RoE Development > Regent Guide

Personal Treasury of a Regent

(1/4) > >>

X-Points East:

OoC:

Should a regent generally receive a salary from the domain, which he rules, thereby potentially bringing personal treasuries and the finances (convert wealth) action more into play?

Ruideside/OM (RP):
That would depend on the form the regent's rule takes. In the case of most nobles no, but in those cases where the regent could be construed as the employee (i.e. is an office holder) then possibly so.

HBoT/JA (Viktor):
For a noble, one could argue that the land and holdings belong to him, therefore the domain's treasury is his own.

For a temple/ guild domain it could be seen as corruption if a regent starts funneling the domain's revenue to his pocket and may cause uproar/ stability/ bloodline loss etc depending on the domain's alignment. 

In regards to the salary idea, we need to keep an equilibrium otherwise we would be generating money from nothing. I.e. if a domain degrees that the regent will have a salary of X GBs per turn, then that should be an additional cost for the domain over and above any existing maintenance cost.

I personally have found very limited use for the convert wealth action. It could be potentially useful if a noble is deposed (he can keep his money to fight back)

Talinie & NIT/TD (Linde):

--- Quote from: X-Points East on July 20, 2013, 07:31:19 PM ---
OoC:

Should a regent generally receive a salary from the domain, which he rules, thereby potentially bringing personal treasuries and the finances (convert wealth) action more into play?

--- End quote ---
I would say no.

Think of it this way: Your domain is your birthright! Why should you remove resources from your birthright to pay yourself if you already get all of your expenses paid?

A corrupt regent who fear his rule is in danger might use convert wealth to steal from the domain.

Or a regent who wishes to grant a personalized gift, might convert a GB or fraction thereof to personal wealth in the form of some artwork he can gift instead of the GB.

The recipient of said presents may then use finances to add the GB value of the gift to their domains treasury.

GM's could give you a unique treasure from adventure actions as personal wealth rather than an amount of GB ready to add to your realms treasury.

I think there are plenty of opportunity to use finances(convert wealth) as it is.

Dhoesone/FD_(Marco):
In medieval and ancient ages differences between royal and ruler treasury were very few or even nonexistent...

It would be normal IMHO that a ruler could hide some riches of the domain for himself and his family, to use them in case of need (i.e. he must flee the domain for a revolt...).

But since in RoE we play a domain more than a regent I think to store away GBs in many cases would be useless.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version