Author Topic: Races of ROE, questions and clarifications  (Read 3208 times)

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
Races of ROE, questions and clarifications
« on: January 22, 2011, 01:33:46 PM »
Just one of those things I'd like to know.

Can a half-elf be Blooded? - I *think* they can, as I recall there was one in the old BR PC game.

Also, is it impossible to hold Temples in elven lands? - That holding type just cannot exist or they don't bother with it?

Finally, how does pure Elves collect regency? - Unlimited maximum? - Not at all?

« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 01:35:39 PM by Elinie/RiD (Niels) »
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-Elinie/RiD (Niels)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 19
  • Formerly Star of the East
Re: Races of ROE, questions and clarifications
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 01:37:59 PM »
What about dwarves? - They are described as very rarely blooded, but at the same time they are not very magical. Do some dwarf domains just make do without regency?

You'd think the few families who did have Blood would float to the top fairly quickly and then breed as bunnies until a sort of equilibrium was reached. - And yes, "as bunnies" do not much fit on dwarves, but comparatively to the rest of the dwarves at least.
Formerly: His Grace, Patriarch Rashid ibn Daouta, Last Imperial Duke of the Eastern Marches, Duke of Elinie, Master of Sutren Hills, Holy Paladin of Avanalae, Light of Reason.

Offline X-Avanil/Aubrae Avan (Thorsten)

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 35
  • Princess Aubrae Avan
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 04:10:56 PM »

Can a half-elf be Blooded? - I *think* they can, as I recall there was one in the old BR PC game.

Also, is it impossible to hold Temples in elven lands? - That holding type just cannot exist or they don't bother with it?

Finally, how does pure Elves collect regency? - Unlimited maximum? - Not at all?

Any race that had people present at Deismaar can be blooded AFAIK. You don't have to look father than the (now dead) manslayer, or the Spider, to get a proof of that. It's just that humans care so little about other races, that we only register the blooded when they're in the extreme - and usually we then declare them mortal enemies of Anuire and attempt to hunt them down and burn them.

Aubrae Avan,
Princess of Avanil, Duchess of Taeghas

Diplomacy is the art of letting someone else have your way.

Offline X-Osoerde (Alan)

• The Dragon
  • Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 05:06:54 PM »
Any race that had people present at Deismaar can be blooded AFAIK. You don't have to look father than the (now dead) manslayer, or the Spider, to get a proof of that. It's just that humans care so little about other races, that we only register the blooded when they're in the extreme - and usually we then declare them mortal enemies of Anuire and attempt to hunt them down and burn them.

I believe that all races had individual who manifested  the Blood after the Cataclysm (the destruction of the gods at Desimaar).  Proximity to Desimaar often controlled how strong a particular manifestion would be, but also how much a particular person exemplified the particular gods as well.
Yes, wyrmling, the meat is made all the more tender by armor...

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 11:44:54 AM »

Yes they can. Duchess Flaertes is part elven.

Impossible. There is no concept of organized churches in elven lands - and you'd have exactly 0 worshipers.

Elven scions collect regency normally. Commoners collect no regency. That applies to ALL races!
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Coeranys/WD (Greg)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 4
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 08:45:47 PM »

Yes they can. Duchess Flaertes is part elven.

As is Baron William Deaulen of Coeranys (elfblood).   ;)
William Deaulen
Baron of Coeranys
Count of Caudraight