RoE Development > RG v.3.5 draft editing

Chapter 6: Armies & Warfare

<< < (2/4) > >>

DM B:

--- Quote from: Osoerde/William Osoer (Alan) on October 07, 2012, 07:06:56 PM ---Hey Bjorn, do your changes to armies mean that I won't need to detail 100+ units or to track them?  If so, I would be appreciative. :)

--- End quote ---

That would the general idea. So instead of tracking 100 units you would be tracking 20 heavy infantry, 5 light infantry, 5 heavy cav and 5 light cav. Should make things mucho simpler.

X-Osoerde (Alan):
With less concern for the particulars of what the 'units' are?  I.E.  No need to know swordsmen, or regulars, archers, etc.

X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy):
Sigh, I <like> the detail, I've named all my units for crying out loud!  Sob.  Admittedly I don't have many units compared to landed realms but even so.

Unit differences, like great buildings are ways to differentiate otherwise similar domains, I guess that the fluff won't be affected but some crunch difference would be nice to encourage such differentiation.

X-Osoerde (Alan):
It is considerably less fun when you are dealing with 80+ units along with vassals whatnot. In fact, I use to think that I liked the detail until I spent 3 hours trying to name and arrange units only to have some of them destroyed.

X-Ghieste & HOT/GH (Matt):
I like the detail personally also and I am not running a small army either. Once you have it set up it provides emotional attachment too, as you should IC, to the loss of those men. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version