RoE Archive > Legends of the Hero-Kings

Turn #71 - Against the Hand

(1/4) > >>

X-Points East:

OoC:

Adventure . . . Turn #71

DM B:
In the frontier barony of Soilas a secret war is being waged. Not a war of soldiers and swords, but one of subterfuge, secret meeting, sudden ambushes, secret codes, and subtle magic. On one side stands an alliance of temples, guilders, nobles, and mages - Elinie, Soilas, LPA, PETG, MS, Caeleiman and Regien among others. Their enemy is the Hand of Azrai, a shadowy network of agents, spies, and assassins that have infiltrated Elinie - and possibly Mhoried as well. They've been investigating their elusive enemy for some time, and now the time has come to act.

Across the breadth of Soilas the agents of the PETG and MS strike against known and suspected HoA agents, even as the LPA, the Patriarch of Elinie and the lords of Soilas add their influence towards uncovering more of the enemy. Hundreds are arrested, dozens are killed. Leads are followed up on. A new series of arrests follows - not against HoA agents this time, but against their aides - both the willing and those who did not even know the nature of the HoA. Lords are taken from their keeps. Priests dragged out of their churches by their own brothers. Guilders have their shops closed and then go missing in the night.

X-Points East:

IC:

Elamien Lamier sits in a dark room, next to Moerele Lannaman, their faces visible in a relatively still candlelight.  Several figures stand before them:  humans all, with the exception of a single dwarf.  After glancing at Moerele briefly and shaking her head slightly, Elamien looks upon a Khinasi male and speaks thus:  "That is all well and good, Malaqi; but it certainly begs the question:  who is he?  And do we have him in our custody?"

"Of course, I can not yet say", replies the Silent Speaker.  "Though, in time, it may perhaps be possible."

"Of course", repeats Elamien.  "For that is the way of such things."  Then, after a rather long pause, she adds, "Your orders remain the same.  Continue.  Be swift; but be thorough, above all else."

X-Maesil Shippers/ML (Quentin):
Slightly tilting her head to the side Moerele spoke to the dwarf standind behind her.
Grungni, I expect you to take note of everything said here. Nothing written of course.

Then to Elamien,

What will be the next step? I understand most of our targets have already been take care of...

X-Points East:

IC:

"Most, certainly", replies Elamien.  "But, until we have eliminated their leader, my mind shall remain uneasy.  I am hopeful that our agents are on the right track; but I am fearful that much danger yet awaits us."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version