Other Games > Anathema

Anathema: Rules and background

<< < (3/3)

DM B:
One of the premises of Anathema is that players are (roughly) going in the same direction and that they are, if not directly cooperative then at the very least cordial. This has nothing to do with Chaos not being factitious...but everything to do with me wanting to run ONE game, not one game PER PLAYER. That means that it's the responsibility of each and every player to ensure that things don't derail completely. Having a little one-on-one time with the GM is of course OK from time to time, as is pursuing a few private agendas. A little competition and rivalry is only natural and the odd limited conflict can't be ruled out. But by and large your Champions are fated to drift one the same currents and pursue the same overreaching goals.

If you want to you can easily see where the line goes. If you can't see it, ask. I'll explain in more detail. If you don't see it and start making up lame excuses like it's not 'in character' for your Champion:  It's YOU who decide what's in character and not for your champion - and if you decide that it's not in character to cooperate and create and enjoyable game it is no one's fault but your own! So please go away. Saves me the need to kick you out.

Final note: This doesn't necessarily apply forever; Anathema has been known to become more competitive as your rise in tiers...

DM B:
Anathema doesn't have any of those. Sorry. You are the Lost and the Damned, on a one-way trip towards becoming Slaves to Darkness. The Dark Gods offer much power and unbridled freedom, but they don't suffer fools or weaklings. And they do not give out second chances; if you die, you die. Another rises to replace you and...that's it really.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version