RoE Development > Regent Guide

Adjudicating the Adventure action.

(1/2) > >>

The Dark Lily/ML:
Here are my rules for adjudicating the Adventure action, comments are welcome.

X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy):
Looks familiar!

It's a handy way of dealing with minor adventures that wouldn't get played out on the forum's or by email, but for the main adventures I don't think that Bjorn's too fussed about rulesets or rolls.

The Dark Lily/ML:
Those sorts of random little adventures are exactly what it was intended for, when a player decides to take an Adventure action totally out of the blue, or when a Lieutenant is doing an unspecified adventure in support of a regent's action.

X-Osoerde (Alan):
Lots of tables...is there an assumption that some adventures will not generate treasure or injury for instance?

X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy):

--- Quote from: Osoerde/William Osoer (Alan) on August 15, 2012, 01:57:56 PM ---Lots of tables...is there an assumption that some adventures will not generate treasure or injury for instance?

--- End quote ---

Page 2 and 3 respectively show the tables ;-)

The answer is yes, some adventures would cost more than they generated, or be a dead loss, some adventures would not generate any injury worth noting - personally I'd ignore hp damage on the assumption that it would be healed by the next action anyway, and only note "serious" injuries but that's personal choice, I don't like tracking HP of lieutenants...

The system is fairly flexible, leaving the decision of what is a good investment, what is a poor outcome, etc open, but the idea was to give players some idea of what they could expect.  There was a reasonable amount of comment when it was discussed on BR.net.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version