RoE Development > RG v.3.5 draft editing

Regent Guide editing

<< < (2/4) > >>

X-Ghieste & HOT/GH (Matt):
May I also suggest, that in order to imrpove the editing process and allow proper layout to occur that we define an editing version of the document that has all non-neccesary graphics removed ie we keep the table and DO pieces but lose all the pretty pictures as we work out the real content?

X-Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten):
While Matt has already thrown himself with glee and abandon at the RG, I have set up and shared a Dropbox-folder.

The idea behind this, is that instead of a lot of copying and pasting from one document to another, it will actually be possible for "everyone" to work on the same document (I say "everyone" because the concept of too many cooks in the kitchen still applies).

Having worked a bit with Dropbox in this regard before I can inform that it is possible to restore older versions of a document for a total of 30 days after it has been changed, so that shouldn't be a problem. Access to this folder is by invitation only, and currently only includes me and Matt (who hasn't used Dropbox before and so most likely needs to get over his anxiety for new stuff), and I have also sent an invite to Bjørn (gracious chap that I am).

Depending on the willingness of those two persons to use this, the folder may be pulled down again, or remain for all eternity (unless the internet breaks).

Cheerio...

X-EOM/SS (Tristan):
I have a month's worth of evening shifts just about to start at work for me.

And on an evening shift I sit there and supervise 2 people and try not to fall asleep.

So if you need another assistant then count me in.

X-Osoerde (Alan):
I am totally game for anything.

X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy):

--- Quote from: Medoere & RCS/KE (Thorsten) on March 26, 2010, 01:55:10 PM ---Would people be opposed to an idea of cloud computing on this? I can strongly recommend Dropbox as an excellent means of working on the same project from different PCs.

--- End quote ---

Err, a link please?  Perhaps a <simple> explanation.  I struggled to get open office...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version