RoE Archive > Legends of the Hero-Kings

The Wraiths of Ilien

<< < (2/23) > >>

DM B:
You enter the sewers together (the others show up as well), guided by the Countess' men. It is dark, confusing and doesn't smell at all good. But you press on - realizing for the first time perhaps, how vast this underground world is, and how easy it would be for the undead merely to hide. But some well-placed divinations bring you closer to your target - until you are within a area of ancient tunnels and chambers, but countless centuries ago.

The undead strike at you for the first time then - a mass of shambling remains of humankind [OOC: Skeletons and zombies], led by the foul spawn of the wraiths [OOC: Ghouls and wights]. It is a tough fight, but against these corporeal enemies your armsmen are up to the task - at least now, when they are backed by magic and faith. Those that you do not destroy eventually fall back, disappearing into dark tunnels, leaving you to count your dead and tend to the wounded.

You are still strong, but you numbers have diminished, and the unexpectedly massive assault has cost you a lot of resources.

X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper):
With the retreat of the last undead Wallac Isilviere exclaims

“Quickly, sprinkle the bodies of our fallen brothers with holy water, invoke a swift prayer to the All Father to bless their souls and praise their ultimate sacrifice. For their immortal souls and our wellbeing we do not want them enslaved by the wights. Others tend the wounded and then we take up the pursuit”

Almost before being issued his commands are swiftly carried out with due haste by the men, each filling out their assigned position and duty. This has been drilled time and time again.

Then taking up the pursuit the men set out, at a quick march, the alternating jog and walk leaving lesser men gasping for breath but which come naturally to the Justicars of Haelyn. The guides carrying less should be able to keep up else the party slows down.

“Lads to your stations we move on”

[OOC I assume our fallen cannot be raised being treated properly against just such an instance. If I am mistaken in my assumption the group will carry their fallen with them.]

DM B:

--- Quote from: IHH/Pontiff Wallac Isilviere (Kasper) on January 16, 2009, 01:16:58 PM ---With the retreat of the last undead Wallac Isilviere exclaims

“Quickly, sprinkle the bodies of our fallen brothers with holy water, invoke a swift prayer to the All Father to bless their souls and praise their ultimate sacrifice. For their immortal souls and our wellbeing we do not want them enslaved by the wights. Others tend the wounded and then we take up the pursuit”

Almost before being issued his commands are swiftly carried out with due haste by the men, each filling out their assigned position and duty. This has been drilled time and time again.

Then taking up the pursuit the men set out, at a quick march, the alternating jog and walk leaving lesser men gasping for breath but which come naturally to the Justicars of Haelyn. The guides carrying less should be able to keep up else the party slows down.

“Lads to your stations we move on”

[OOC I assume our fallen cannot be raised being treated properly against just such an instance. If I am mistaken in my assumption the group will carry their fallen with them.]

--- End quote ---

A proper burial will prevent the dead from being raised - as long as someone doesn't take the time to desecrate their resting places. So you can be more or less certain that they won't rise. The only way to REALLY be sure is to burn the dead and scatter the bones (not something Anuireans usually do).

DM B:
You push on - you are fairly certain the undead are luring you deeper in, because they are never far enough away that you completely lose track of them. And the strike against you - sudden violent attacks by ghouls and undead, trying to take down a guard, or strike at a cleric. A few men fall or are dragged into the darkness, but by and large you prevail - laying to rest a score ghouls and half a dozen wights in the process.

X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper):
We slow down a little when it becomes apparent their rout is one on purpose.

"Brothers whoever controls these vile creatures seems not to be taken by surprise. Slow down to regular pace and tend the wounded. Let's try to take another route than the one they make us as I fear traps or ambush may be in store for us."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version