Other Games > Anathema

Prelude: Cadian Dawn (IC)

<< < (65/66) > >>

LordPsycho:

--- Quote from: DM B on June 01, 2014, 11:07:54 PM ---Soon thereafter a voice can be heard over the ships inter-vox system: "This is Sergeant Kremiel of the Dark Angels. By the will of Inquisitor Maegon of the Holy Orders of the God-Emperor's Inquisition I have been named Watch Captain of the Deathwatch. Furthermore, by the will of the Inquisitor, I take command of this vessel and all those aboard it. Submit and you shall have safe passage, regardless of your pedigree. Resist, and you shall feel the wrath of the Angels of Death."

--- End quote ---

"Nodaļ ?"

"Yes, Ser... I mean, Captain ?"

"You are the new Sergeant."

The Dark Angels examine the deck equipments, damaged by the recent battle.
Adepts of the Mechanicum will be needed to make the necessary reparations.
Fortunately, Magos Azrael should be on the way.

Meanwhile, Kremiel and his men examine the Relictor's bodies, who fell around the control panels.

"Nodaļ, look at this one."

"Looks like a Librarian. And this jewel incrusted in his armor..."

"Remove it. You heard the last words of the Inquisitor."

Nodaļ draws a chainknife and begin cutting the power armor around the artifact, knowing instinctively that he has better not to attack the Orb directly.

Gamon and Zeriah return the massive body of that was once Hrothgar.
Below is Lexander's shield, detached from the arm of its bearer.

Kremiel has no time to examine the shield with greater care, as Azrael enter the bridge.

--- Quote ---Azrael activated the door to the bridge and stepped through into the scene of carnage as Kremiel was stooped studying the corpses of Lexander and Hrothgar.  Though he hadn't done an exhaustive count Azrael was quite certain that there were a couple more corpses than there had been earlier, it would seem the Dark Angel had decided to dispose of witnesses.

"A fine sentiment Sergeant," Azrael said, keeping his voice neutral and suppressing the contempt he felt.  The hem of his robes trailed through a pool of blood as he strode across the bridge toward the Dark Angel.
"Unfortunately, without me no-one is going anywhere," he continued, sweeping his hand across the chaos of the bridge, taking in the shattered control systems.
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Kremiel: "Magos. As you can see the Inquisitor's men made quite a mess of the bridge." He indicates the damage done, particularly by the servitor's autocannon, to the bridge controls. "See what you can make of it. Also, these must be incinerated." He indicates the corpses of the dead, one of which have been covered by a polymer sheet, partially concealing the monster underneath. "There was...a warp-related incident during the fighting...we were forced to offer the Emperor's peace to the survivors of the fight. Only the Inquisitor and his interrogator remain. So make sure this is done discretely. I'd rather not have to purge the ship's complement any further."
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---Well, at least he doesn't try and hide his actions, mused Azrael.  Fine, I'll play along for now.

"Once we have taken off you can eject the bodies into the plasma drive exhaust, that should serve to destroy any corruption.  I have medical personnel on the way to tend to..."

He was just about to continue when the floor shook beneath them from what was evidently a massive explosion somewhere below them.

Azrael growled angrily, "I had barely finishing repairing this damned ship, why is everyone determined to blow it up again before we even get off this bloody planet!"

Turning back to the Dark Angel, he started again, through gritted teeth, "As I was saying I have medical personnel on the way to tend to the Inquisitor and his Interrogator.  If you would secure the corpses I will see what can be salvaged."
--- End quote ---

"Thank you for your assistance."

Then he turns toward the four other Dark Angels.

"Brothers, please make some space for the Magos."

"Yes, Captain."

The superhuman strength of the Space Marines allow them to move the bodies with a speed inaccessible to humans.

--- Quote ---Another pair of Dark Angels arrived to assist Kremiel with the corpses of Lexander and Hrothgar.
--- End quote ---

Quickly, they liberate space around the control consoles for Azrael's convenience.

The Relictor's bodies are aligned along the left wall, while the dead inquisitorial agents are aligned along the right wall of the bridge.

Azrael can note that the Dark Angels seem reluctant to touch Hrothgar's twisted body... and that Lexander's headless body has been placed with another Relictor at the rearmost extremity of the bridge, opposite the door, partly hidden behind a control block.

