009, 04:01:38 PM »
Well in my book it's mainly because you're doing the following this turn:

Start: your court.
Ilien adventure.
Going to the S&C.

That's a lot of ground to cover already, but since you can draw a clear chain from one to the last, it's within the limits of standard actions.

Add Elinie and you can see that line being stretched rather a lot. The travel action solves that.

All of this is obviously not even considering the fact that you don't really know anything's happening up there.

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2009, 04:31:59 PM »
There is an email, where Rashid is discussing with Gerad and William. I need that to progress to know if either of those two are available for this adventure.

We need a GM to play Gerad.. Or I can take a sock on my one hand and he will do as I say.  ;D

Also, I want Rashid to seek out his sister (the one living in Ansien, who is not a vampire) and ask her to assist. - Should I do this by email or in the adventure thread?

• Sovereign
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2009, 04:35:59 PM »
Yes I know nothing but the SR and have not been talking to Elinie during S&C. I have no reasons to participate in The Vampires of Ansien in this season so the question arise only in theory.

Regarding Ilien its pretty close to my court and comming to S&C by ship is by far the faster route (and going back through Ilien by ship once finished with S&C).

That said I find it perfectly agreeable that one need to spend a travel action to do two adventure actions unless the two locations are close

• Former players
  • Regent
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2009, 04:38:36 PM »
Could you please make a topic for the theoretical discussion? - This is not relevant for this thread.

• Sovereign
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2009, 04:45:58 PM »
Could you please make a topic for the theoretical discussion? - This is not relevant for this thread.

While I respect Niels wish to have this thread dedicated entirely for the actual adventure I cannot move my posts allready made.

Will one of the DM's please move my posts in this thread including this one to a new topic OOC?