Author Topic: #71 Bindier - Defense against the Shadow  (Read 14231 times)

Offline X-Avanil/Aubrae Avan (Thorsten)

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 35
  • Princess Aubrae Avan
Re: #71 Bindier - Defense against the Shadow
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2012, 11:23:31 PM »
"I am of the belief that Diemed will sign eventually as well. I have yet to lay out the specifics - seeing as this gathering is the first anyones seen to it - but from my talks with him, I believe he would be sympathetic to the initiative and this treaty."
Aubrae Avan,
Princess of Avanil, Duchess of Taeghas

Diplomacy is the art of letting someone else have your way.

Offline X-Alamie/CA (Marco)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 5
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2012, 08:34:21 AM »
Duke Carilon stands up

"Alamie will sign the treaty"

Offline X-Aerenwe/TS (Miloš)

• Former players
  • Scion
  • Regency: 10
    • timeKraft
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2012, 12:45:18 AM »
After a hushed exchange with her advisor, the representative of Aerenwe, a young woman previously introduced as Fidelia, stands to address the council. "We had hoped for more from this council. The promise of an alliance and aid in case of an attack by the Shadow will mean nothing if there is a major war going on in Anuire when the Shadow attacks.  I believe we all know what is more important to the nobility of Anuire."

"You all point to the Conclave of Temples and the Knights of Haelyn as our shield against the Shadow, but what will happen to us who don't wake up and go to sleep with prayers to Haelyn on our lips? Are we doomed to fall to the Shadow while the crusaders march to battle against an Awnshegh in the far away Brechtür? Aerenwe has been site of many battles against the Shadow in the recent decades, and many brave and invaluable men have been lost in those battles. Where were the Knights of Haelyn at that time? Did they ever set foot on the soil of Aerenwe? Finally, why did the Eastern Temple of Nesirie have to be the only church in Anuire to organize the campaign that rid us of the menace known as the Manslayer?"

"Despite these questions and their unpleasant answers, the Kingdom of Aerenwe supports this idea in general and will sign the treaty."
Tasaenae Swordwraith,
By the Grace of Haelyn and Nesirie,
Queen of Aerenwe,
Countess of Calrie,
Protector and High Warden of the Erebannien

Offline X-Boeruine/Ulric (Robert)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 20
  • rkurelic at gmail.com
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2012, 05:41:05 PM »
*reserved*

will reply this evening or tomorrow morning and remove this comment.

Offline X-WIT/Toreas Kharnmoin (Rune)

• the Nerdrager
  • Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 24
  • Archprelate Toreas Kharnmoin
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2012, 09:43:11 AM »
Having been quiet so far during the proceedings, the Pontiff signals that he wishes to speak.

"If I may quickly address Lady Fidelina, I do not know what part my predecessor played in the campaign against the Manslayer, but I assure you that the Knights of Haelyn are hardly the only way the Conclave can respond to threats of the Shadow".

"I would like to take the opportunity to inform the assembled nobles here of another matter that causes concern. In lieu of these debates, I am impressed in the general wish among the nobility to defend against the Shadow. I had intended to come here to inform you all that the Western Imperial Temple, with aid of the Militant Order of Curiaecen, are currently planning a campaign to stabilize and attempt to remove the taint of the Shadow from areas in Alamie and Tuornen. Unfortunately, due to recent events it may be that our campaign may be unsuccessful. When informing Lady Anviraele, who speaks for Her Grace, the Duchess of Tuornen, I was informed that not only are there no issues regarding the legacy of the Eyeless One in Tuornen, but templar forces are also unwanted there and, if I may quote, "..will be harsly met by forces of one Marquis Moergan of Thasbyrn".

The Pontiff looks briefly at the Boer contigent.

"Is it so that Duchess Flaertes speaks for Boeruine in this matter? Marquis Thasbyrn has somewhat of a reputation, and to have that reputation turned against the Conclave of Temples would be most distressing".

"That Her Grace through the words of Lady Anviraele declares Tuornens state faith and it's work to be unwanted, is insulting. But insults I can handle. That she intends to hinder our fight against the Shadow however, causes me a great deal more concern".
Toreas Kharnmoin
Pontiff of All Anuire
Archprelate of the Western Imperial Temple of Haelyn

Offline X-Avanil/Aubrae Avan (Thorsten)

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 35
  • Princess Aubrae Avan
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2012, 09:54:15 AM »
The Princess of Avanil, still standing at the head of the table, turns at this news and looks at the emissary of Tuornen. Her left eyebrow has risen to give her a look of piqued interest, as she waits silently for Lady Anviraele and Boeruine's reply.
Aubrae Avan,
Princess of Avanil, Duchess of Taeghas

Diplomacy is the art of letting someone else have your way.

Offline X-Tuornen/LF (Geir)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 10
  • Laela Flaertes, Duchess of Tuornen
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2012, 12:46:32 PM »
Emissary Lauriel Anviraele stands to reply,

“Holy Pontiff,
Princess,

I am sure a great sadness will result when our Duchess hear for this,

One will here refrain from commenting on what was a confidential conversation. Also one would regardless never believe the Holy Pontiff to in any way speak anything but the truth.

One will again here and now repeat our Duchess eagerness to see the Holy Pontiff visit our Duchess Tuornen. And, one will then deeply apologize for any misunderstandings or difficulty that has resulted from any statement or action during these last days, but one sees no other option then to withdraw at this point.”

With this the Tuornen representatives leaves.
Laela Flaertes, By the Grace of Haelyn Duchess of Tuornen

- Geir
Tuornen / LF

Offline X-Alamie/CA (Marco)

• Former players
  • Noble
  • Regency: 5
« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2012, 01:38:18 PM »
Carilon Alam stands up and looks to Pontiff Toreas,

"Holy Pontiff,

Any help from the WIT, the MOC or CoT's forces will be appreciated by Alamie and I'll join the campaign. As I hope every other noble who's going to sign the treaty will do"

Offline X-Ghieste & HOT/GH (Matt)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 38
  • Duke Ghorien Hiriele of Ghieste, Guilder of H/OT
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2012, 09:02:00 AM »
The Duke of Ghieste does not move from his seat, instead languishing within its comfortable embrace, goblet in hand as he speaks.

"Ah Holy Pontiff, that does indeed sound like a campaign that all who would consider signing the treaty would be able to see the value in. It is a shame that the Duchess Flaertes and her representative fail to see the value in such a noble and reasonable venture."

He pauses and leans forward smiling.

"It is also pleasing to note that even his Holiness is not above being threatened by The Duchess Flaertes with her bogeyman; for sadly," gesturing towards the Boer party and the Marquis in particular, "it seems she likes to use the Good Marquis name in vain, throwing around his fearsome reputation as though he was a weapon in her arsenal, a war hound on a leash only she had command of. By doing so she has treated all parties poorly it feels, but especially the Marquis himself, whose reputation is well earned and not something to be used by others in such a way. By the grace of all that is holy, she even attempted to suggest a split of Alamie with Ghieste whereby she would personally control an invasion by the Marquis... something it seems doubtful she had any good authority to do."

He sits back again, "So yes your Holiness, Ghieste will support the campaign that you have suggested should you wish to call for such support; it seems entirely the right thing for us to do."
His Grace Ghorien Hiriele,
Duke of Ghieste,
Grand-Maester of the Highland/Overland Traders,
Viscount of Whyrthe.
Down Right Evil Bastard!