He also note the names of the different Dark Angels.
"Captain" Kremiel, "Sergeant" Nodaļ, Gamon, Zeriah, Asteus, Tephon, Rodias.

Did the Inquisitor really named Kremiel Watch Captain of the Deathwatch and Ship Commander ?

Anyway, the arrogant Space Marine does not seem ready to leave the bridge.

Instead, he sends his newly appointed Sergeant and two other battle brothers to do the dirty job.

--- Quote ---Nodaļ nodded and headed off to ensure the warp-tainted bodies were secured until they could be thrown into the superheated plasma.

Shortly after the Dark Angels had left Irena arrived with several assistants.  Azrael motioned them over to where Maegon and Nemus lay.  He had tied a makeshift tourniquet around Nemus's severed leg and had begun disassembling Maegon's armour.  Power armour contained many systems to assist in tending wounds and keeping its occupant alive.  Maegon's had tried to help, but it was too badly damaged to be that much use, and it would be easier for Irena to stabilise him and get him to the infirmary without it.  The Inquisitor was unbelievably frail without his armour, and manoeuvring him onto the stretcher was easy.
--- End quote ---

Once during the operations, Kremiel approaches to see Azrael at work, without saying a word, then returns near Lexander's body.

--- Quote ---Fortunately both the Inquisitor and the Interrogator looked like they should survive.  Nemus had lost a lot of blood, but he was still breathing and now that they had staunched the flow would hold on long enough to reach the infirmary.  The Inquisitor's stomach wound was serious, and there was no way of telling here exactly what internal damage it had caused, but stomach wounds were always a slow wound, even if they were unpleasant.

As they worked Azrael filled Irena in on what he knew of the drug that Maegon had used (though that was not much), and that whatever else happened it was imperative to make sure that Nemus was awake and lucid as soon as possible.

That crisis dealt with for now, and Irena heading back to the infirmary with her two new patients, Azrael turned back to the bridge equipment, painfully aware of how much time they had lost already.  Hopefully Rhein would get here shortly and prove to be of some use.
--- End quote ---

As Irena prepares to leave the bridge with Maegon and Nemus, Kremiel asked one of his men to watch over the Inquisitor.

"Asteus, you will remain with the Inquisitor to protect him. Impossible to know who's still lurking in the corridors of this ship."

DM B:
Kremiel orders a battle squad of five formed to search down and destroy any 'rogue elements' this aboard the ship. Specifically this means the unaccounted for Relictor scouts - plus any Relictors still in the apotecharium.

LordPsycho:
On the bridge

While Azrael and Rhein are speaking outside, and tech-adepts are repairing the damages of the recent battle, Kremiel examines the bodies of Lexander and Adorus... and their tainted artifacts.

Nodaļ extracted the part of the Librarian's armor including the orb, a fist-sized dark and sickly crimson sphere from which emanates a sense of lurking evil perceptible even to the untrained mind.

And the huge shield...
A tearful eye is watching Captain Kremiel from the center of the shield, as if through a crimson mist.

DM B:
The remnants of Lexander's group still pose a challenge, as does the presence of the Tenebrous Cabal in the depths of the ship. The Dark Angels are hunting the former. The latter are a big unknown.

The bulk of Hrothgar's warband has been crushed. They are no longer a factor, unless some of the warlords wish to recruit from their remnants.

Rhein's band has successfully navigated the battlefield with only light casualties and are now boarding the Sensibilious. Other (mostly smaller) groups have also made it aboard during the chaos, but none pose a major challenge (and can become a source of followers).

It is time to get the ship off the ground...

Dragon Lord:
Azrael turned back to the doors of the bridge.

"If you will follow me, I will show you the extent of the damage and introduce you to our new Captain."

If Rhein was listening carefully he might have noted just a hint of sarcasm when he said the word Captain.

"You may want to ask your followers to remain out here."

With that he keyed the doors to open and stepped through.  As he did so Kremiel looked up at the sound.  After he had walked forward a few steps, Azrael stopped by the Dark Angel.

"Rhein, allow me to introduce you to Watch-Captain Kremiel of the Dark Angels.  Kremiel, this is Rhein, a tech-adept who recently arrived.  His warband is assisting in holding the main entrance, and I am hoping he will be able to assist me with the repairs to the bridge."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version