Author Topic: Brotherhood of Sundered Backs  (Read 5366 times)

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Brotherhood of Sundered Backs
« on: April 30, 2009, 01:30:20 PM »
Hear ye, hear ye!

I hereby announce the Brotherhood of Sundered Backs; an inner circle of RoE players that has but one entry requirement - you must, at some point, have had some problems with your back (and as I discussed with Matt this involves pain - it has nothing to do with 'brokeback' or anything like that).
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Ghieste & HOT/GH (Matt)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 38
  • Duke Ghorien Hiriele of Ghieste, Guilder of H/OT
Re: Brotherhood of Sundered Backs
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 01:49:23 PM »
I do hereby render forth my claim to the august membership of this holy and enlightened circle of martyrs for verily on the friday last did a Ford Transit Van hitteth the behind of my chariot while I did stand stationary, as though marshalled for battle, at the roundabout of Marlow. Whilst my carriage did survive with but small damages it seem that unto I was rendered more serious force and now my back, my neck and shoulders do give to me the pain beyond a bearing.

:D
His Grace Ghorien Hiriele,
Duke of Ghieste,
Grand-Maester of the Highland/Overland Traders,
Viscount of Whyrthe.
Down Right Evil Bastard!

Offline X-EOM/SS (Marco)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 4
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 01:50:07 PM »
I'm Lucky...for now I cannot join ::)

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 01:51:12 PM »
I hereby welcome thee my brother Matt, into this august circle of crippled backs. Step forth (but no need to rush, take your time) and don this mantle as a sign of the great honor bestowed upon you.
DM Bjørn

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 01:53:37 PM »
I'm Lucky...for now I cannot join ::)

Do not worry, for my most excellent physician comforted me greatly when last I saw him;

"Bjørn" he said, "this is all very normal - indeed it is more normal to have some sort of back issues during the course of an adult life than not"...

So as you see chance are good that you might be joining later...
DM Bjørn

Offline X-EOM/SS (Marco)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 4
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 04:35:22 PM »

Do not worry, for my most excellent physician comforted me greatly when last I saw him;

"Bjørn" he said, "this is all very normal - indeed it is more normal to have some sort of back issues during the course of an adult life than not"...

So as you see chance are good that you might be joining later...

I agree...It'snormaleI retired from regular play football 3 years ago.

I played a friendly match 3 months ago and broke a finger after a bad fall...never happened before ;)

Offline X-Roesone/ARR (Robert)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 18
  • Arvour Raemel, Baron of Roesone
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 12:08:51 AM »
I had been a living embodiment of this magnificent order's precepts for seven years now, ever since I first dislocated one of the disks in my lower back and spent a great many nights writhing in pain in the bed until a chiropractic cleric set me right. However, I am occasionally revisited by this wondrously detrimental and debilitating ache, last time a few months ago when I erroneously believed that my back has healed sufficiently to allow me to jog once more. After a spasm of unbearable pain reminded me that jogging is for fools, I have vowed never again to shock my disks unnecessarily (say.. running away from a nuclear blast).
Arvour Raemel, by the Grace of Haelyn Baron of Roesone etc, Champion of Cuiraecen

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 01:26:23 AM »
In truth, I know not that mine own poor exploits warrant me a place amongst the noble sufferers of this august order, yet I shall place them before thee for judgement more proper than mine own.  Some years past, I endeavored to grant mine coworkers a most valued service, that of proof positive and most exemplary example, that they might learn from it and be warded 'gainst foolishness and suffering the future.  In this purpose, I did gallantly bend and lift from my back some thirty pounds of books to a shelf, and furthermore sent up a most piteous sound that my pains should not be overlooked by those I sought to educate.  In this self-sacrificing manner, I didst ensure that not one amongst those gathered there shall ever fail to lift, as stated in the wisdom handed down from upon high, from the knees.  Surely, I suffered; but I took consolation that my purpose had been achieved, and also that I had been provided with enough codeine to believe that mine arms were as wings that would carry my up to heaven, there to eat the bright and golden gumball that is our sun.

This tale, I bring to you; judge as thou woudst.