TP.net > The Great Beyond (OOC)

OOC versus IC issue

<< < (2/2)

X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten):
I was about to start a new thread concerning the new chat/shoutbox, but realized that my above post covers it pretty well. Especially the last part:

--- Quote from: Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten) on April 21, 2010, 10:42:39 AM ---OOC is all well and good when all parties agree to it, or if you are really pressed for time - but don't force OOC talk on those that don't want it. And please do not substitute it for In Character conversations. Pretty please. With a cherry on the top.

--- End quote ---

When I go to this site, I have no option to *not* see the shoutbox (well unless I close it, which just leaves me in the cold for everything else happening in it, something I don't really understand why I should be forced to do).
I have nothing against chatting just for the heck of it - random stuff being shared with people I spend a lot of time with in any case. But anything that is directed towards ingame stuff should be approached with care... especially when talks are in regards to another player's realm. As I see it, we need to keep the clarifications and questions about ingame-stuff for emails or posts I can actually *choose* to avoid if I want to.

Thanks,
Thorsten

X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper):
Thorsten what about such links as this: http://goregirl.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/still-from-bad-taste-11.jpg - will that and similar ones be within the bounderies of what you find enjoyable in public chat room?

What if someone adds a silly OoC comment along my latest holliday pictures. Here I am in Osoerde, and oh this one in particular is cool. Here the Grey Duke have a snack on IHH's Lieutenant the late Archbishop of Roesone, Saraen Bellamie

That's pretty random, and (hopefully) not connected to any ingame-stuff. That's more or less what I believed the chat would be used for originally.

X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper):
It is yet to happen though I meant it in a context where I imagined to be joking with some IC stuff that had taken place be it for my own domain or another players

Yes, and I personally have no issue with that. As I understand it, the chat was created to avoid random chatter in threads, by moving them to a chatbox - just make sure that anyone involved is cool with any quips directed their way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version