Author Topic: What happens to domain actions when a Regent goes on Crusade?  (Read 3583 times)

Offline X-Osoerde (Alan)

• The Dragon
  • Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Regency: 21
What happens to domain actions when a Regent goes on Crusade?
« on: January 26, 2011, 09:53:32 PM »
This has been asked a few times.  I am not sure of the actually rules, but I have a few observations regarding with a regent is away/unavailable from/for the domain:

1.  Even when a domain is leaderless, it may perform 1 REGENT action (in the past, RP influence was not neccessarily allowed).
2.  The LT continues to provide a BONUS action (as long as the LT is available).
3.  The regent may perform 3 character actions/turn.

From a more theoretical sense (since I haven't ever really done this before), if you can secure stable supply lines, maintain some resources in your court (able-assistance, LT, etc), then you likely can have all your 'normal actions', with the following caveats: you will likely need to expend 1 Wage War and 1 Adventure action (for regent).  So you are really talking about 1 or 2 actions for your normal court.

I actually intend on temporarily moving my court (which is kinda what happened in the Crusades).

Bjorn???  Jon??
Yes, wyrmling, the meat is made all the more tender by armor...

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
Re: What happens to domain actions when a Regent goes on Crusade?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 10:31:33 PM »
A domain is only leaderless if the regent is unable to perform his duties as ruler. So campaigning deep within Kiergard for an entire turn would qualify.
DM Bjørn

Offline X-DM Jon

• Former players
  • Sovereign
  • Slide
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 10:55:31 PM »
The Crusader kings may have had a sizeable court with them, but Richard Lionheart go into trouble with his brother John Lackland for taking a long time in coming home (being a prisoner in France doesn't help either :P)

If you want to stay away for a long time, then you're going to have to make someone a vassal that rules your realm or some of the realm, in your abscence. That was what Lionheart did when he asked his brother to look after things.

Moving your court out of Osoerde won't help in that regard.

Offline X-Haelyn's Aegis/RK (Andy)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 42
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 12:12:49 AM »
If you want to stay away for a long time, then you're going to have to make someone a vassal that rules your realm or some of the realm, in your abscence. That was what Lionheart did when he asked his brother to look after things.

Why not that nice Baron Bellam chap, I'm sure he'd get on fine with his neighbours and the other barons while Osoer was away for a year or two.   ::)
Robhan Khaiarén
High Marshal of Haelyn's Aegis
Work hard, walk with honour, be justly rewarded

Offline DM B

• Green Knight
  • Deity
  • Emperor
  • Regency: 51
    • Twilightpeaks.net - Hone of Ruins of Empire
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 07:53:40 AM »

Why not that nice Baron Bellam chap, I'm sure he'd get on fine with his neighbours and the other barons while Osoer was away for a year or two.   ::)

Exactly!
DM Bjørn

Offline X-Ghieste & HOT/GH (Matt)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 38
  • Duke Ghorien Hiriele of Ghieste, Guilder of H/OT
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 09:46:37 AM »
I now have a mental image of the Arch-Duke returning home to find out that his former mighty realm has been reduced to just one province but that it, in turn, has been pimped out sweet sweet ladies and alloy turrets.
His Grace Ghorien Hiriele,
Duke of Ghieste,
Grand-Maester of the Highland/Overland Traders,
Viscount of Whyrthe.
Down Right Evil Bastard!

Offline X-Osoerde (Alan)

• The Dragon
  • Former players
  • Sovereign
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 03:31:14 PM »

Exactly!

Good Idea!  I will look into that...
Yes, wyrmling, the meat is made all the more tender by armor...

Offline X-Bellam & BC/TB (Bobby)

• Former players
  • Regent
  • Regency: 33
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 04:48:22 PM »
The kingdom would be in GREAT shape when he got back.

Turning power back over to him might get a little awkward, but the kingdom would be in great shape!  8)