Author Topic: What is the number before Generals command skill give morale bonus to army?  (Read 2090 times)

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
What is the number before Generals command skill give morale bonus to army?

TABLE 6-2 GENERAL SKILL LEVELS
Character level   Master   Expert   Skilled   Unskilled
Low   +8   +6   +4   +2
Medium   +12   +9   +6   +3
High   +16   +12   +8   +4
Very high   +20   +15   +10   +5
Legendary   +24   +18   +12   +6
Near epic   +28   +21   +14   +7
Epic   >+28   >+21   >+14   >+7

TABLE 6-6: SAMPLE MORALE MODIFIERS
Modifier   Condition
+2 bonus   General with Epic level command skill
+1 bonus   General with Near-epic or Legendary level command skill

Upon re-reading chapter 6 “Armies and Warfare” a few questions pop to mind. In particular I wonder how to qualify for to bonuses. Table 6-6: “Sample Morale Modifiers” have a general with Epic level command skill giving his army +2 bonus to moral and a general with Near-epic or Legendary level command skill giving his army +1 bonus to morale. Upon reading table table 6-2: “General Skill Levels” I wonder what constitute Epic and Near-epic/Legendary level command. I believe the answer is to be found somewhere but I’ve failed to find it so far. Let’s say the general is Legendary level – does he have to be an expert in command and thus have +18 in command skill and thus a general of very high level being master in command with +20 also qualifies? In short what number in command (if any number) is required to get respectively the +2 or the +1 bonus to morale?
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn

Offline X-Avanil/Aubrae Avan (Thorsten)

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 35
  • Princess Aubrae Avan
Hey Kasper,

Have a look here, and see if that makes sense. That is from the Regent Guide Errata-section, so it is more up to date table than the one you use there:
http://twilightpeaks.net/forum/index.php?topic=1011.0

EDIT: That besides, I believe Bjørn has mentioned in the past that there are few in Anuire who could be considered masters of the battlefield. Arvour Raemel was one of the last, and he's pretty dead now.
Kaven Enlien is a contender, but he's more proficient at command than warcraft as I understood it (where Arvuor had both in equal great measures) - which explains why he usually looses more men than the opposition, but wins through sheer force of personality anyways.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 01:17:45 PM by Avanil/Aubrae Avan (Thorsten) »
Aubrae Avan,
Princess of Avanil, Duchess of Taeghas

Diplomacy is the art of letting someone else have your way.

Offline X-IHH/Wallac Isilviere (Kasper)

• Sovereign
  • Regency: 18
  • Pontiff Wallac Isilviere, High Prefect of the IHH
Thorsten thank you for the reply. In some sense it does answer my question as it certainly indicate that gaining +1 or 2 bonus to morale through generals high command rating is next to impossible.

But never the less I would like to know what number if any is required to get +1 or +2.

Say an Epic lvl character being Expert in command qualifies for the +2 bonus? an Epic lvl character being skilled in command qualifies only for the +1 bonus?

A number, a treshold, something more clear to me (not that having said skill would allways give the bonus). In short what is Epic level in command and what is Legendary/Near Epic in command.
His Holiness Wallac Isilviere, Pontiff of All Anuire, High Prefect of the Impregnable Heart of Haelyn