Author Topic: Unavailable 11.24 - 11.28  (Read 3386 times)

Offline X-Hermedhie (Andy)

• Former players
  • Freeman
  • Regency: 4
Unavailable 11.24 - 11.28
« on: November 25, 2008, 05:15:19 AM »
The emails are coming a bit fast and furious at this point - so just letting everyone know I will be /afk for the American Thanksgiving Holiday until November 28th.

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
  • Slide
Re: Unavailable 11.24 - 11.28
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 09:42:30 AM »
I've seen few emails to you, are people remembering to cc your friendly DM's?

All: Don't forget to cc both me and bjørn. Always. Your correspondence won't be legit if we haven't got access to it.

Most easily done by cc'ing the email dm@roe.twilightpeaks.net, this goes to both of us.

Oh and have a great thanksgiving! Is it true you americans conduct mock trials against the turkey?  ;D

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 12:52:28 PM »
Turkey's are legally considered "tasty combatants" since the recent "Chefs v. United States" verdict.  As such, it's assumed that trial by combat, in the form of catching them in the first place, is sufficient to satisfy their rights.

Offline X-Hermedhie (Andy)

• Former players
  • Freeman
  • Regency: 4
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 02:27:33 PM »
I've seen few emails to you, are people remembering to cc your friendly DM's?

It's all just friendly chatter at this point, nothing gamey.  Just concerned with the start of the game upon us they might turn gamey, and I'll be off in familyland, so letting folks know.

Is it true you americans conduct mock trials against the turkey?  ;D

Yes, it's completely true.  We waterboard them in the oven first though, just to make sure they're ready to talk.

Offline X-Mhoired (Dan)

• Former players
  • Hero
  • Regency: 5
  • Ex-Mhoried
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 04:03:36 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!
And for anyone who hasn't seen it, there's a great video of recent Vice-Presidential candidate Palin making the rounds, whre she participates in the tradition of "pardoning" one lucky turkey from the year's harvest.
In this case, however, you can see another ill-fated bird being slaughtered in the background of this festive event! Is that a warning I wonder, lest the pardoned bird be tempted to go astray once more?
PS: I'll also be incommunicado this weekend, as I drive back and forth across New York State (400 miles) to visit both sides of the family.
Mhor Droene Kavarra, the Red Colt
Ruler of Mhoried, Lord of Shieldhaven & Highrock
Riding Towards Duty